Hip /Tailbone club anyone?

MizAvalon

then its mutual cuz i have loved your hair since i first saw it. i LOVE straight hair but im just too lazy to maintain that or anything else really.
thanks

Your hair is perfect as is, no need to do any extra stuff to it.:nono:

Would you mind sharing your regimen though please? :)

memee1978

i been doing some reserch on the net....for some reason...the longer the hair grows...the stronger it becomes....i mean,i have no splits....but when i kept my hair shorter i did.i believe in my own openion,that scientist dont know everything about hair.

Jynkx

Your hair is perfect as is, no need to do any extra stuff to it.:nono:

Would you mind sharing your regimen though please? :)

im still trying to find what works for me. i never used to do anything to my hair. barely washed it. hardly ever combed it. just wore my bun day and night. i dont tie my hair up at night. nowadays though i do try to wash every 2-3 days. i now know about prepoo. this is saving my hairs life......lol. i have alawys been dry city. now it is cool. i recently started using castor oil. also i stopped using regular gel and i use aloe vera gel instead. as you can see im all over the place with it. i really dont stick to any one thing.

memee1978

im still trying to find what works for me. i never used to do anything to my hair. barely washed it. hardly ever combed it. just wore my bun day and night. i dont tie my hair up at night. nowadays though i do try to wash every 2-3 days. i now know about prepoo. this is saving my hairs life......lol. i have alawys been dry city. now it is cool. i recently started using castor oil. also i stopped using regular gel and i use aloe vera gel instead. as you can see im all over the place with it. i really dont stick to any one thing.
do what works for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!my main thing is im going to try to keep it moisterized as much as possible!!!!!!!!

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
OK, Jynkx, I think we now have the answer to who has the longest hair on LHCF!!! :notworthy

WOW! It's so gorgeous and pretty!!! :grin:

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
i been doing some reserch on the net....for some reason...the longer the hair grows...the stronger it becomes....i mean,i have no splits....but when i kept my hair shorter i did.i believe in my own openion,that scientist dont know everything about hair.

Oh! I have to agree with this! Since my hair become waist length it hasn't had any split ends anymore...Also because I don't use a comb or brush anymore either. :) Only finger comb.

memee1978

Oh! I have to agree with this! Since my hair become waist length it hasn't had any split ends anymore...Also because I don't use a comb or brush anymore either. :) Only finger comb.
thats what ive been doing too.finger combing.the only time i use a comb is in the shower when i detangle my hair using a moisterizing conditioner after that...no more combs.ive notice women with extremly long hair keep it pined up a lot.is there a secret to this?:grin:

Jynkx

the split end debate is always firey. i personally dont worry about splits. i wear my hair in a bun everyday though. i think if you wear straight hair then it does look better to have clean ends but i do not buy into the unhealthy hair or that they will split all the way up the shaft. i have not experienced that. dry crunchy ends.......this i have had and when i do i will cut them off. after being on this site, i think splits are directly related to hair care habits. i have always had lots of splits and i had zero hair care habits. i see that ladies on here report less splits with length sometimes but they have also picked up good habits too. i recently started S&D tactics on my splits. so we will see if the decrease. my hair is not nearly as dry as a few months ago. so we will see.

memee1978

the split end debate is always firey. i personally dont worry about splits. i wear my hair in a bun everyday though. i think if you wear straight hair then it does look better to have clean ends but i do not buy into the unhealthy hair or that they will split all the way up the shaft. i have not experienced that. dry crunchy ends.......this i have had and when i do i will cut them off. after being on this site, i think splits are directly related to hair care habits. i have always had lots of splits and i had zero hair care habits. i see that ladies on here report less splits with length sometimes but they have also picked up good habits too. i recently started S&D tactics on my splits. so we will see if the decrease. my hair is not nearly as dry as a few months ago. so we will see.
i agree and i also think that splits can occur anywhere on the head!!!!!!!also....they say to trim the hair.i say.....i ant trimmin nothing when its not dammaged.i dont believe its neccesary.now if your hair is see therough....then yeah cut it....but then too...thats a personal prefrence.

LunadeMiel

ok ladies. in honor of the hip/tailbone club i finally set up a fotki. please keep in mind that i am only about 3 months into my haircare journey. my hair needs lots of TLC. thats why im here. now that i have learned some good haircare habits, i hope to show amazing progress like the ladies i have been admiring on here.

enjoy my pix :drunk: but please be gentle with me.......lol

fotki.com/Jynkx

OMG WOW...:shocked::drool::worship2:

Jynkx

OK, Jynkx, I think we now have the answer to who has the longest hair on LHCF!!! :notworthy

WOW! It's so gorgeous and pretty!!! :grin:

thank you flower hair !!!!!!

i have been admiring you since i found LHCF. you dont know how many times ive called my husband to the computer...."baby, come look at THIS hair!"
thanks for the compliments

onejamifan

then its mutual cuz i have loved your hair since i first saw it. i LOVE straight hair but im just too lazy to maintain that or anything else really.
thanks

Seeing your gorgeously long, healthy, abundant, fantastic, phenomenal, awe-inspiring, amazing hair makes me want to transition!!!

Cichelle

I don't get splits either, thank goodness. I don't comb or brush my hair for styling purposes, but I use a seamless comb in the shower to detangle. I wish I could get away with just finger combing. But I tried it for a while and it didn't get enough of the shed hair out...which meant a lot of tangles down the line. I think I might try it again, though. The more simple the better.

My problem is I have what I've labeled PTTD. That's Post Traumatic Tangle Disorder. I had a really, really bad session of detangling after I tried a low mani/no combing regimen once. It broke my hair and traumatized me. Okay, maybe I'm being a little dramatic. But as a result I'm paranoid about tangles turning into a rat's nest on my head.

memee1978

when i first saw flower hair i was like oh my god!!!!!that is beautiful hair!!!!!!all you ladies amaze me!!!!!!!!!!!!!thats why im going to stay focused on reaching my goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Jynkx

I don't get splits either, thank goodness. I don't comb or brush my hair for styling purposes, but I use a seamless comb in the shower to detangle. I wish I could get away with just finger combing. But I tried it for a while and it didn't get enough of the shed hair out...which meant a lot of tangles down the line. I think I might try it again, though. The more simple the better.

My problem is I have what I've labeled PTTD. That's Post Traumatic Tangle Disorder. I had a really, really bad session of detangling after I tried a low mani/no combing regimen once. It broke my hair and traumatized me. Okay, maybe I'm being a little dramatic. But as a result I'm paranoid about tangles turning into a rat's nest on my head.

that is what thinned my hair out drastically. i used to wear the bun with little washes and only detangling in the shower so by the time i would detangle it would be almost dreaded. sometimes i'd be like oh no ima have to cut this peice out!!!! (never did though) and me not being tender headed i just used to rip on through. now i wish i hadnt did that :nono:. now
that i make sure to wash/detangle every 2-3 days its ok.

Cichelle

chischelle,how long did it take you from low waist to get to tailbone length?:rolleyes:

I don't think I'm at tailbone yet. That pic in my avatar is from January of this year and I haven't done a length check since. I think that's hip, though. From waist to hip was....let me look at my fotki...

It looks like my hair was midback, or just under bsl, in Jan/Feb of '07 and at waist six months after that in the summer of '07. I haven't updated my fotki since then, but I know I took the avatar pic in January '08. That means a whole six months from waist to hip.

memee1978

I don't think I'm at tailbone yet. That pic in my avatar is from January of this year and I haven't done a length check since. I think that's hip, though. From waist to hip was....let me look at my fotki...

It looks like my hair was midback, or just under bsl, in Jan/Feb of '07 and at waist six months after that in the summer of '07. I haven't updated my fotki since then, but I know I took the avatar pic in January '08. That means a whole six months from waist to hip.
wow!!!!!!!!!!now thats what i call some serious growth....but you look like you right at tail bone to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!its georgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Jynkx

when i first saw flower hair i was like oh my god!!!!!that is beautiful hair!!!!!!all you ladies amaze me!!!!!!!!!!!!!thats why im going to stay focused on reaching my goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

that what i said when i found LHCF. i had never seen such hair before.