Hip Tbl & Beyond Challenge 2018

tapioca_pudding

I need to find my HG, when I tell you I took a whole entire 3 yr vacation from hair. I truly did lol. I was soo close to BSB and it all broke off/trimmed off, disappeared lol. What are you HG products. I started dabbling in Ayurveda this past wash day. I am itching to make some teas and oils lol.

Shampoo - don't have an HG yet
Moisturizing DC - Mielle Organics Babbassu (sp??) DC (wish it came in a more cost effective size though)
Protein DC - Either a henna gloss or any DC w/ a healthy shot of Green Beauty Real Protein Treatment added
Liquid Leave In - DIY Henna tea
Creamy Leave In/Moisturizer - Mielle Organics Hair Milk
Moisturizer for swangy straight hair - Mane Choice Split End Serum
Scalp Oil - DIY henna oil (still tweaking recipe)
Sealing Butter - DIY whipped butter (still tweaking recipe, planning to make it an ayuervedic whipped butter), 2nd place vatika frosting whenever it arrives :lol:
Styles - Flat twists, braid outs, loose buns with the occasional flat iron when I feel like it

tapioca_pudding

I figured we could just keep the same thread with all of our history and just keep updating the title. For this 2 year session, I plan to grow my nape to TBL. It's struggling a bit. It's very fine and very loose and fragile. I have already seperated it off from the rest of my hair and I keep it in 3 twists. I take them down and retwist them every 2 weeks after I wash.

View attachment 417951

View attachment 417953

And yep they will stay twisted until they reach tailbone. LOL
Your hair :drool:

I want to do something similar to my crown but I have no idea what. It's my most loose/fragile/shortest area and will break if you breeve on it too hard. :nono: Lately when I do my two flat twists, I leave that area loose and after my twists are done, I just gently bobby pin those areas into the twist so there isn't as much tension. I'm hoping that will help me retain more in that area.

I also realized that area will get hydral fatigue in a heartbeat, which is why I tend to avoid wet buns. When I wet bun, that area is smack dab in the middle of the bun and therefore never fully dries. Being wet all day is too much for that section and I end up having some breakage.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Yeah if I ever order again, I'm stocking up. My emotions can't take all this. :lol:

I stocked up for sure. With the 3 orders combined, I ended up with:

2 Methi Tea Sets
1 shampoo
2 Vatika Frostings
1 Jardin oil
5 Jardin DC's
7 Deep Moisture Masques

I already have at home:
2 Methi sets
1 shampoo

I wont need to order again until Black Friday next year :lachen:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Your hair :drool:

I want to do something similar to my crown but I have no idea what. It's my most loose/fragile/shortest area and will break if you breeve on it too hard. :nono: Lately when I do my two flat twists, I leave that area loose and after my twists are done, I just gently bobby pin those areas into the twist so there isn't as much tension. I'm hoping that will help me retain more in that area.

I also realized that area will get hydral fatigue in a heartbeat, which is why I tend to avoid wet buns. When I wet bun, that area is smack dab in the middle of the bun and therefore never fully dries. Being wet all day is too much for that section and I end up having some breakage.

How many sections do you wash in? I noticed most do 4, but that can cause a lot of tension at the crown and lower middle section too.

beauti

I had to show yall how I cleaned out my jar of cp henna shea butter cream. This jar was filled to the brim and I literally scraped the sides and bottoms to get to every smear! :lol: I'm making more tonight

AgeinATL

My mom used to do my hair with Vaseline and hot comb. The only heat damage I remember was the infrequent time when it was too hot and she'd have to cut out those few strands -- three hair turned light brown because it was charred. We never did a blowout first. I really wouldn't know what the proper techniques would be nor what to look for in a stylist.

Have you looked into the Revlon blow dryer brush thing?
http://www.ulta.com/one-step-hair-dryer-styler?productId=xlsImpprod13261053

I tried it on my sister's hair and it is worth the hype. It makes blow drying very easy and quick. Just a thought!

faithVA

I figured we could just keep the same thread with all of our history and just keep updating the title. For this 2 year session, I plan to grow my nape to TBL. It's struggling a bit. It's very fine and very loose and fragile. I have already seperated it off from the rest of my hair and I keep it in 3 twists. I take them down and retwist them every 2 weeks after I wash.

View attachment 417951

View attachment 417953

And yep they will stay twisted until they reach tailbone. LOL
Do you know why it struggles? My nape is the same way. It' been sitting at my collarbone for 2 years.

Taleah2009

@Taleah2009 do you plan on sealing with this butter? If so, I wouldnt add msm, it can be drying. How does your cream smell? Mine smells like mint chocolate! :love:
Hhmm I didn't think about. I forgot I planned to make the shea buttter with the oil. Thanks for the reminder! Maybe I blend that up and the. Add the msm to the remaining oil to use for my scalp. Mines smiles like chocolate too!

I just remembered I forgot to add some castor oil. Shoot I'll do that in a minute

beauti

Hhmm I didn't think about. I forgot I planned to make the shea buttter with the oil. Thanks for the reminder! Maybe I blend that up and the. Add the msm to the remaining oil to use for my scalp. Mines smiles like chocolate too!

I just remembered I forgot to add some castor oil. Shoot I'll do that in a minute
Oh ok yeah add the msm to the oil thats left over. I actually made that oil a while ago as is but I just dont need it in my regimen. But that henna shea butta?? The troof! :blush2:

Last edited:

Taleah2009

Oh ok yeah add the msm to the oil thats left over. I actually made that oil a while ago as is but I just dont need it in my regimen. But that henna shea butta?? The troof! :blush2:

I can't wait!! I'll give the oil one more day to summer and marinate and I'll make the butter tomorrow. I have a big ole bag of shea butter that has just been sitting.

Eta: just checked the shelf life of my shea butter and it has expired. Dang I'm going to have to order some more

Last edited: