Hip Tbl & Beyond Challenge 2018

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I am never going to use bananas in a DC for my hair again.

I ran out of Neutral Colorful Protein Filler and didn't feel like leaving the house again yesterday evening, so I decided to try eggs one more time as a protein treatment and threw in a banana, honey and coconut oil in just to make the mixture a little thicker. The banana ruined things. It left chunks in my hair and it was super difficult to get them out...because of that my wash day lasted 3 hours. I was TOO THROUGH. I even had a bad dream about it last night once I went to bed lol.

So next time, I'm either going to make that trip to Sally's or leave the protein treatment for another day...I don't want another mishap like that.

Could you blend the bananas in a blender first before adding it in?

CheChe1881

I am never going to use bananas in a DC for my hair again.

I ran out of Neutral Colorful Protein Filler and didn't feel like leaving the house again yesterday evening, so I decided to try eggs one more time as a protein treatment and threw in a banana, honey and coconut oil in just to make the mixture a little thicker. The banana ruined things. It left chunks in my hair and it was super difficult to get them out...because of that my wash day lasted 3 hours. I was TOO THROUGH. I even had a bad dream about it last night once I went to bed lol.

So next time, I'm either going to make that trip to Sally's or leave the protein treatment for another day...I don't want another mishap like that.

If you ever wanted to use it again, use baby food. I use banana baby food and it works like a charm.

CheChe1881

So I washed and DC'd with Gabrielle Unions Flawless hair care line... The Smoothing Poo & Con and the Hair Repair Masque....

I must say that LESS is MORE with these products... The line smells amazing! The consistency is very thick, especially the shampoo....
The Smoothing Shampoo: I believe I used a little too much, it definitely cleansed, but, my hair felt completely STRIPPED... I honestly believe it was because I used more than I should have. This shampoo is the thickest shampoo I think I've ever used... A lot is definitely not needed.

The Smoothing Conditioner: OMG! I LOVEEEEEE ITTTT a definite REBUY for me! I conditioned my hair, put a shower cap on for about 10 mins and then rinsed, my hair felt sooooo moisturized, smooth, silkyyyy! I didnt even want to deep condition after!

The Hair Repair Masque: I liked it a lot, it was very moisturizing, but, I gotta give it another shot... I did realize that it held the moisture in my hair though... After rinsing this DC out, my hair didn't start to frizz after I lightly towel dried it... And it stayed that way even after for about 10 mins.... Usually, my hair would start to frizz after about 2 mins after being towel dried... Good DC for Moisture! This was my hair after being towel dried and just sitting out for 10 mins no product... Minimal frizz!
View attachment 396381

And this is my hair an hour after applying my regular moisturizer and oil to seal... I do this every Sunday and walk around the house with my satin scarf around me as I let my hair air dry, then plait it up..... Its about 85 percent dry... And Im about to plait it soon and throw on my bonnet...
View attachment 396387
View attachment 396385 View attachment 396383

Beautiful !! So hmmmmm... I just might look into the conditioner or masque :clapping:
Thank you for the review !

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Health
I'm still doing the cabbage soup diet. I'm upping my water. It's that special time, so I'm fatigued, but that's normal.

Hair
I think for May I'm going to try finger detangling my ends followed by using ONLY a wide-tooth comb. I will take vev's stylist's advice and use a flicking instead of a pulling motion. I'll need to be very diligent about removing shed hairs with shower water.

I've gotten so many compliments on my hair this weekend as I've complimented others on theirs. My husband said, "You're hair is like your crown now. Beautiful! I think once you grow two more curly inches, you're going to have the hair you really, really want and love."

The neat thing is that with pineappling, I'm on Day 3. I no longer feel I need to pay for a two-strand twist out. :smile: I think I'm going to see how it looks if I retwist tonight, using the CRN style setter.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
@YvetteWithJoy
How many lbs. do you normally drop when doing the cabbage soup diet? Are you doing it to drop weight or to cleanse/detox?

I bought the ingredients yesterday.

TMI, I tried taking diamateous earth via capsules, but it made my stools too dry :nono:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
@YvetteWithJoy
How many lbs. do you normally drop when doing the cabbage soup diet? Are you doing it to drop weight or to cleanse/detox?

I bought the ingredients yesterday.

TMI, I tried taking diamateous earth via capsules, but it made my stools too dry :nono:

Once I get home I'll look at my weigh-in records to see how much I lost (I've only done it one time before).

I do it to jumpstart weight loss. If I can lose some weight and bloating and pudge at the start, it's very motivating: It keeps me wanting to lose more, and it acclimates me to eating a high percentage of vegetables and fruit. It weans my taste buds away from Chik Fil A and such, because it's flavorful and I can eat as much as I want, so my cravings readjust.

Lean ground beef, salmon, chicken chunks, etc. all work in the cabbage soup. I follow the DivasCanCook rules on what to add on what days.

CheChe1881

Health
I'm still doing the cabbage soup diet. I'm upping my water. It's that special time, so I'm fatigued, but that's normal.

Hair
I think for May I'm going to try finger detangling my ends followed by using ONLY a wide-tooth comb. I will take vev's stylist's advice and use a flicking instead of a pulling motion. I'll need to be very diligent about removing shed hairs with shower water.

I've gotten so many compliments on my hair this weekend as I've complimented others on theirs. My husband said, "You're hair is like your crown now. Beautiful! I think once you grow two more curly inches, you're going to have the hair you really, really want and love."

The neat thing is that with pineappling, I'm on Day 3. I no longer feel I need to pay for a two-strand twist out. :smile: I think I'm going to see how it looks if I retwist tonight, using the CRN style setter.

Is there a video of this method? I don't know what that looks like lol and I'm intrigued !

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Is there a video of this method? I don't know what that looks like lol and I'm intrigued !

I don't know! But I'm intrigued to, and agree that a video would help. I'm assuming her stylist means that we should flick/twist our wrist up and through the hair section's ends instead of pulling the comb/brush down through and out of the hair section's ends. But that is just my guess.

But great idea: I'm going to search for a video once I'm back home.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Once I get home I'll look at my weigh-in records to see how much I lost (I've only done it one time before).

I do it to jumpstart weight loss. If I can lose some weight and bloating and pudge at the start, it's very motivating: It keeps me wanting to lose more, and it acclimates me to eating a high percentage of vegetables and fruit. It weans my taste buds away from Chik Fil A and such, because it's flavorful and I can eat as much as I want, so my cravings readjust.

Lean ground beef, salmon, chicken chunks, etc. all work in the cabbage soup. I follow the DivasCanCook rules on what to add on what days.

I looked at my diet record sheet, and I didn't record my weight loss accurately the week I did the Cabbage Diet Soup. I'm guessing about 6 pounds. I started at 141 lbs this time, so I'll be able to know for sure this time around.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
It had a lot of brown...maybe it was too ripe lol.

I've never used bananas in my hair and I know you are over it by now, but should you ever decide to try it again try this:

Blend your banana with a liquid first (water, aloe Vera juice, glycerin etc). Next get a strainer and strain the pulp off and just use the liquid-y cream that's left behind. That's the part you want to add to your mixes. The pulp is what will stick to your strands.

I saw a video where Naptural85 was using a banana in her DIY coconut milk DC and that's the tip she gave.

Damaris.Elle

If you ever wanted to use it again, use baby food. I use banana baby food and it works like a charm.
I've never used bananas in my hair and I know you are over it by now, but should you ever decide to try it again try this:

Blend your banana with a liquid first (water, aloe Vera juice, glycerin etc). Next get a strainer and strain the pulp off and just use the liquid-y cream that's left behind. That's the part you want to add to your mixes. The pulp is what will stick to your strands.

I saw a video where Naptural85 was using a banana in her DIY coconut milk DC and that's the tip she gave.

If I ever were to try it again I would use the baby food or this method.

On a more positive note: Now that the chunks are all completely out I see the mask left my hair shiny and feeling strong.

NaturalShe94

Im so scared to do DIY hair conditioners or treatments anymore. I did one some time ago with Coconut Milk, Eggs, Grapeseed Oil and Olive Oil, left it in for 30 mins and washed it out, my hair felt like STRAW! :pullhair:I had to clarify and condition twice! I said never againnnn.
:nono:

beauti

Mannn...youtube makes everything look so easy and will have you thinking you can do all kinds of thangs! :lol: After watching 50 videos :look: I took the plunge and did these stitch braids. I'm really not a braider plus I'm a lefty so you can imagine how torturous this was! Gonna keep them in for a minimum of 2 weeks after all the sweat and arm fatigue that went into this.

20170425_143607.jpg

Damaris.Elle

Im so scared to do DIY hair conditioners or treatments anymore. I did one some time ago with Coconut Milk, Eggs, Grapeseed Oil and Olive Oil, left it in for 30 mins and washed it out, my hair felt like STRAW! :pullhair:I had to clarify and condition twice! I said never againnnn.

Yeah, I used to do a lot of DIY conditioners, but lately I've been sticking to actual products and it's been working well. I just ordered a big bottle of Neutral Colorful Protein Filler so I'll have it next time I want to do a protein treatment.

NaturalShe94

Mannn...youtube makes everything look so easy and will have you thinking you can do all kinds of thangs! :lol: After watching 50 videos :look: I took the plunge and did these stitch braids. I'm really not a braider plus I'm a lefty so you can imagine how torturous this was! Gonna keep them in for a minimum of 2 weeks after all the sweat and arm fatigue that went into this.

View attachment 396551

They look greatttt!

MzSwift

Im so scared to do DIY hair conditioners or treatments anymore. I did one some time ago with sounds likeCoconut Milk, Eggs, Grapeseed Oil and Olive Oil, left it in for 30 mins and washed it out, my hair felt like STRAW! :pullhair:I had to clarify and condition twice! I said never againnnn.

Whoo, poor thing! That sounds like a lot of protein!! No wonder your hair felt like straw! That might be a good one to use after a chemical process though. Hmmm :brainy:

Last edited: