Hip–Tailbone Length (HL–TBL) 2015-2016 Challenge!

faithVA

Yes adding extension hair. For me it's all about the way you grab the hair instead of in half 50/50 it's more like a 20/80 so it is really a twist that is 1 part Marley hair and the other part my hair. Plus I feather/stretch the hair. I don't know if that makes sense lol I'm not even sure I would know what I meant if I was reading this.
I don't completely understand but I have a better idea than I did before. Thanks.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Can't wait to see. Will you still continue posting in the rollerset thread?

Absolutely! We need to revive that thread especially since fall is right around the corner and that's when setting starts popping again. I just moved to the DMV area so this will be my first real fall/winter with actual snow in like 7 years. I can't see myself wetting my hair twice a week like I've been doing so I'm trying to find a happy medium where I can set and have it last at least a week.

Last edited:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
2015-09-05_21.38.38.jpg 2015-09-05_21.39.04.jpg
I

I can't believe I didn't get a notification. Thanks for the visual! Can't wait to see results!

I took my hair down early since I had a dinner to go. I really never like my Day 1 hair....it's too tame and kinda flat. I prefer days 3 & 4 hair when the frizz and big hair starts to creep in. If I remember, I'll update pics on those days too.

Oh and I used Camille Rose Moisture Milk as a leave in and Camille Rose Aloe whipped butter gel as a Styler. Left my hair soft and bouncy.

@pre_medicalrulz @faithVA

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
View attachment 336545 View attachment 336541

I took my hair down early since I had a dinner to go. I really never like my Day 1 hair....it's too tame and kinda flat. I prefer days 3 & 4 hair when the frizz and big hair starts to creep in. If I remember, I'll update pics on those days too.

Oh and I used Camille Rose Moisture Milk as a leave in and Camille Rose Aloe whipped butter gel as a Styler. Left my hair soft and bouncy.

@pre_medicalrulz @faithVA

Oh. My. Goodness.
I absolutely adore this!!
I doubt my hair can do this though.
Yup. I'm pretty much jealous!

ilong

God's Own
Do you ladies think this is a good place to cut to even out the see-thru ends from all the shedding?View attachment 336551
:thud:- your hair is beautiful!!! Believe it or not I have been waiting to see updates of your hair for a while now. I saw your pics with your sassy protective style wigs - but this ^^^^ is
just plain o' hair candy!

Oh back to your question - isn't your line a little too high? From what I can tell.

pre_medicalrulz

:thud:- your hair is beautiful!!! Believe it or not I have been waiting to see updates of your hair for a while now. I saw your pics with your sassy protective style wigs - but this ^^^^ is

Oh back to your question - isn't your line a little too high? From what I can tell.

Aww thank you. That's super sweet! :blush2:

Hmmm I don't know about the line though. Seemed like a nice place to start. Lol

Guinan

Re-Branding

OMG! I was thinking the same thing! @ilong

@pre_medicalrulz , me personally, I would cut in a V shape (I absolutely LOVE V-Shape) or just leave it, cause It doesn't look bad AT ALL.

pre_medicalrulz

OMG! I was thinking the same thing! @ilong

@pre_medicalrulz , me personally, I would cut in a V shape (I absolutely LOVE V-Shape) or just leave it, cause It doesn't look bad AT ALL.

@pre_medicalrulz - I only speak what is obvious. :smile: and I agree with @pelohello - you should consider the V-shape. It gives the hair more of a statement than a straight across cut.
But it doesn't matter what you do with - your hair will be beautiful regardless.

LOL!! Ok ok ok.. I hear ya'll. Will try the V shape but I can't guarantee it won't be crooked V or an awkward W. :lachen:
Thank you ladies for your honest input!

cocosweet

Hey ladies! Time for a major update! You don't need to provide pictures if you don't have any but let us all know how your hair is doing, how's the journey to HL/TBL so far, highs, lows, etc.

@Beachy @BeautifulFlower @bebezazueta @cocosweet @curlycrocheter @davisbr88 @Dee Raven @DoDo @Duchess007 @girlonfire @IllustriousOne @ILuvCurls @KinksAndInk @LaFemmeNaturelle @LaVgirl @Lucia @lulu97 @ManeStreet @marta9227 @mayoo @melahnee @MileHighDiva @MsKinkycurl @mssoconfused @Napp @Naturelie @pre_medicalrulz @prettydarkthing @SmilingElephant @YaniraNaturally
I know I'm waaaay late with my so called update but here it is: I think I am at a standstill. I haven't straightened in a long time, but it seems like whenever I stretch it, it is still around MBL-WL. I've been wearing mainly twist outs and experimenting with color as of late. I wanna just find a braider and keep it braided continuously until Xmas 2016. I should be HL by then if my hair doesn't conspire against me by shedding or breaking.

pre_medicalrulz

Wait, what? Is this concoction to be used on the hair or do I just trim away the split ends.? Is that what you're saying ?

Lol, no it's a joke that splits cannot be fixed. They must be cut out. Lol

Wow! Lovely! Do you have your regime posted on here somewhere? If so, can you send me the link?

Your hair is beautiful!

Thank you. Sorry, no regimen. Just deep conditioning and protective styling these days.

davisbr88

What are you ladies using to keep curls in your long strands throughout the day? For instance, for rollersets you want to last all day.

I know they are completely taboo but the only long lasting curls I get on my straight hair are with sponge rollers either overnight or with my Caruso set. No curls really last all day for me, but pincurls and satin rollers only last like an hour and then fall completely flat. Sponge roller curls look really good during the first 3 or 4 hours and then fall into bumps and stay for the rest of the day.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Do you ladies think this is a good place to cut to even out the see-thru ends from all the shedding?View attachment 336551

Girl I'm super late but I hope you didnt cut that much off. My ends look like yours on a daily basis but mine is a difference in texture (natural v/s relaxed)

I think it looks fine. Your lil baby cakes is growing up so your postpartum shedding should be stopping pretty soon. The worst of it should be over though. No cutting! lol

pre_medicalrulz

View attachment 337273 View attachment 337275 Riddle me this. Why is it so hard to post pictures? I've resized these mugs 50-11 times. I wont be posting pics for a while...too much trouble. Geesh

Here's a roller set I did a few days ago that turned out to be a frizzed out bust. Bad hair day but I'mma make it work.

You've been holding out!!!! That is NOT busted!! So luscious!!!! :lots:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Complaining coming in 5,4,3,2.....1:bah:

Anybody in a hair funk? I'm like so over it. I think I wore myself out over the summer. I thought it would be easier to deep condition and cleanse twice a week rather to do my normal wash and roller set every 10-14 days. Well I was lying to myself. I had a nice summer growth spurt but GIRLLLLLLLL.... momma's tied...yes tied! That routine may work for somebody with short hair but not for hair entering bootie crack land. Lesson learned but at the same time, I want a break. Buttttttt.....I Hate wigs, weaves feel yucky and too itchy, and aint nobody got time to spend hours at a braiding shop. I'm just like in a rut. I just do not want to even look at my hair for the rest of the year. :bangdesk:

I have a salon appt coming up but I'm very uncomfortable and uneasy letting a new stylist in my head even if she is social media|lhcf famous .... maybe once I'm fully natural. I've only heard and seen great things but just still uneasy.

Ok done complaining. Is it too early for a :alcoholics::beer5:lol

Last edited:

davisbr88

@lulu97 I am in a hair funk too. I don't know why, but my hair has been so frustrating lately. I don't know if it's the added length or what, but the tangles are so freaking annoying, which is why I decided to go straight but now it's been a week since I washed and there is NO way I will make it to next week. I definitely cannot straighten once a week and think I will have any hair left. I am so over my hair right now. This would usually be the time when I would get a PS, but I just can't do the pulling on my scalp with extensions, and PS with my hair tangle SO easily. UGGGGH!!!! I just don't know what to do.