Hip–Tailbone Length (HL–TBL) 2015-2016 Challenge!

Aireen

I sweat all thru my head making my wash and look like a sad fro by day 3....
I know a lot of girls co-wash in between if they sweat throughout their whole head while working out. Is there a way you can just rock a puff though if you don't want to co-wash, mssoconfused? I know I'd just rock buns because I can't be bothered with co-washing if I were sweating all over my head.

Last edited:

Aireen

Good idea!

I collect lots of curly hair pics on Pinterest... there's not as many pics of long hair tho. Especially looooong hair on black women. Unless it's weave and then it's discouraging. Lol
You do have to dig through a bit to find black women with real hair but they are around, @SmilingElephant. I think there are Tumblr blogs dedicated to mostly black women's long hair, you just gotta put in the right words into Google. :grin: If I find, I'll definitely post it here and tag you, I want this thread to be filled with epic inspiration. :spinning::drunk:

Last edited:

bebezazueta

I get my long hair inspiration from Instagram. Most of the ladies are HL & beyond Aireen SmilingElephant

Eclark6 - natural
Razorempress - natural
Prettywitty77 - relaxed
Nitraboo08 - relaxed
Ulovemichelle - transitioning
Courtneynaturalhair - natural

SmilingElephant

You do have to dig through a bit to find black women with real hair but they are around, @SmilingElephant. I think there are Tumblr blogs dedicated to mostly black women's long hair, you just gotta put in the right words into Google. :grin: If I find, I'll definitely post it here and tag you, I want this thread to be filled with epic inspiration. :spinning::drunk:

Yes! We need lists of instagrammers and tumblrs and Pinterests and stuff for super long hair inspiration. :yep:

Im just tripping bc im already talking about reaching hip length and I feel I just did my bc yesterday... But at the same time I have hairnorexia lol

Aireen

Im just tripping bc im already talking about reaching hip length and I feel I just did my bc yesterday... But at the same time I have hairnorexia lol
We'll get there, I'm not giving up on this... ever loool. :look: Honestly, I wonder if the hairnorexia ever goes away because after people get to TBL I see them wanting to move to Classic. :nono::lol:

cocosweet

Aireen,
Now that my hair seems like it wants to play nice, I want in.

• Current length: MBL-WL

Regimen: Deep condition once a month, minimal straightening, keep hair from getting too dry. Trim as needed.

Exact goal length: HL

Exact goal date: 12/31/2015

Tools + plans to help reach final goal: World of Curls Activator, coconut oil, Infusium 23, keep hair braided or twisted at least half the time.

Maintenance + plans once goal is achieved: Keep doing what I've been doing.

SmilingElephant

We'll get there, I'm not giving up on this... ever loool. :look: Honestly, I wonder if the hairnorexia ever goes away because after people get to TBL I see them wanting to move to Classic. :nono::lol:

I don't want THAT much hair! Lol!

I think the longest I'd go is tbl. But I wanna maintain at hip for a while to get my ends thickened up.

Aireen

I think the longest I'd go is tbl. But I wanna maintain at hip for a while to get my ends thickened up.
I HOPE I don't want that much hair. :look: I don't think so... :look::lol:

I'll probably be doing that as well. HL to TBL doesn't seem too far apart so catching up seems easy.

SmilingElephant

I shampooed conditioned and deep conditioned my hair last night. My scalp was hurting from wearing it straight. My head feels so much better!

I hate that lingering "flat ironed" smell. :(

cocosweet

SmilingElephant, For the longest time, I considered wl my holy grail length with hl being a bonus. Now I'm realizing that the distance between hl and tbl isn't that great at all on me. I could go for tbl next year.:look:

Gah! Make it stop!:lol:

LaVgirl

• Current length: TBL; 4a natural
• Regimen: Wash weekly, leave in condish, detangle, twist and bun.
• Exact goal length: I guess the next milestone is classic?
• Exact goal date: December 31st, 2016, although I'm not sure what is a reasonable time for reaching that goal.
• Tools + plans to help reach final goal: Keep taking my vitamins, and inversions.
• Maintenance + plans once goal is achieved: I can't wait to flip it! I think I might want to straighten it more often.

SmilingElephant

• Exact goal date: December 31st, 2016, although I'm not sure what is a reasonable time for reaching that goal.
• Tools + plans to help reach final goal: Keep taking my vitamins, and inversions.
• Maintenance + plans once goal is achieved: I can't wait to flip it! I think I might want to straighten it more often.

http://s419.photobucket.com/user/halfaheart/media/IMG_20141127_103827.jpg.html

http://s419.photobucket.com/user/halfaheart/media/IMG_20141127_103926.jpg.html

Sooo wayment...

U have the length I want. :lick:

For those of u who are HL+... how does it feel? My hair has never been that long! If I hadn't big chopped it would be lol

Joigirl

• Current length: TBL; 4a natural • Regimen: Wash weekly, leave in condish, detangle, twist and bun. • Exact goal length: I guess the next milestone is classic? • Exact goal date: December 31st, 2016, although I'm not sure what is a reasonable time for reaching that goal. • Tools + plans to help reach final goal: Keep taking my vitamins, and inversions. • Maintenance + plans once goal is achieved: I can't wait to flip it! I think I might want to straighten it more often. http://s419.photobucket.com/user/halfaheart/media/IMG_20141127_103827.jpg.html http://s419.photobucket.com/user/halfaheart/media/IMG_20141127_103926.jpg.html

Thanks so much for sharing, my daughter has dense but fine 4a MBL hair. Keeping her ends healthy is a struggle. Can you please share regimen? She would like to get to your length. Thanks!

Aireen

Hey, LaVgirl! Congratulations on TBL~ Your hair looks lovely! Added you to the list with a little trophy next to your name.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Since I know I didn't make hip this year (I knew I wouldn't) I'll do all my updates here.

I got some new moisturizers to help me make it to hip in 2015! They are both from Darcy's Botanicals. The milk is new to me but I've used the MVSC years ago after I would get my hair pressed. Well I used them together 3 days ago & LAWD my hair is still moisturized, has movement and is so dark. Am I the only one that knows my hair is moisturized when it's darker? When it's too dry, it gets this reddish crispy looking color. Lmbo

Last edited:

LaVgirl

Thank you, everyone!

SmilingElephant Now that it's straight, I finally feel like my hair is kinda sorta long. But once I wash it, I'm sure I'll go right back to feeling like it's short still.

Joigirl Her hair sounds like mine. My hair strands themselves are not particularly thick but I just have a LOT. This is basically what I do... shampoo/condition once a week in twists. I squeeze out the excess water, take out each twist one at a time, detangle, moisturize and retwist. Usually I have 20-25 twists total and I bun them all week until it's wash day again. I hardly have any tangles this way (unless I skip a week) and it keeps me from becoming overwhelmed. I hope that helps!

Aireen YAY! Thank you! Do you know if there's another thread for the classic goal?

lulu97 Thanks! You will!!

Carrie A

Hey Ladies,(waves)

So as I posted in the old thread, I went through with my cut. Actually, I needed it more than I thought. Threw in some highlights for good measure. I'm liking it but I'm back to APL'ish. So I bid you all adieu and wish you luck. I'm joining the BSL challenge for this year.

Attachments

• Photo on 12-6-14 at 9.21 PM #2.jpg
    Photo on 12-6-14 at 9.21 PM #2.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 171

SmilingElephant

I'm gonna just shampoo and deep condition today. Still nursing my curls.... Its only been a week so i expect a full recovery soon.

They just look sad right now :(

SmilingElephant

I just cut about 1.5 inches of heat damage. Not really much but it still makes me sad.

Attachments

• CAM02381.jpg
    CAM02381.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 145
  • ForumRunner_20141207_153318.jpg
    ForumRunner_20141207_153318.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 117

SmilingElephant

I need to

Buy a blender to make green smoothies. My overall health does better when I eat something green.

Take vitamins everyday.

Up my water intake.

Get more rest.

DC for more than 10 minutes.

Buy more deep conditioners.

Aireen

I need to...

• Get back to drinking my hemp protein green smoothies
• Drink tons of water everyday
• Replace my vitamins when they run out
• Take a picture of what my current hair looks like
• Keep working on my skin
• Get back to using my steamer

SmilingElephant

Carrie A, aw thanks for updating us, hope you like your new haircut.

SmilingElephant, don't be sad! Better to cut now before the challenge begins than have to cut double later.

I need to...

• Get back to drinking my hemp protein green smoothies
• Drink tons of water everyday
• Replace my vitamins when they run out
• Take a picture of what my current hair looks like
• Keep working on my skin
• Get back to using my steamer

But I'm sad bc I feel stupid for wanting to straighten my hair in the first place. It hurts my feelings *in my little kid voice* *pouting* lol

So omg... let's tag team in this challenge Aireen! Bc I agree with everything on your list as well and I want the recipe to that smoothie. :grin:

I need to find a blender!! :whyme:

SmilingElephant

I dbl checked earlier...I didn't cut off as much as my mind is making it to be. I'm still around the same length...not MBL but not WL.

Aireen

But I'm sad bc I feel stupid for wanting to straighten my hair in the first place. It hurts my feelings *in my little kid voice* *pouting* lol

So omg... let's tag team in this challenge Aireen! Bc I agree with everything on your list as well and I want the recipe to that smoothie. :grin:

I need to find a blender!! :whyme:
HIDE THOSE HEAT TOOLS! WE HAVE TO MAKE TBL BY THE END OF 2016! :spank:

Yaaaassss, let's do ittttt! :grin: Get a blender! I don't suggest the Magic Bullet or any of those small ones, they all broke on me. Get a legit blender, I like my Oster. My recipes aren't that great but one I did like was:

• Kale
• Green grapes
• Blueberries
• Hemp protein
• Bolthouse Farms Green Goodness
• Water

^ I eyeball everything and make enough to fill the blender. BFGG juice is really sweet so it makes the smoothie taste better, I try to add just enough but not too much. I'm too lazy to measure everything whenever I make smoothies.