Hip–Tailbone Length (HL–TBL) 2015-2016 Challenge!

Duchess007

Duchess007: Your hair is sooooo pretty! And your homemade products look yummy :lick:
I don't think I am ready to take on MHM yet. It looks so time-consuming! Maybe once I graduate and don't have so much homework.
I will be following your progress, though :grin:

Thanks girl!! Yours is, too! :-D I look forward to going on the journey to HL/TBL together!

Duchess007

^That's not bad at all. I have... er... one or two more than that. :look:

ETA
image-3269088951.jpg

Attachments

• image-2186663687.jpg
    image-2186663687.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Beachy

I am going on a conditioner no buy :nono: Some of the bottles wouldn't even fit in the picture!:lachen:

That doesn't look too bad at all. You are making me feel like I need to go on a no buy :um no: I feel like conditioners are always something I use so much of, so I need to have a lot of them, you should just tell yourself that too it always works for me Lol!!

SmilingElephant

Lol! I've seen some ppl stashes on here and I'm like :shock:

I get overwhelmed when I have too much of a certain thing. So this is unlike me to have this much conditioner. It IS nice at the same time bc I'm not running out anytime soon :lol:

But then...it's too many choices and it wrecks my brain! Lol

I like to have at least 3 conditioners....but then I panic when I get halfway through the second to last bottle!!

davisbr88

SmilingElephant:
I am totally with you! I had a PJ phase at one point but ever since then, I have been determined to get my stash to 5 or less products, which I think I have finally done!!! :yep:

Aireen

I love Garnier. Try the sleek and shine leave in that comes in the chubby little bottle. AMAZING!!!!
Hm, I haven't seen that one in a longgg time. I used to use it and I found it alright, I'll probably try it again if I see it on sale. :grin:

girlonfire

Been lurking for minute. I wanna join! I plan on getting a hair cut in February so I'll update about that. I'm not expecting to leave with more than 2 in cut from my current length.

Current length: A little past WL
• Regimen:As of late when I don't have any special plans for my hair this is what I do:
I rinse my hair 2x a week or every 3-4 days. The first time I use either my WEN Fig or Joico Moisture Recovery Conditioner. Add Curl Keeper and It's a 10 leave in heavily. Twist up super wet hair in 4. The second time I will just rinse with water and massage my scalp, add leave in if necessary,twist or airdry for wng. Not quite sure when I'll incorporate shampoo. We'll see.
When roller setting: Set bi-weekly,wear for 10 days max, setting with same leave in using cream of nature setting lotion
I will prob wear a wig somewhere in there.
• Exact goal length: TBL
• Exact goal date: August 31st, 2016
• Tools + plans to help reach final goal: Seamless combs, rinsing 2x per week (I have found that detangling for me is not so daunting if I do it more frequently, less breakage), mini trims (.25-.5 in every 6 weeks trims)
• Maintenance + plans once goal is achieved: Pocahontas braids :pant::drool: whether I set, chunky twist, or whatever. And if I get bored with long hair, short wigs.

Dang that was long.:drunk:

BeautifulFlower

@Aireen, I wanna join!
I keep it simple.

• Current Length: Between WL - HL
  • Regimen: Co-wash daily, Shampoo and detangle once a week, Moisturize daily, Buns and weaves for protective styling, Heat Only for Length Check, Fresh Juice for Healthy Hair:grin:
  • Exact goal length: Majority HL
  • Exact goal date: Dec 31, 2015
  • Tools + plans to help reach final goal: Shea Moisture Shampoo, Aussie Moist for Co-Wash, Moisturizer (TBD), Wide Tooth Comb
  • Maintenance + plans once goal is achieved: The same as Regimen

Last edited:

Aireen

@Aireen

It is the best shampoo I have ever used besides the Shea Moisture Manuka. :yep::lick:
I can't get enough of it, it really detangles my hair and keeps the strands smooth. I want to buy huge bottles of it but my nearest BSS only has the regular sizes. You said SM Manuka is good? I haven't seen that where I live yet. How does SM Manuka Shampoo compare to CON Argan Oil Shampoo or are they both the same basically, DoDo?

Duchess007

Duchess007

Your hair is almost convincing me on MHM! Your hair is beautiful!

Too bad I'm so lazy, :lol: !

Girl, it is wearing me OUT. I keep scaling back the time of each step because it's SOOOO time-consuming. Luckily I'm starting to see some results or I would have quit by now. :lol:

Aireen

My new hair buys, went a little crazy. :grin:

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Attachments

• image-398169583.jpg
    image-398169583.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
I can't get enough of it, it really detangles my hair and keeps the strands smooth. I want to buy huge bottles of it but my nearest BSS only has the regular sizes. You said SM Manuka is good? I haven't seen that where I live yet. How does SM Manuka Shampoo compare to CON Argan Oil Shampoo or are they both the same basically, DoDo?

Aireen

I think the Shea Moisture is more cleansing but comparably moisturizing. It didn't strip my hair, it just left it free of residue yet manageable and hydrated. It was also easy to rinse out, and left my hair feeling strong and soft. That is probably because of the honey and rice protein it contains.

ETA: Let me know how the Dove line treats you!

Last edited:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I ended up having an early wash day since my lil precious baby boy decided to mush baby food throughout my hair. Instead of being a sour puss about it, I decided to try my first rhassoul clay treatment. I mixed it with coconut milk and can I say that I'm in love? My hair/scalp felt clean yet conditioned. I skipped washing/steaming because of that. I have never ever been able to do that. I just added conditioner and aloe vera juice for a wash and go bun. My curls were blinging and very defined...shooooot even my relaxed ends had a bit of curl to it.

Last edited:

Aireen

@Aireen

I think the Shea Moisture is more cleansing but comparably moisturizing. It didn't strip my hair, it just left it free of residue yet manageable and hydrated. It was also easy to rinse out, and left my hair feeling strong and soft. That is probably because of the honey and rice protein it contains.

ETA: Let me know how the Dove line treats you!
Ah thanks for the deets on it! I might buy it if I see it and remember. I like my shampoos super moisturizing; at this point, I'm not willing to fight with my hair so the easier the washing process is, the better.

I definitely will, I'll be trying it out for my next wash or the following, DoDo. :grin:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Straightened today so this is my official starting picture. Not too far from hip. Once I hit tailbone, I'll start trimming away the relaxed ends to get some thickness from root to tip. My natural growth stops around MBL.

Last edited:

Duchess007

Picked up a new cheapie conditioner from the Dollar Tree. Excited to give it a try. Ingredients:

image-882484744.jpg
ETA: front of the bottle

image-1554361493.jpg

Last edited:

Aireen

Just finished combing through my hair and realized the trims I made a while ago made a decent difference – not only because I took off thin ends but also because I used a new scissors! :yep: Honestly if I used my old ones, my ends wouldn't be able to retain their post-trim look. So glad I bought new sheers and they were on sale too! :grin: I still have ends that I want to trim off but I'll wait until my hair grows out some more, maybe for the spring or summer. For now I plan to cleanse my hair well but use silicone-based products to protect my hair; personally I feel like silicone definitely helps in my regimen. Remember to trim your hair and replace old scissors, ladies!

Last edited:

SmilingElephant

Just finished combing through my hair and realized the trims I made a while ago made a decent difference – not only because I took off thin ends but also because I used a new scissors! :yep: Honestly if I used my old ones, my ends wouldn't be able to retain their post-trim look. So glad I bought new sheers and they were on sale too! :grin: I still have ends that I want to trim off but I'll wait until my hair grows out some more, maybe for the spring or summer. For now I plan to cleanse my hair well but use silicone-based products to protect my hair; personally I feel like silicone definitely helps in my regimen. Remember to trim your hair and replace old scissors, ladies!

I feel like silicones help my hair too.

Idk what happened but the longer my hair got, the more it hated the curly girl method. It would always be SUPER dry! When I decided to give cones a chance I noticed my hair stays moisturized longer. :yep:

Aireen

I feel like silicones help my hair too.

Idk what happened but the longer my hair got, the more it hated the curly girl method. It would always be SUPER dry! When I decided to give cones a chance I noticed my hair stays moisturized longer. :yep:
Mhmm, I feel like they work better for some people than others just depending on what your hair likes/dislikes. I just have to remember to clarify them and I'm okay. I know I told my aunt I liked to use silicones and she went on and on like all the other advice I gave her became invalid. Different strokes for different folks. :look: