His Hand Got Stuck Trying to Glide Through My Hair...Who Can Relate??

Cincysweetie

Has anyone ever had a guy running his hands through your hair...and his hand got stuck? LMAO :lol: I know I'm not the only one!! This has happened to me on occassion, and happened again the other night. But this time was different because it brought me to another level of love and acceptance of my hair, so I just wanted to share this with my fellow hairlovers. :) First of all, my hair was in a braidout and we all know better than to comb a braidout--which is basically what he was doing, but with his fingers. :ohwell: Second, I had just met dude. His hands should not have been in my hair to begin with...especially since I know he was just trying to track check (but that's another issue). And third, this braidout was a few days old, so NO, his hands weren't gonna just gliiiiiiiiide right through...

For a minute I was a little embarrassed that his hand got caught up in my tresses. But I was thinking about it later and I thought...who cares that it was nappy and wild or that his hand got stuck? Does it really matter that I don't have the type of hair that a man can just run his fingers through at any given time?? My hair has TEXTURE. THICKNESS. Waves, curls, AND naps. But all of that is what makes it so sexy to a man. That's what makes a man WANT to touch it and run his hands all through it. So he might get a little stuck in the process, but all the things that catch his hand as he attempts to glide through--the texture, the thickness, the waves, curls and naps--are the things that make my hair beautiful. :)

XXXtacy

Too funny. :lol: Self acceptance is a powerful thing.

Haven't had a man's hand caught in my hair but dh used to help me oil my scalp. He loved doing it. My hair is only curly when wet so he had a time parting my hair so that I could put the oil in it.

Synthia

Cincysweetie said:
Has anyone ever had a guy running his hands through your hair...and his hand got stuck? LMAO :lol: I know I'm not the only one!! This has happened to me on occassion, and happened again the other night. But this time was different because it brought me to another level of love and acceptance of my hair, so I just wanted to share this with my fellow hairlovers. :) First of all, my hair was in a braidout and we all know better than to comb a braidout--which is basically what he was doing, but with his fingers. :ohwell: Second, I had just met dude. His hands should not have been in my hair to begin with...especially since I know he was just trying to track check (but that's another issue). And third, this braidout was a few days old, so NO, his hands weren't gonna just gliiiiiiiiide right through...

For a minute I was a little embarrassed that his hand got caught up in my tresses. But I was thinking about it later and I thought...who cares that it was nappy and wild or that his hand got stuck? Does it really matter that I don't have the type of hair that a man can just run his fingers through at any given time?? My hair has TEXTURE. THICKNESS. Waves, curls, AND naps. But all of that is what makes it so sexy to a man. That's what makes a man WANT to touch it and run his hands all through it. So he might get a little stuck in the process, but all the things that catch his hand as he attempts to glide through--the texture, the thickness, the waves, curls and naps--are the things that make my hair beautiful. :)

oh my goodness! :lol:

JewelleNY

Girl I had to put an end to that mess. I had a bf who used to run his fingers through my hair all the time, his last gf had been white and I guess he wanted to continue that experience:lol: Well, I realized he was pulling my hair out in the process:eek: No more hands in the hair for me, I guess if I was natural I would re-consider it:look:

Cheleigh

I usually wear my hair in a wash and go. My SO knows to only go for the roots--he can get his hands in there. He knows that if he tries to slide down the hair shaft--he'll quickly be met with resistance.

jaded_faerie

Cheleigh said:
I usually wear my hair in a wash and go. My SO knows to only go for the roots--he can get his hands in there. He knows that if he tries to slide down the hair shaft--he'll quickly be met with resistance.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

thats exactly how i feel

2cute2B4gotten

Yes, I too have been down this road before. It made me laugh just to think about it. Not being able to "glide" through our hair is what makes it beautiful. We are different and have different hair textures and I celebrate that whether I am wearing a braid out or a flat iron.:)

nelli711

Recherché.Beauty said:
L0L My boyfriend was trying to comb my hair yesterday and the comb got stuck and I slapped his hand and we both started laughing

LoL! That happened to me the other day except he was trying to finger comb my hair and got stuck.

caligirl

Cheleigh said:

Oh yeah. Gently tugging at the roots is ok. But fingers "gliding" thru the hair is not going to happen unless its pressed.

MzTami

Hellerrrr
:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: I don't mean to laugh, but that was funny the way you wrote it. At least it was your natural hair and not a weave; so I say it was okay, and not as embarrassing as if his hand got stuck in your weave.(nothing against weaves)

BTW...I don't think this has ever happen to me. My hair has never been so fabulous that a man would want to run his fingers through it. lol

grnidmonster

the only thing funnier than having a man run his fingers thru your hair and getting them stuck...is having it come out in his hands:eek: !

My hair was shedding from stress and it came out in a handfull in his hand. talk about a quick good night:grin: , he wasn't sticking around to see if I was contagious:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: .

Oh well, it grew back and he wasn't worth the effort of trying to explain.

MzTami

Hellerrrr
grnidmonster said:
the only thing funnier than having a man run his fingers thru your hair and getting them stuck...is having it come out in his hands:eek: !

My hair was shedding from stress and it came out in a handfull in his hand. talk about a quick good night:grin: , he wasn't sticking around to see if I was contagious:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: .

Oh well, it grew back and he wasn't worth the effort of trying to explain.
OMG..I'm glad everything was okay and your hair grew back.

*ElleB

MzTami said:
:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: I don't mean to laugh, but that was funny the way you wrote it. At least it was your natural hair and not a weave; so I say it was okay, and not as embarrassing as if his hand got stuck in your weave.(nothing against weaves)

BTW...I don't think this has ever happen to me. My hair has never been so fabulous that a man would want to run his fingers through it. lol

LOL, ain't that the truth!! :lol:

1QTPie

Elder Sim
In the words of Cedric the Entertainer, "I wish a nig would..." try to run their fingers through my hair as if I am some sort of caucasian. :lol: :lol: :lol:

But for real. If anyone tried that mess, I let them because it won't be my fault that they end up with disloacted fingers trying to get through the bush. Shouldn't ''be'' touching me anyway. :lol: :lol:

Isis

Cincysweetie said:
all the things that catch his hand as he attempts to glide through--the texture, the thickness, the waves, curls and naps--are the things that make my hair beautiful. :)
Beautifully said! :clapping:

I agree, his hand had no business in your hair in the first place (since you hardly knew him). On the other hand, if you had jumped out of the way, he probably would have thought your hair was weave. I wonder if "track checking" is commonly done by men as it is by women...

lexi84

Cincysweetie said:

Girl that last paragraph of your post was too true! Almost made me wanna shed a tear. I love how you worded that!:grin:

nelli711

1QTPie said:
In the words of Cedric the Entertainer, "I wish a nig would..." try to run their fingers through my hair as if I am some sort of caucasian. :lol: :lol: :lol:

But for real. If anyone tried that mess, I let them because it won't be my fault that they end up with disloacted fingers trying to get through the bush. Shouldn't ''be'' touching me anyway. :lol: :lol:

That was too funny:lachen:

JazzyDez

LOL @ this thread! LOL @ track check. :lachen:

Ive had guys track check even when I had a weave. I was just glad that it looked natural enough for them to even have to track check! I wouldnt let them get to the roots though :eek:

caligirl

1QTPie said:

My sentiments exactly! Girl, you are sooo funny!

ETA: I think I need to add your quote to my siggy.

Last edited:

Tee

i can relate! loved reading your post. lol

You go girl. We gotta love our black hair!

Candy_C

this happens all the time. i told him i dont comb my hair on a reulation..what was he thinking?! i have not got a white girls head of hair

caribeandiva

Human being
MzTami said:

same here. but i'm working on fixing that "problem". :grin: