His Mother Died...

mensa

Dellarontay Readus, the African American high school graduate who was accepted into every Ivy League school in America and chose to attend Stanford, lost his Mom.

His tearful interview is heartbreaking. He's had to take money for his education for funeral expenses.

I'm going to check to see if there is a go fund me page set up for him.

Let's see if we can help him.

I'll be back this evening.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Dellarontay Readus, the African American high school graduate who was accepted into every Ivy League school in America and chose to attend Stanford, lost his Mom.

His tearful interview is heartbreaking. He's had to take money for his education for funeral expenses.

Thanks for sharing this @mensa. Please keep us posted.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
I always wondered how this exceptional young man was doing... and he's doing quite well, from his LinkedIn profile :yep:

Dellarontay Readus
Data Scientist at Stanford Center for Turbulence
Stanford, California I Computer Software

Current
Microsoft, Stanford High Performance Computing Center (HPCC),
Motivational Speaker

Previous

Memphis Challenge, St. Andrews A.M.E. Community Life Center

Education

Stanford Univeristy

Summary

I am a freshman at Stanford University looking for a variety of different opportunities to improve my skills in Computer Science, my intended major. Most of my knowledge of computer science has been self-taught; however, by the end of my freshman year I will have taken CS106A, CS106B, and CS107 to increase my marketability. In the summer of 2015 I worked with Memphis Challenge as a S.O.L.E. Math Intern where I was assigned to assist in the Memphis Challenge Coding Academy, a program in which teens would use MIT’s Scratch game interface to create their own games. Currently, I have a work study with the Center for Turbulence where I work with a supercomputer node cluster to run different performance diagnostics on files I set up.

Experience
  • Explorer Intern
    Microsoft
    June 2016 – Present (2 months)
    I will be transitioning between program manager, quality control, and development positions on a large project at Microsoft.