~Hits & Misses~August 2011

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
BIG MISS - Enso Naturals Twisting Pudding. My hair was so freaking hard and I used only a little. Arrggghhhh.

HIT - BFH pistachio cream DC
BFH cotton marshmallow cleansing condish
AOHSR
Mango butter - this was sitting in my cupboard for like 3 months, why didn't I use it b4?

Continued Hit - Hempseed oil
Castor oil....great for sealing my ends
KCKT

Last edited:

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
HIT :up:

Qhemet Biologics Moringa Tree Conditioning Ghee for my 8-weeks-post.
When used after my Wen cleanses, my hair detangles like a hot knife on butter.
Hair stays moisturized even after air-drying, but it does that with the Wen anyway. :yep: but I think this adds additional benefits.
I'm relaxed, fine 4b.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
IDareT'sHair Is the Nioxin making your hair grow? I took it years ago, but don't remember if it worked or not... :scratchch

Brownie518 How does Claudie's Balanced Moisturizer compare to some of her other moisturizers? I'm ordering the Isha Cream, Quinua (sp) and Satin moisturizers. Have you tried those?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
january noir QB is having a Sale at the End of the Month.:grin:

tiffers I know you didn't ask me, but the Isha & the Quinoa are very similar in consistency & feel. :yep:

The Satin reminds me alot of Paul Mitchell's Foaming Pomade (if you've ever used/tried that?) It feels just like that.:yep:

Ends Insurance #1 & #2 are also very, very nice.:lick:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
HIT :up:

Qhemet Biologics Moringa Tree Conditioning Ghee for my 8-weeks-post.
When used after my Wen cleanses, my hair detangles like a hot knife on butter.
Hair stays moisturized even after air-drying, but it does that with the Wen anyway. :yep: but I think this adds additional benefits.
I'm relaxed, fine 4b.

Januarynoir and IDareT'sHair - the Moringa sounds excellent. I'm still looking for the dyn-o-mite product for when I'm X weeks post.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Continued hits:

Hemp oil
S-curl
ORS replenishing conditioner
Joico K-pak line
HE color me happy - as a post wash leave-in

New Hits:

Eco styler - the blue one I looove this. To me it's stronger than the clear, even though they both say 10, but it still doesn't make my hair hard. I can slick my edges down with this stuff just using my fingers, without brush nor scarf #WIN

Misses:

Doing conditioning treatments whether for pre-poo or DC without a plastic cap. The conditioner kinda dried on my hair and left build up even though I shampooed. I thought it was gonna be ok since I was going to shampoo anyway...not really. Made my hair feel stiff and coated :nono:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
NEW HIT:grin::

Hairitage Hydration's

Soft & Creamy Hosetail Butter
Blackberry & Sage Moisturizer
Calming Scalp Cream

*One of these has irritated me terribly*:perplexed

Not sure which one tho'? :rolleyes:

I'm thinking it's either the Horsetail Butter OR the Calming Scalp Cream.:rolleyes:

divachyk

Another hit is SSI Okra Reconstructor. I used up all of my Joico Kpak and have inserted the Okra into the weekly rotation. So far, I'm impressed.

Mische

Another hit is SSI Okra Reconstructor. I used up all of my Joico Kpak and have inserted the Okra into the weekly rotation. So far, I'm impressed.
divachyk I'm so glad to read this post. I use Joico right now for my protein, but I really want to add the Okra reconstructor to my next SSI order. How would you compare the two?

divachyk

@Mische - I used Joico for about a month. I only had a sample size Kpak Recon. I've only used Okra once. I re-read my message and realized I wrote it to sound like I've used it multiple times. My bad on that. I had less breakage following the Okra. I felt it did what a protein product is designed to do. I feel that Joico only made my strands appear fuller but did nothing for breakage. I still was seeing the random tiny pieces throughout the week with using Joico. I haven't noticed that with the Okra. If my analysis should change, I will let you know.

Mische

Thanks a lot divachyk. Your review makes me excited because your description of the Joico K-pak has been my experience as well. I can tell a difference in strength on my dry hair after I've used the Joico, but like you mentioned there is still a fair amount of breakage. I've chalked it up to my fine strands just being too weak, but maybe I just need a slightly stronger protein treatment.

gigi2011

Hit: Humectants, my Juices & Berries, castor oil, honey + humidity are leaving my twist super moisturized for days!

divachyk

Hits:
Sally's allowing me to return some used products (yes I told them they are used) that were a :nono: for my hair! :giggle:

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
Hits:
Sally's allowing me to return some used products (yes I told them they are used) that were a :nono: for my hair! :giggle:

divachyk Good for you! :clap:

I do the same thing.
If it's not working, back to the store it goes, especially, beauty products.
I'm not tacky with it, but I learned not to live with products, all types, that don't work for me. I'll take a credit for another product, but I won't keep stuff I don't like.

An_gell

Hits:
Botticelli Botanicals Brulee- very moisturizing and is the consistency of a gel and cream. It works well under other butters as well.

Hairitage Hydration Horsetail butter- very good as a sealer, when I first applied it I was afraid I was going to have greasy hair the next day, but I found that it absorbs into my hair very well.

Salerm Wheat Germ DC- I used this for the first time this past weekend as a DC under my steamer and my hair was soooo soft and fluffy. It still is 4 days later not to mention my ends feel really soft and hydrated. Usually everyday I have to re-wet and re-seal my ends, but I haven't had to do that all week.

Garden Herb Shampoo bar- Leaves my hair super soft and clean at the same time. I have started shampooing once a week and it seems to make my products work a lot better since I started this. Since I have started running 4 days a week I find it necessary to shampoo to get all the salt and excess product out my hair. If I don't I just feel nasty..lol!!

Not a hit or miss: OCT system I'm still testing this out, I have only used it once and I really like it so far. Jury is still out on this one...

Last edited:

Brownie518

@IDareT'sHair Is the Nioxin making your hair grow? I took it years ago, but don't remember if it worked or not... :scratchch

@Brownie518 How does Claudie's Balanced Moisturizer compare to some of her other moisturizers? I'm ordering the Isha Cream, Quinua (sp) and Satin moisturizers. Have you tried those?

tiffers - I haven't tried the Satin one. The Balanced is more of a lotion and I love it!! :yep: I use it on dry hair, especially the length. Its very moisturizing. The Isha is great, also. I use that on wet or dry and it works great on my scalp also.