Hits & Misses December 2014

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
The HIT of my life!!!!!

Jessicurl Deep Conditioning Treatment: this is still in my hair but when I applied it I knew it would be awesome. Soft and slippy on contact, I can't wait until my hair is dry. I will never buy Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk again and I may even kick Darcy's deep mask to the curb. I've been sleeping on a lot of products apparently so Jessicurl is going to get my money next month for sure. I can't wait to try her other conditioners.

I have to revisit this. I might use again it next wash day. It was moisturizing, but not as moisturizing as my current HGs. I will try it again.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
shawnyblazes, how do you use this?

Froreal3 , the first time I used it as a leave in conditioner. The second time, I use it after deep conditioning and let my hair dry in two puffs. The next day, I added more and detangled , twisted my hair up. After taking the twists out, like 2 hours later, my hair was soft, stretched and slightly sheeny. I cornrowed my hair to stretch it further and my hair was pliable/fluffy.

It's very nice.

http://instagram.com/p/xKi2PJKknX/?modal=true (after taking twists out)

http://instagram.com/p/xLcLPzqkvE/?modal=true ( braiding up)

Last edited:

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
Y'all probably heard this in the other threads, but really big potential Hit: Blended Cutie Tug Me Not Conditioner. I tried moisturizing with some of my other products, but my hair would always end up being crunchy when dried. So I tried leaving on TMN and baggying and my hair is still soft and moisturized, even after taking the shower cap off and just wearing the bonnet. I didn't have to seal or anything. I hope they never close or change the formula because this is hitting on straight Holy Grail status. Hallelujah thank you Jesus I'm not crunchy anymore lol.

NaturallyATLPCH

Hit: Realizing the best DCs that have worked for me have aloe Vera juice or extract in them.

This will be so easy to have staple DCs.

Miss: Shea Moisture's Deep Treatment Masks listing the same things in the first 10 ingredients of all their DCs and then listing the "name of the mask's ingredients" at the bottom of the list. :rolleyes:. The only minor exception to this would be the Purification Mask.

I think I'm done with Shea Moisture though. I've outgrown them lol...

oneastrocurlie

Hit: Realizing the best DCs that have worked for me have aloe Vera juice or extract in them.

This will be so easy to have staple DCs.

Miss: Shea Moisture's Deep Treatment Masks listing the same things in the first 10 ingredients of all their DCs and then listing the "name of the mask's ingredients" at the bottom of the list. :rolleyes:. The only minor exception to this would be the Purification Mask.

I think I'm done with Shea Moisture though. I've outgrown them lol...

They switch the order of coconut oil sometimes :lol:

I feel it though. Outside of the purification masque, I'm sticking to the super fruit and manuka honey. Didn't like the Raw Shea one. Never tried the rest.

veesweets

Hit: APB ayurvedic oil for oil rinsing

I haven't opened the hibiscus fenugreek oil yet but the ayurvedic is really nice.

Holla

BIG HIT!!!!! HIT!!!!!!!

Qhemet Biologics Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee.

Oh Em Gee! This stuff is really good. If you get nothing else before the end of 2014...it should be this right here. I washed my hair today thinking I'd try it out and immediately rinse. Once I started rubbing it in my hair, I could not believe the slip! I mean even rubbing it between your fingers, you feel that it has a rather silky feel. It feels so good on my hair.

I also love that it is not mislabeled unlike other stuff out there. It is labeled as a detangler. Not as a conditioner. Not as a deep conditioner. Simply "detangler" - it has the word "condition" but not "conditioner" on the label. It is not advertised as something it is not (unlike hairveda orange overload strinlala deep conditioner and mission:condition too-many-to-name conditioner failures). It does what it says it will do and that's it.

I like the scent. It is a nice scent that makes me think the smell comes mostly from a mixure of ingredients and not just by adding some bubblegum or garden variety oil to overwhelm my nose.

Plus, it is worth the money. These days, folks are selling air hoping that the user won't notice. Heavily whipped conditioners incorporate a lot of air so that there won't be as much product in the jar. I think that practice is deceitful. My hair needs product - not air - to be properly conditioned. The Ghee is thick and my jar was full with product.

I really like it. I can't wait to try her other stuff.
Thanks to bajandoc86 for putting me on to this product! :yep: