Hits & Misses: December 2016

Smiley79

@Smiley79, Komaza protein strengthener is HG status for me! I will never have less than 5 bottles at all times. Also I too retain moisture better with LCO and adding a butter takes it to a whole other level so I LCOB now.

what are your product combinations?

Mine are (L) Naturally Smitten spray, (C) Camille Rose Almond Jai Twisting butter and (O)Mane Choice Growth Oil.

Daina

@Daina @Smiley79 i love the Komaza protein. I don't think I could have 5 at one time though I would love to have that many. It's going to take me almost 6 months to get through one :look:

@Saludable84, you all here at LHCF have taught me to HOARD!!!!! I never thought about product reformulations or discontinuations till I came here so if Komaza decides tomorrow to no longer carry the protein or to change the formula then I would have at least a year's worth of product. 1 bottle of the protein strengthener last me about 2 months since I only use it every 2 weeks. Feel the same way about the Pona scalp treatment as well!

Daina

what are your product combinations?

Mine are (L) Naturally Smitten spray, (C) Camille Rose Almond Jai Twisting butter and (O)Mane Choice Growth Oil.

@Smiley79, two of my favorite combinations are : (L) Water mixed with SM JBCO leave-in, (C) QB BRBC, (O) QB Honey Hair balm, (B) CR Almond Jai or Curlaide moisture butter, the other is (L) CR moisture milk or Neutrogena TM, (C) QB BRBC, (O) Komaza strengthening serum, (B) CR Almond Jai or the CMB. Typically I only vary the liquid or the oil - QB's has pretty much replaced everything else in my regimen for the cream portion and I've actually been using the HHB more than the Komaza. I really like the Komaza more when my hair is straight. Summer time I try to use lighter products and pretty much use a lot of Camille Rose.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
@Saludable84, you all here at LHCF have taught me to HOARD!!!!! I never thought about product reformulations or discontinuations till I came here so if Komaza decides tomorrow to no longer carry the protein or to change the formula then I would have at least a year's worth of product. 1 bottle of the protein strengthener last me about 2 months since I only use it every 2 weeks. Feel the same way about the Pona scalp treatment as well!

Your right. Ill buy some more next week :look:

I haven't really known her to reformulate often, but ill go add some Pona and Protein to my cart.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Mega hit: Hercules Sagemann Magic Star rake comb:

Yes, I know. I'm like 10 yrs late :lol:

Y'all. People tried to tell me. But I was like, 20 bucks for a comb? Not just a comb. This thing glided through my hair like glass. Ya'll. Wow.

I now have to replace all my combs with a seamless version :yep:

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I just may check it out. I was looking at the ingredients, but I saw shea so I was skeptical.

You shouldn't have, I know its in the description,

A moisturizing hair and body cream packed with slippery elm, nourishing oils, shea and coconut oil free. Made with avocado oil, rice bran oil, emu oil, safflower oil and sunflower oil. Infused with DL Panthenol; when applied to the hair or body panthenol will help to moisturize it, give it a shine and gloss

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
You shouldn't have, I know its in the description,

A moisturizing hair and body cream packed with slippery elm, nourishing oils, shea and coconut oil free. Made with avocado oil, rice bran oil, emu oil, safflower oil and sunflower oil. Infused with DL Panthenol; when applied to the hair or body panthenol will help to moisturize it, give it a shine and gloss

I thought it had shea and was coconut free. Thanks. I'll order one next week.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
HITS (in no particular order):
Cathy Howse UBH
Claudies 3n1 Cleansing Conditioner
Darcy Botanicals Deep Conditioning Hair Mask
Cream & Coco's Cranberry Cookie Oil
Sarenzo's Ho.me Fra.grance Oil Tarts
Camille Rose Naturals Moroccan Pear Conditioning Custard
Camille Rose Cranberry Hair Milk *Tis Da' Season*
She Scent It Sugar Peach
ED JBCO
Darcy Botanicals Eucalyptus & Mint Scalp Butter
Purabody Naturals Mango & Tea Scalp Butter *discontinued*

MISS:
Poor Customer Service
Misplacing Brand New Slap Cap and still can't find it

HIT & MISS:
Komaza Scalp Butter (Hit because it works) (Miss because it's like the 5th or 6th Reformulation AND.....it keeps going from 8oz to 4oz to 8oz back to 4oz)

Last edited:

EnExitStageLeft

MEGA HIT:

Design Essentials Almond and Avocado Moisturizing Detangling Shampoo:

This product has one of the longest names I've ever seen, but this stuff here is LIFE IN A BOTTLE! I got this from CVS on clearance for like 3 bucks. The ingredients looked good and its claims of cutting detangling time down by 30 minutes had me like :yep:. Now my hair isn't super tangly, but I'm lazy so cutting time is always a plus.
Ladies, as soon as it touched my hair it was like butter silk drizzling down my strands causing knots to run in fear and unicorn fairies to cry tears of soapy goodness all over my scalp :drool:. My hair wasn't the slightest bit stripped, my scalp was super clean and my curls were poppin' all over the place. Needless to say I will be hitting up CVS again tomorrow to politely collect the other 2 bottles on the shelf :yep:.

Daina

MEGA HIT:

Design Essentials Almond and Avocado Moisturizing Detangling Shampoo:

This product has one of the longest names I've ever seen, but this stuff here is LIFE IN A BOTTLE! I got this from CVS on clearance for like 3 bucks. The ingredients looked good and its claims of cutting detangling time down by 30 minutes had me like :yep:. Now my hair isn't super tangly, but I'm lazy so cutting time is always a plus.
Ladies, as soon as it touched my hair it was like butter silk drizzling down my strands causing knots to run in fear and unicorn fairies to cry tears of soapy goodness all over my scalp :drool:. My hair wasn't the slightest bit stripped, my scalp was super clean and my curls were poppin' all over the place. Needless to say I will be hitting up CVS again tomorrow to politely collect the other 2 bottles on the shelf :yep:.

@EnExitStageLeft, can you post a pic of the bottle please? I'd like to see if my CVS carries it. My hair loves almond and avocado.

naturalyogini

Miss:
Inahsi Cleansing conditioner
Not enough slip for my hair. I had to use a lot of it and my hair felt weird after rinsing it out. Not bad, not dry or hard, just weird. The instructions say that you can use the leave-in after rinsing out. I had to use the mint conditioner to soften my hair before using the leave-in.

Neither hit nor miss:
Inahsi curling cream
This is a thick white cream. Mine had beads of shea butter (I assume) in it. I just think it needs better whipping. This works better for me as a twisting cream on damp almost dry hair. On wet hair, I don't get moisture retention. Sealing with a butter makes my hair hard. This product is not slippy enough. My hair does dry soft IF applied on almost dry hair.

Miss:
Inahsi whipped butter.
Ok so I have gotten this product 3 times and each time it looked different. This last jar is definitely a butter and not a butter cream like previous jars. My hair does not like this version. But it can double as a body butter and I will use it that way.

Hit:
Inahsi Clarifying shampoo.
This cleans without stripping and my hair felt soft after using it. As far as shampoos go this is a keeper.

All in all my favorite products from this line are the leave-in, the Mint conditioner and the mint moisturizing shampoo. I also have the deep conditioner and my hair isn't crazy about it. I don't get any softness after rinsing it out. I think when I get some Jakeala honey mask, I will mix it with the dc OR I just may mix it with honey in a bowl to see if I can up the moisture factor.