Hits & Misses January 2015

NaturallyATLPCH

Froreal3, that's great to know about the Broccoli and Avocado Smoothing Conditioner! I kept putting it in and out of my cart but finally purchased it during this sale.

kupenda, I've tried the Too Shea and Cleansing Cream. Both of them are nice but the Deep Treatment is my boo. I love it. No matter what I use, I always come back to it. I have a few bottles in my stash. Makes a great leave in and moisturizer too, and styler.

ronie

New Hits APB Ayurvedic Mud Mask: Used this as a prepoo and to detangle with along with her Alfalfa/Broccoli oil. I first spritzed w/water and smoothed this onto my hair. It applies like a dream and the Cranberry Peach Vanilla scent is so good. My product was so filled it was packed into the top of the container. It isn't super slippery, but I was still able to finger detangle with this and the oil. This stuff packs a good moisture punch! I could feel the moisture upon rinsing. My hair was so soft that I didn't want to shampoo. I think I could have used it to dc. APB Broccoli Smoothing Conditioner: I used this to DC after my Komaza Protein Treatment. The softness that I got from this wonderful! My hair was light and bouncy. The consistency of this is very smooth and creamy going on. It is easy to distribute. I love the light, fresh scent. APB Coconut Lime Verbena Butta: The consistency this time is very creamy and can flow out of the container if allowed to sit on its side. Reminds me of the HH Carrot Cake Frosting (pours some likka). Mmmm, the Coconut Lime Verbena is one of my fav scents. It's so light and fresh. I rubbed some in my hands, it immediately melted and went onto my hair so easily unlike the harder/denser butters. Continued Hit: Bekura Fatty Coconut Cleansing Froth: This shampoo is simply divine. It is so gentle, lathers like a dream (lots of lovely moisturizing lather), and smells so good like coconut cream or something. :drool:
Froreal3
That mask makes an excellent prepoo. Although it is very moisturizing, it makes my strands pretty strong too. My shedding has decreased tremendously with it. I never tried it as a DC though. Let me know your thought if/when you do.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
^^ronie I got it based on your recommendation. I know we have similar hair properties. I wasn't expecting it to be that moisturizing. My hair felt really balanced also, as you said. I'll let you know when I try it as a dc. I'm definitely going to be alternating this and BRB Chai Tea :lovedrool: as prepoos.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Holla

I keep all my Natural/Handmades in the Fridge (out of habit).

Especially the ones I have absolutely no idea what their "Shelf-Life" is.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Miss:

low manipulation: my hair NEEDS to be detangled frequently otherwise it dreads up when washed. I know many people swear by this technique but it leads to horribly tangled hair for me. I feel like I lost a lot of progress :( I had so many mini dreadlocks that I was impatient and ripped out.

Gel: they either don't define my curls, make my hair look flat or dry crunchy as a motha!

gorgeoushair

Con't miss:

Mission:condition Dream curl
Mission:condition coco quench cream

In less than one month, both products separated and turned rancid. I couldn't believe it. So not only do they not work, but I can't use them with something else bc they are both spoiled.

I am soooo glad I didn't buy anything from her sale cause ANGTFAD!

Last edited:

Beamodel

- New Hit -
Mad City Soap - Deep Hair Conditioner Dulce de Leche. This conditioner left my hair incredibly soft I was truly amazed. And it smells like sweet caramel too. Yummy....

- Revisited Hit -
Hairitage Hydration Carrot Cake Frosting. Good lawd I was missing this stuff. Too made she don't make it anymore

- Continued Hit-
APB leave in spray
APB leave in pudding
APB Ayurvedic cream

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
Revisited hit: Aphogee 2 step protein treatment. Don't know why I stopped using this. I missed it, my hair missed it. Definitely being added back to the regimen every 4 weeks.

veesweets

MISS:

Kenra moisturizing shampoo :nono: Its been a long time since a shampoo has actually tangled my hair. This stuff gets a big fat no. I couldn't find redken cleansing cream at ULTA so I got this instead. I should have been patient and tried another day.

So glad I ordered some silk dreams go moist last night. Need to stick to tried and true shampoos for a little while.

NaturallyATLPCH

Hit: As I Am Cleansing Pudding
I really like this stuff! It cleanses and makes my hair soft. Great to use in between mud cleansing. Definite staple.

SheScentIt Okra
This stuff never fails and I'm out. I'm definitely repurchasing!

meka72

Hit: As I Am Cleansing Pudding I really like this stuff! It cleanses and makes my hair soft. Great to use in between mud cleansing. Definite staple. SheScentIt Okra This stuff never fails and I'm out. I'm definitely repurchasing!

Hmmm, I have both of these. They might become my cleanser and protein for next month. Thanks for posting!

NaturallyATLPCH

Hmmm, I have both of these. They might become my cleanser and protein for next month. Thanks for posting!

Oh yes I don't know what took me so long to try the pudding. Nice foaming lather. I could detangle with it if I wanted to. And I washed twice.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Continued Hits:

Texture Me Natural Condition Me Softly, great prepoo and conditioner. I dont see it on her website right now though, still have one bottle left

EO Products Protective Conditioner, Rose & Chamomile, awesome prepoo, lovely slip and nourishing ingredients, one bottle left, will reup soon from vitacost

Miss: Starting my hair late as usual

HopefulOne

New Hits APB Ayurvedic Mud Mask: Used this as a prepoo and to detangle with along with her Alfalfa/Broccoli oil. I first spritzed w/water and smoothed this onto my hair. It applies like a dream and the Cranberry Peach Vanilla scent is so good. My product was so filled it was packed into the top of the container. It isn't super slippery, but I was still able to finger detangle with this and the oil. This stuff packs a good moisture punch! I could feel the moisture upon rinsing. My hair was so soft that I didn't want to shampoo. I think I could have used it to dc. APB Broccoli Smoothing Conditioner: I used this to DC after my Komaza Protein Treatment. The softness that I got from this wonderful! My hair was light and bouncy. The consistency of this is very smooth and creamy going on. It is easy to distribute. I love the light, fresh scent. APB Coconut Lime Verbena Butta: The consistency this time is very creamy and can flow out of the container if allowed to sit on its side. Reminds me of the HH Carrot Cake Frosting (pours some likka). Mmmm, the Coconut Lime Verbena is one of my fav scents. It's so light and fresh. I rubbed some in my hands, it immediately melted and went onto my hair so easily unlike the harder/denser butters. Continued Hit: Bekura Fatty Coconut Cleansing Froth: This shampoo is simply divine. It is so gentle, lathers like a dream (lots of lovely moisturizing lather), and smells so good like coconut cream or something. :drool:

What does APB stand for ?

LuvlyRain3

New hit:
Pssst dry shampoo- the first I've ever used but it gave me great results

Continued hit:
Alikay Naturals honey and safe dc- slip, moisture and okay smell

Revisited hit:
Hairveda Amala cream rinse- I seriously forgot how good this stuff was. My hair feels so clean after using this but still soft

oneastrocurlie

Miss:
J. Monique Detangle Me Lemon - First use as a detangler was a miss because it's too thick. Not impressed with it as a leave in. Idk if I'm even going to bother finishing it up.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Continued Hits:
My Honey Child's Buttery Soy Hair Crème
Komaza's Scalp Butter
Claudie's Iman Butter
Pure Pumpkin Seed Oil

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Continued Hit / New Hit:

Been using Sally's GVP Nexxus Humectress and love it. Decided to invest in the actual brand Nexxus Humectress and love it even more. Both are definitely a hit --- they moisturize and soften the various textures I have going on right now - 25+ weeks of new growth, texlaxed mid-length and relaxed ends. It provides a good amount of slip for detangling as well. Win all around.

overtherainbow

Total Miss:
Paul Mitchell Instant Moisture Daily Treatment can go kick rocks. Wanted to try something new and found this hidden under the sink in product limbo. Now I know why! It was very thick with nice slip at first but five minutes later, my hair was like brillo pad. Not protein overloaded, just straight brillo pad. Luckily SMCES came to the rescue and now my hair is back to being soft and moisturized. Now I remember why I gave up on PM. This is now designated to soak my wool sweaters.

Holla

Yup! Con't hit!

MHC is growing on me. I used it again to seal my edges after using hair dew, brushed my edges back and tied my hair down for a few minutes. My edges are still slick and smooth hours later. I do not need gel anymore for my ponytails/buns bc this works so well for me. Yet, there is no stiffness at all....unlike using any amounts of gel. I didn't buy it for that purpose but I'm glad it works well that way. :yep:

Continued Hits:
My Honey Child's Buttery Soy Hair Crème
Komaza's Scalp Butter
Claudie's Iman Butter
Pure Pumpkin Seed Oil