Hits & Misses January 2015

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Previous Misses turned Hits:
Oyin Hair Dew (daily moisturizer when wearing hair loose)
Oyin Juices & Berries (refresher for plaits while wearing wigs)

I've used both products in the past with inconsistent results. I'm loving the performance consistency and awesome moisture it's delivering to my hair this time around. I don't know what changed with my hair but I'm not mad about it...these two are working nicely.

oneastrocurlie

I've used both products in the past with inconsistent results. I'm loving the performance consistency and awesome moisture it's delivering to my hair this time around. I don't know what changed with my hair but I'm not mad about it...these two are working nicely.

I love these two too.

lovelycurls

Hits
* Apogee 2 step protein treatment mixed with Palmers protein pack......newest hard protein treatment, less breakage, hair wasn't too hard, just perfect!
* Texture me natural amla and avocado leave in conditioner - super moisturizing (hg status)

Desert Skye

Hit: raw coconut butter for my hair. My hair used to hate coconut oil but it thinks this coconut butter is the business. So now I eat it and put it on my ends

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
Hit: Steaming with the LCLBeauty steamer.

I'm super late to the steaming bandwagon, but after just one treatment I can already see a difference in my hair. Money well spent.

Kindheart

Hits : SSI Banana Brûlée DC .
Revised : Afroveda Power soufflé .
Miss : Phytospecific Deep Reconstructing shampoo . drrrry hair ,no slip,no foam . Plain terrible.

Last edited:

kupenda

I came in here to say the SAME THING! Juices & Berries has my twists feeling amazing under my half wig! Soft, moisturized, and happy. Sealed with QB Aethiopika butter?? YOOOOO! *does the schmoney dance across the bathroom*

NaturallyATLPCH

Miss: Mission Condition Arabian Nights Leave In

I really thought this was good because I bragged about it before. But as a leave in it's now just meh, and as a moisturizer it's just meh.

I don't know why I keep cheating on my Hair Dew. I'm going to stop playing and make it my sole dry hair moisturizer like I used to. :lol:

nymane

Miss: Dominican Magic Nourishing Moisture Lock Leave On Conditioner - although this leave-in didn't make my hair feel hard, it had no slip, and it definitely didn't provide any moisture.

I only tried it once but I have no intention of giving it second chance...not when I have the real dominican magic: Lacio lacio :love: :lick:

McQuay30

Possible Hit: Terra Veda Pumpkin and Marshmallows Leave In, so far soften and detangle dry dry dry hair from a old twist out. Creamy also runny but right there in the edge, applies nicely and disappear into the hair, smell is fine.

Sent from my SM-G900V using LHCF

oneastrocurlie

Hit:
SSI Coconut Quench Moisturizer. I got a sample in my BF order and I like it. Won't be buying a full size anytime soon however. It's $16 (!!!) and not better than my staple, Oyin Hair Dew.

oneastrocurlie

Hits:
- Magic Rake Comb - I didn't notice less shed hair overall while detangling but I did notice a much less amount of small broken hairs, which I figured was due to all the manipulation I do to pre-wash detangle and I only did it once I week so I shrugged it off.
- APB Ayurvedic Hair Mask - I liked it better this time around

Continued hits:
-Komaza Protein Strengthener - I've been taking a shortcut and mixing it with a protein free conditioner and it still performs just as well
-Elucence Clarifying Shampoo - still performs very well

oneastrocurlie

More hits:
-Kandy Kurls Shea Butter Souffle - I used it as a moisturizer. Nice and light and has good ingredients
- Lottabody Edge Control Gel - I used this like a regular gel when doing my marley twists. Did a good job of giving a hold and eliminating frizz.

spacetygrss

Hit:

Avocado oil. It seems lighter on my hair than JBCO, but heavier than jojoba or EVOO. I used it for an oil rinse and my hair was happy, happy, happy.

SweetlyCurly

Hit: Jakeala'so shea Amla parfait. Can't stop using this. Smells soooo good (pumpkin spice). I use it to seal and to refresh. Makes hair feel soft and smell great. Have two more coming in almond cookie and banana pudding.

Hit: Shea Moisture JBCO shampoo. This may be the best one I've used. Hair was so incredibly soft (mind you it was a tangle mess before I started washing). It also seemed like hair was more defined and felt great on my scalp.

MzRhonda

Hit: this thread http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=431336 started by westNDNbeauty

MOISTURE!!!

I'm not talking about putting product on the hair after its washed and conditioned, but moisture that you get from deep conditioning

I have done her process for my last 3 washes now and will not wash my hair any other way (unless I am in a hurry or something) when I am wanting to wear my hair straight, which for me is most of the time.

I put a conditioner in my dry hair and put on a plastic cap.....do things around the house and it stays in for about 3-4 hours.......wash it out then use my Wen. Spray my Jane Carter Revitalizing Leave-In Conditioner in then blow dry, then flat iron....nothing else goes on my hair.....my hair feels fabulous all week, my next wash day is usually Sunday.