Hits & Misses January 2015

natstar

Hit- shea moisture restorative conditioner. Really nice multi purpose product. Good slip. Definitely will stock up.

natura87

Hits

Turning my Soultanicals Hair Yum that was as hard as a rock into a smooth whipped hair and body butter. I addes a bunch of Sunflower Oil and the remainder of my Shea Moisture Elixer (brown bottle, turned on my blender and let er rip. Ive finally found a use for it and I love it.

Soultanicals Knot Sauce Amazing! ! I have used only a 1/4 of the jar and I havr another one coming.

Brown Butter Beauty Monoi Tahiti hair and body butter Amazing

natura87

Hit

Alikay Naturals Shea Yogurt, Moisture Rich Hair Parfait and Lemongrass Leave In.

Miss

Alikay Naturals Creme Brulee. Left my hair looking dry and crispy.

Soultanicals shipping. No explanation is needed. :nono:

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
Hit: Hitting up a bunch of sales.
Miss: I think I got a bit carried away, I'm gonna be one broke Sista lol.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Hit: 99% length of my hair

Miss: The partially bald spot in the front where I BC'd myself, LOL. It's kinda cute though because the curls in that spot are like slinkys. It's not cute though in this bun. That spot looks totally off, LOL

NaturallyATLPCH

Miss: JAkeala's Coconut Juice, it smells lovely but I can't get it to work for me.

Miss: Soultanicals Holiday Bundle that I purchased that hasn't shipped yet and the holidays are over :lol:

Last edited:

Anaisin

Hit: Tresemme Naturals conditioner

Shocked I'm saying this, I hated the new formula at first and it did nothing for my hair. Now it's performing almost as good as the original.

spacetygrss

HIT:
Jakeala Amla Shea Hemp Castor Parfait. The stuff is so good that I ordered two more this morning and I just got the first jar in the mail yesterday! :lol:
APB Honey Almond Leave-In Conditioner. It leaves a light coating of oil that my hair seems to love.

LOL @ comments about Soultanicals. Yeah. Her shipping makes no kind of sense. I'll use up the two products that I bought over Black Friday (that took an entire month to ship) and then never again. :nono:

Anaisin

Hit:
HQS 5 day moisture

Been using it on m body and just started using it on my hair and I love it

natura87

HIT:
Jakeala Amla Shea Hemp Castor Parfait. The stuff is so good that I ordered two more this morning and I just got the first jar in the mail yesterday! :lol:
APB Honey Almond Leave-In Conditioner. It leaves a light coating of oil that my hair seems to love.

LOL @ comments about Soultanicals. Yeah. Her shipping makes no kind of sense. I'll use up the two products that I bought over Black Friday (that took an entire month to ship) and then never again. :nono:

I'm still waiting on the Black Friday purchase. :nono:

kupenda

HIT
-taking down these braids that hve been pinned up under my walf wig to reveal soft blinging hair. My hair is LOVING being tucked away from this winter weather.

MISS
-beauty supply store in bowie selling Jessicurl for $3 more ($20) when my local Giant grocery store has it for $3 less than Jessicurls website ($13 or $14)

spacetygrss

Miss:
Jakeala Tutti Honey Rhassoul Hair Mask.

The texture is weird and it's messy as heck! It may be a good deep conditioner (my hair did feel soft after rinsing it our). HOWEVER, the messiness factor is too much for me. I had a sticky, red mess to clean up. I have other DCs that work perfectly fine without the mess, so this won't be a repurchase unless my hair feels and looks exceptional after it's dry. I'll use the rest of the jar as a cowash so that I don't have to worry about dripping red, sticky stuff on the bathroom floor.

NaturallyATLPCH

HIT
-taking down these braids that hve been pinned up under my walf wig to reveal soft blinging hair. My hair is LOVING being tucked away from this winter weather.

MISS
-beauty supply store in bowie selling Jessicurl for $3 more ($20) when my local Giant grocery store has it for $3 less than Jessicurls website ($13 or $14)

kupenda, the only time I buy Jessicurl now is when Curl Mart has a sale. Like, if it's 20% off or %25 off, that plus the cm15 off make it like $12 or $13 a bottle and flat rate $5.00 shipping makes it a win all the way around. I don't even go on the JC site anymore.

NaturallyATLPCH

Huge Hit: APB Moisturizing conditioner

I used this as a moisturizer on dry hair to help soften and Detangle my hair when I took my marley twists out and it made it so soft, shiny, and my magic start rake glided right through my hair.

Then I baggyed with it and my puff is very soft still. I plan on washing it tomorrow but this softness and moisture is unbelievable.

oneastrocurlie

Miss:
Jakeala Tutti Honey Rhassoul Hair Mask.

The texture is weird and it's messy as heck! It may be a good deep conditioner (my hair did feel soft after rinsing it our). HOWEVER, the messiness factor is too much for me. I had a sticky, red mess to clean up. I have other DCs that work perfectly fine without the mess, so this won't be a repurchase unless my hair feels and looks exceptional after it's dry. I'll use the rest of the jar as a cowash so that I don't have to worry about dripping red, sticky stuff on the bathroom floor.

I mixed it with other creamy deep conditioners. I actually think it makes them better.

Pennefeather

Hit - Another hit for Naturelle Growth! I tried her Mango and coconut water conditioner and was very pleased. It moisturized and detangled my hair. :drunk: This is just as good as her other deep conditioners, and the only one that I had not tried yet. I need something that detangles, as well as conditions. The slip is absolutely incredible. I love all her conditioners.:yep:

nmartin20

Hit - Another hit for Naturelle Growth! I tried her Mango and coconut water conditioner and was very pleased. It moisturized and detangled my hair. :drunk: This is just as good as her other deep conditioners, and the only one that I had not tried yet. I need something that detangles, as well as conditions. The slip is absolutely incredible. I love all her conditioners.:yep:

I agree her conditioners are awesome!

kupenda

the only time I buy Jessicurl now is when Curl Mart has a sale. Like, if it's 20% off or %25 off, that plus the cm15 off make it like $12 or $13 a bottle and flat rate $5.00 shipping makes it a win all the way around. I don't even go on the JC site anymore

What do you like from them? I was going to get the Deep Treatment and Too Shea. NaturallyATLPCH

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
New Hits

APB Ayurvedic Mud Mask: Used this as a prepoo and to detangle with along with her Alfalfa/Broccoli oil. I first spritzed w/water and smoothed this onto my hair. It applies like a dream and the Cranberry Peach Vanilla scent is so good. My product was so filled it was packed into the top of the container. It isn't super slippery, but I was still able to finger detangle with this and the oil. This stuff packs a good moisture punch! I could feel the moisture upon rinsing. My hair was so soft that I didn't want to shampoo. I think I could have used it to dc.

APB Broccoli Smoothing Conditioner: I used this to DC after my Komaza Protein Treatment. The softness that I got from this wonderful! My hair was light and bouncy. The consistency of this is very smooth and creamy going on. It is easy to distribute. I love the light, fresh scent.

APB Coconut Lime Verbena Butta: The consistency this time is very creamy and can flow out of the container if allowed to sit on its side. Reminds me of the HH Carrot Cake Frosting (pours some likka). Mmmm, the Coconut Lime Verbena is one of my fav scents. It's so light and fresh. I rubbed some in my hands, it immediately melted and went onto my hair so easily unlike the harder/denser butters.

Continued Hit:
Bekura Fatty Coconut Cleansing Froth: This shampoo is simply divine. It is so gentle, lathers like a dream (lots of lovely moisturizing lather), and smells so good like coconut cream or something. :drool:

Holla

Con't miss:

Mission:condition Dream curl
Mission:condition coco quench cream

In less than one month, both products separated and turned rancid. I couldn't believe it. So not only do they not work, but I can't use them with something else bc they are both spoiled.