Hits & Misses January 2015

Babygrowth

Hit: Redken anti snap leave in- was seeing some short broken pieces usedbthis and sealed with my Jakeala parfait and voila no more broken pieces. Also has great slip.
Pureology hydrate shampoo: my #2 favorite shampoo. Soft but clean hair with a light herbally scent. Staple! Creme of nature straight from eden is #1

Continued hits:
SD Mocha Silk- love this as a balancing DC
KCKT
Jakeala nappy butter and parfait
APB hibiscus oil and ayurvedic oil (what can I say, she is a fickle ***** and likes it now)
GSO for oil rinses
HV ACR
Darcy's deep conditioning mask- I leave this in overnight almost every time I use it and I have soft hair for days

KinkyRN

Hit: cantu shine custard made my daughters twist soft and shiny
Miss: since she's not wearing braids its a lot of work caring for 2 natural heads of hair (skipped my wash day)

Sent from my iPhone 6 using LHCF

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Miss: Long aide activator gel

my hair felt great, but it looked "ashy"

Platinum

Hits:

Aloe Vera Gel from the leaf used for retwisting my Locs.:yep:

Being able to retwist my Locs without having to pay someone to do it.:yep:

Rozlewis

Hit:
Blow drying my roots only with cold air during my 18 week stretch. Winning.
Lilla Rose Flexis for keeping my hair up.

scarcity21

MAJOR HIT Jakeala Tutti Honey DC I have tried this DC three times mixed in three different DC's. This stuff has tremendously increased the softeness and I have been able to have lasting moisture for days. It's getting to the point where I don't want to wash my hair because it's so soft & moisturized although it's been days and days since I've washed my hair. So far I have mixed it in the following DC's: APB Blueberry DC JessiCurl DT Silk Dreams Shea What Deux These DC's are great on their own but adding two teaspoons of Jakeala's Tutti Honey DC to them as increased my moisture retention 100 fold. Please don't sleep on this DC
Beamodel, where can I buy this from?

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Hit

Noir Janet Collection Afro Marley Twist hair. Its way softer than the Marley Hair and it has a wave curl to it. Very nice

Miss

Theres no vinegar in the house and my scalp is itchy. Ill have to get some tomorrow immediately.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
Januarynoir was your sweet buttah thin like say Eco styler curl and style cocktail or thicker like a buttercream?

NaturalBritt87
I don't know what the Eco styler curl and style cocktail feels or looks like but the Sweet Buttah is of a thinner consistency; it's more like a very creamy lotion. It is very moisturizing and definitely elongates the hair as it says it does.

NaturalBritt87

NaturalBritt87
I don't know what the Eco styler curl and style cocktail feels or looks like but the Sweet Buttah is of a thinner consistency; it's more like a very creamy lotion. It is very moisturizing and definitely elongates the hair as it says it does.

The Eco is cocktail is very much the same consistency. It was a popular product which is why I mentioned it :lol: I don't own it though. I asked because I saw older videos where it was much more like a custard or buttercream, just thicker. It made me wonder if she reformulated the sweet buttah or if this batch was just loose. The jury is still out with it for me. It smells great, but to me my hair didn't really feel moisturized and it looked dull. It did somewhat elongate my hair, but nothing super impressive. I tried it by itself and got these results. I hope I ultimately end up liking it because I bought it during her BOGO sale.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
The Eco is cocktail is very much the same consistency. It was a popular product which is why I mentioned it :lol: I don't own it though. I asked because I saw older videos where it was much more like a custard or buttercream, just thicker. It made me wonder if she reformulated the sweet buttah or if this batch was just loose. The jury is still out with it for me. It smells great, but to me my hair didn't really feel moisturized and it looked dull. It did somewhat elongate my hair, but nothing super impressive. I tried it by itself and got these results. I hope I ultimately end up liking it because I bought it during her BOGO sale.

I see. NaturalBritt87
Our hair is probably different which could be why we have different results.

I have very fine, naturally thin hair and most products will produce a desired affect; I rarely have a dryness or absorption problem and my hair is easy to moisturize. I'll have to check out the Eco cocktail to compare. I had never heard of it before!

NaturalBritt87

I see. NaturalBritt87
Our hair is probably different which could be why we have different results.

I have very fine, naturally thin hair and most products will produce a desired affect; I rarely have a dryness or absorption problem and my hair is easy to moisturize. I'll have to check out the Eco cocktail to compare. I had never heard of it before!

You are right different strokes for different folks. Our hair is the very much the opposite although my hair easily accepts moisture. My hair is very thick and dense. Lots of strands on my head. Most products I try tend to work for me provided I stay away from my no-no list. I haven't seen many raves about the Eco cocktail even though there are lots of videos on it, so I'd check out YT or skip it all together. Some people liked it, some hated it. I only mentioned it for consistency's sake since I just watched a video about it the other day and it was the first thing that came to mind. I may list the unopened jar in the for product sale section if this opened jar doesn't pan out.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
NaturalBritt87
I just looked up the Eco Cocktail and see they sell it at Sally.
From what I read, it's just another version of their Eco Styler. I'll check it out though, as I'm always interested in finding good products for my Natural hair-life. :yep:

bluevalentine

Hits: SSS Straight plates :look: (despite all the controversy, this is an awesome stretching tool, i have 4a/b hair and this was like a blow out minus the extremely dry feeling i get with a blowdryer), joico k pak shampoo (sulfates and all lol), carol's daughter lisa's elixir conditioner (like BUTTAH!), karen's body beautiful super hydrating cream (great moisturizer)

Misses: shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie - pains me to say that my beloved moisturizer of choice causes way too much build up in my fine, low porosity hair which leads to so much breakage and tangling. i can't deal anymore :sad:

another miss: shea moisture superfruit complex shampoo and conditioner, left my hair dry

another miss: wash n go's (massive knots and tangles)

Last edited:

davisbr88

Hit: Cool and seal method for DCs!
Miss: Shea Moisture EVERYTHING. I have given so many products from this company so many chances but they either just sit on top of my hair, make my ends scream in displeasure, or leave it feeling like warm stretched plastic. I hate that none of their stuff has worked out for me. :cry2:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Hit: Cool and seal method for DCs!
Miss: Shea Moisture EVERYTHING. I have given so many products from this company so many chances but they either just sit on top of my hair, make my ends scream in displeasure, or leave it feeling like warm stretched plastic. I hate that none of their stuff has worked out for me. :cry2:

@davisbr88

Other than the Body Washes, the only other thing I really like from this Line is the Purification Masque.

Even that one didn't work for you?:sad:

The only other "hair" product I've tried was the Anti Breakage and the Restorative Elixir (both scents got on my nerves) so I "Hated them":lol:

Recently, I picked up the Manuka Masque and I just picked up the JBCO Masque yesterday.

Not holding out much hope. :look:

But hopefully, they will be decent even for me not to pitch them in the trash.

Both get decent reviews.:rolleyes:

davisbr88

IDareT'sHair: I've never used the body wash actually! But yes, all of the masks and some of the conditioners left my hair feeling like I'd rubbed it with sandpaper!

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
MISS MISS MISS MISS MAJOR MISS
Chi infra shampoo & conditioner. I don't know what to say other than it made my hair feel like cement and should be banished to the fire in hell. Thank goodness I had sense enough to do a patch test and only used it on a small amount of hair in the back. It has been returned to the evil store shelf from whence it came.

New Hits:
Amla glosses
Rhassoul clay

Continued hits
Elucence shampoo's
Curl Junkie & Giovanni conditioners
Aloe vera juice
Darcy Botanicals peach hydrating milk

New body hit:
Chagrin Valley soaps

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
MISS MISS MISS MISS MAJOR MISS
Chi infra shampoo & conditioner. I don't know what to say other than it made my hair feel like cement and should be banished to the fire in hell. Thank goodness I had sense enough to do a patch test and only used it on a small amount of hair in the back. It has been returned to the evil store shelf from whence it came.

lulu97

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I needed this laugh today

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
YAY! Glad to hear they're working out for you. I haven't tried them yet. Still using up my last bottle of Manetabolism but I'll be starting them end of next month.
Have you tried the PhytoSpecific Cap'Energy Dietary Supplement?

rileypak

Nope. Maybe WE can try those next year?:lol:

Lovin' the Phytophanere:yep: