Hmm... SSRR or no? And what's this about the changed "weave game"???

dke415

Hey guys!

So, I've decided that I'm going back to being relaxed. But my hair is has short and horrible looking as ever now (because I tried to cut off all the damage to no avail :swearing:), so I am going to get extensions! Now, I do hate weaves, but I figure if I try doing it myself (I have an awesome plan for a braiding pattern - a mixture of a partial braid and brazilian knots), I can make it look just as awesome as I want, (plus I can start to grow back some of that lenghth)! It'll be my first sew in, so wish me luck! (If all else fails, I'll go to a salon that I know, and micromanage step-by-step what I want :grin:).

Anyways! My question today is about the Senghori Shells Relaxed Rhythms. I believe I have read every forum on here and BHM, and seen every relevant Fotki pertaining to SSRR installs, and 95% of the reviews or installs are all AWESOME! So it seems like it should be a no-brainer and I should shell out for them right?? <-- see what I did there?:lachen: BUT, I also have been reading about how the "weave game" has changed, and a lot of vendors and brands that you ladies used to trust have let you down.:nono: I am so new to weaves in general, in fact I didn't know what one was til I came to college, so I am VERY late in the game. I only had one weave and I HATED it - it was a full weave :/ <-- well now I know I hate full weaves LOL. So, I really want to trust SSRR, but all the reviews that have been stellar, were all before mid 2012, and later reviews (while they have been few to non-existent) have not been quite so stellar (talking about the change of the texture to super doll like and lots of tangling and shedding, etc.). I am a college student, and I really don't have much to spend but I am going abroad next semester, so I want good quality. SS is still expensive, but much cheaper than Bohyme (which I did shell out for after much consideration, and I was disappointed). So, what do you ladies think? Has Senghori Shells quality really gone down all that much, or do you think those few reviews are just unfortunate flukes? And if their quality really has decreased, what brand and line of hair that mimics African relaxed hair, should I try? Keep in mind that I don't have much money (so while I would LOVE to try EP, that's probably not an option for me). I have heard mixed reviews about Kevin CN (again a lot of ladies loved him in the beginning, but more recently, he doesn't seem to cut it :nono:)

Thanks for your input ladies!! ^_^
<3 Kamille

FearlessNik

What are these Brazilian knots yo speak of?

I'm on BHM regularly. I thing SSRR are till in the top pic but most people would like to go with a CV or AV. I have the means but I would never buy EP or QHP (I believe you need to buy by the kilo and I don't need that much). You might want to try Anson. Glam also is launching her new site and is giving great prices on 'cambodian' hair. So far I've stuck with buying in the M2M section. I did buy some Brazilian Kinky curly from Anila hair (she is a member on there but I don't recall the screen name right now). I would NOT recommend Anila hair. It knotted up something nasty. HTH

akgirl

I use senghori rr and still really like it. Least tangling of any hair I have ever used, quick shipping too. Will stick with them, however if your hair isn't relaxed or flat ironed very well (heat trained), it is a bit on the silky side. My stylist only leaves out a little of my hair and I use organix 14-day straight and a flat iron to keep it straight and the textures matching. I was relaxed previously with 1 year of new growth. Hope this helps!

thatscuteright

Bum Bump. I have been watching videos on microlinks , but I think Brazilian knots may be the way to go for the upcoming fall and winter months.