Holiday Haircare

Candy_C

Hey guys, just wanted to post a topic about Holiday Haircare and a few things i do to get the maximum benefit of the heat, humidity and usual soft water you can find in sunnier regions.

In your vanity case, make sure you pack the following:

• Avocado Oil (this is like suncreen for your hair, heat cant affect your hair in the SLIGHTEST with a slathering of this on your strands)
  • Conditioner - i suggest Le Kair Shea Butter Cholesterol
  • Wide tooth comb
  • Large bobbles
  • Ouchless bands
  • Bobby Pins (a MUST HAVE)
  • A bottle full of water
  • boar bristle brush
  • Water Based Moisturizer
  • Hair Powders (Indian Powder Tonics)
  • Hair cap

Its best to avoid shampoo-ing unless your hair is regularly attacked with salty sea water or chlorine ladened pool water. If you do go into the sea i know wearing a swimming cap isnt sexy, sop do yourself a favour and slather your hair with conditioner before going in. Do a very high bun with your ends tucked under. Not only will this provide a barrier between your strands and the drying water, it will also protect it from the sun

Simply wash out afterwards and re condition.

To "shampoo" the hair use powdered tonics, this are sulphate free and a very mild alternative way to clean the hair well. use the LHCF search engine to read more about these

Use less product if you regularly use a hair moisturizing lotion, make sure its water based and use it on wet hair ONLY. water based creams and dry hair usually dont mix, you may experience strange breakage or dry looking hair. Its always best to moisturize wet/damp hair.

After, cover the hair with pue avocado oil. Wet or dry it doesnt matter, keep it in your handbag to use throughout the day.

Tend to wash your hair every other day. daily spritz the hair with the water in the water bottle and then apply your water based moisturizer and oil afterwards

You will find you reap maximum growth with no damage and no breakage.

This applies if you live in a hot country in general (lucky you)

oh and if you want to have mad growth, carry on taking your vitamins abroad. Cpntrary to popular belief i know of no country off the top of my head that doesnt allow you to take "medication" with you (haha)

Take Care xXx

ajoyfuljoy

Being an American when I first read the title I thought you were talking about Thanksgiving and Christmas, loL! But since I spend 3 months in Europe last year, I'm now schooled to know that holiday means vacation!

Thanks for the tips :)

Christa438

Being an American when I first read the title I thought you were talking about Thanksgiving and Christmas, loL! But since I spend 3 months in Europe last year, I'm now schooled to know that holiday means vacation!

Thanks for the tips :)

:lol:
well now I know too.
Thanks Ajoyfuljoy and thanks Candy!

anon123

What is up with all these low star ratings?! This routine would not work for me, either, but it's got useful info in it that lots of people can benefit from. silly people!

Candy, why would you avoid shampooing particularly in the summer? I sweat more in the summer so I need a stronger cleaning agent. Especially with all the oil you recommend coating your hair with, I'd want shampoo to periodically remove it and the lint it tends to attract.

Blessed2bless

Great info... i did not know that you should not put water base moisturizer on dry hair. maybe this is the reason for my ends breaking :yawn:.

Thanks sweetie for the info!

Str8~Curly

Just the haters on here :rolleyes:.

Thanks Candy C for taking the time to post this, you are always helpful :yep:.

What is up with all these low star ratings?! This routine would not work for me, either, but it's got useful info in it that lots of people can benefit from. silly people!

Candy, why would you avoid shampooing particularly in the summer? I sweat more in the summer so I need a stronger cleaning agent. Especially with all the oil you recommend coating your hair with, I'd want shampoo to periodically remove it and the lint it tends to attract.

Str8~Curly

The bolded is so true for my hair.

Hey guys, just wanted to post a topic about Holiday Haircare and a few things i do to get the maximum benefit of the heat, humidity and usual soft water you can find in sunnier regions.

In your vanity case, make sure you pack the following:
  • Avocado Oil (this is like suncreen for your hair, heat cant affect your hair in the SLIGHTEST with a slathering of this on your strands)
  • Conditioner - i suggest Le Kair Shea Butter Cholesterol
  • Wide tooth comb
  • Large bobbles
  • Ouchless bands
  • Bobby Pins (a MUST HAVE)
  • A bottle full of water
  • boar bristle brush
  • Water Based Moisturizer
  • Hair Powders (Indian Powder Tonics)
  • Hair cap
Its best to avoid shampoo-ing unless your hair is regularly attacked with salty sea water or chlorine ladened pool water. If you do go into the sea i know wearing a swimming cap isnt sexy, sop do yourself a favour and slather your hair with conditioner before going in. Do a very high bun with your ends tucked under. Not only will this provide a barrier between your strands and the drying water, it will also protect it from the sun

Simply wash out afterwards and re condition.

To "shampoo" the hair use powdered tonics, this are sulphate free and a very mild alternative way to clean the hair well. use the LHCF search engine to read more about these

Use less product if you regularly use a hair moisturizing lotion, make sure its water based and use it on wet hair ONLY. water based creams and dry hair usually dont mix, you may experience strange breakage or dry looking hair. Its always best to moisturize wet/damp hair.

After, cover the hair with pue avocado oil. Wet or dry it doesnt matter, keep it in your handbag to use throughout the day.

Tend to wash your hair every other day. daily spritz the hair with the water in the water bottle and then apply your water based moisturizer and oil afterwards

You will find you reap maximum growth with no damage and no breakage.

This applies if you live in a hot country in general (lucky you)

oh and if you want to have mad growth, carry on taking your vitamins abroad. Cpntrary to popular belief i know of no country off the top of my head that doesnt allow you to take "medication" with you (haha)

Take Care xXx

Str8~Curly

IMO, for me, I think it's because the moisturizer often doesn't contain enough water in comparison to the amount of oils and other stuff present. Thus, my hair ends up dried out in the same manner that it would if I put straight oil on my hair.

For me, my moisturizer is actually my sealant for the water that I spray on my hair first. May not be true for every head but my hair is always craving moisture.

Moisturize on wet/ damp hair first? Interesting...

loulou82

IMO, for me, I think it's because the moisturizer often doesn't contain enough water in comparison to the amount of oils and other stuff present. Thus, my hair ends up dried out in the same manner that it would if I put straight oil on my hair.

For me, my moisturizer is actually my sealant for the water that I spray on my hair first. May not be true for every head but my hair is always craving moisture.

I understand now. So you mist your hair first with water and then apply your moisturizer like usual. I'll give that a try. Thanks!

Str8~Curly

Yup. For me, a little damp is better than completely wet. I get fancy with it :lachen:and add some peppermint EO in the water (about 20 drops to 8 oz. of water) and it feels so cool and refreshing on the scalp. I’m experimenting with glycerin now but I’m not sure if I prefer it in the water or directly in my moisturizer.
I understand now. So you mist your hair first with water and then apply your moisturizer like usual. I'll give that a try. Thanks!