Holy Spirit

Iammoney

Wealth magnet
Who is the Holy Spirit?
Dr. Creflo A. Dollar
The subject of the Holy Spirit is one of the most misunderstood and misinterpreted subjects among Christians and non-Christians. Many people are afraid to hear sermons about the Holy Spirit because of incorrect teachings they may have received in the past. The topic of speaking in tongues and the gifts of the Spirit are often shunned as a result. However, the Holy Spirit is real. He desires to work through you so that you can experience the power that God ordained every Christian to have and use in these last days.
Gaining an understanding of who the Holy Spirit is, and who He is not, is critical in order to experience His presence and power. The Holy Spirit is not a feeling or an emotion. Although His presence can stir up emotions within you, He actually is the third person of the Trinity God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. When you receive Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, the Holy Spirit comes to live in your heart; it becomes His dwelling place. As you learn to yield to Him, you will find yourself walking out God's plan for your life. In addition, you will experience supernatural power and breakthrough like never before.
Jesus explains the function of the Holy Spirit in John 16:7, "Nevertheless I tell you the truth: It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you." Jesus knew He would have to leave in order for the Holy Spirit to come to the earth. Now that the Holy Spirit is here, and dwelling in every member of the body of Christ, the power of God can flow to an even greater extent than when Jesus walked the earth!
The Holy Spirit is the motivator, energizer and operator of every revealed plan or vision from God. He is also the revealer of the hidden treasures of the Kingdom of God and holds the key to the inheritance of the saints. He is the most valuable asset to Christian living, and yet many times, Believers don't know enough about Him to really take advantage of what He can do in their lives.
Since we are living in the Last Days, it is going to be imperative that you know how to distinguish the Holy Spirit's voice. That "hunch" or inner feeling you have inside that is either directing you or telling you not to do something is the Holy Spirit. You can develop a discernment of His voice through studying and meditating on the Word of God. He will never say anything to you that doesn't line up with the written Word, so studying the Bible is essential to your recognizing His voice. Praying in tongues also helps to sharpen your spiritual discernment and awareness of Him. It may take some time to become proficient in recognizing His voice, but as you develop, pay attention to whether or not you have peace in your spirit about something you are about to do. If you don't, most likely the Holy Spirit is warning you not to proceed.
When you acknowledge the Holy Spirit and commune with Him on a daily basis, He will show you mysteries and the secret plans of God for your life. Jeremiah 33:3 says, "Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not." He will guide you into your destiny when you allow Him to direct your decisions.
When you call on the Holy Spirit, you may say, "Holy Spirit, I don't know what to do in this situation, but I know You know the answer. Show me what to do." Spend some time praying in the Spirit and then wait on Him until you hear Him speak to you about it. When you call, He will answer.
You can cultivate your relationship with the Holy Spirit by praising God, praying and singing spiritual songs (Ephesians 5:19). Doing these things helps to build your spirit and makes you more sensitive to His presence. Invite Him into every situation and atmosphere in which you find yourself. When you acknowledge Him this way, He will be able to move in your life.
Since the Holy Spirit was sent to help guide and direct your life, it is important that you set aside time every day to fellowship with Him. Talk with Him as you would a close friend or family member. Let Him know your concerns and confess the Scriptures. He will give you the revelation, insight and enlightenment you need to lead you into the good life God has prepared for you.
Developing a relationship with the Holy Spirit is going to cost you something. It will mean getting up to pray when you don't feel like it and letting go of old habits and mindsets that oppose God's Word. But when you create an environment in which the Holy Spirit can dwell, you will reap the rich rewards of your relationship with Him. Are you willing to pay the price?

Highly Favored8

Who is the Holy Spirit?
Dr. Creflo A. Dollar
The subject of the Holy Spirit is one of the most misunderstood and misinterpreted subjects among Christians and non-Christians. Many people are afraid to hear sermons about the Holy Spirit because of incorrect teachings they may have received in the past. The topic of speaking in tongues and the gifts of the Spirit are often shunned as a result. However, the Holy Spirit is real. He desires to work through you so that you can experience the power that God ordained every Christian to have and use in these last days.
Gaining an understanding of who the Holy Spirit is, and who He is not, is critical in order to experience His presence and power. The Holy Spirit is not a feeling or an emotion. Although His presence can stir up emotions within you, He actually is the third person of the Trinity God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. When you receive Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, the Holy Spirit comes to live in your heart; it becomes His dwelling place. As you learn to yield to Him, you will find yourself walking out God's plan for your life. In addition, you will experience supernatural power and breakthrough like never before.
Jesus explains the function of the Holy Spirit in John 16:7, "Nevertheless I tell you the truth: It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you." Jesus knew He would have to leave in order for the Holy Spirit to come to the earth. Now that the Holy Spirit is here, and dwelling in every member of the body of Christ, the power of God can flow to an even greater extent than when Jesus walked the earth!
The Holy Spirit is the motivator, energizer and operator of every revealed plan or vision from God. He is also the revealer of the hidden treasures of the Kingdom of God and holds the key to the inheritance of the saints. He is the most valuable asset to Christian living, and yet many times, Believers don't know enough about Him to really take advantage of what He can do in their lives.
Since we are living in the Last Days, it is going to be imperative that you know how to distinguish the Holy Spirit's voice. That "hunch" or inner feeling you have inside that is either directing you or telling you not to do something is the Holy Spirit. You can develop a discernment of His voice through studying and meditating on the Word of God. He will never say anything to you that doesn't line up with the written Word, so studying the Bible is essential to your recognizing His voice. Praying in tongues also helps to sharpen your spiritual discernment and awareness of Him. It may take some time to become proficient in recognizing His voice, but as you develop, pay attention to whether or not you have peace in your spirit about something you are about to do. If you don't, most likely the Holy Spirit is warning you not to proceed.
When you acknowledge the Holy Spirit and commune with Him on a daily basis, He will show you mysteries and the secret plans of God for your life. Jeremiah 33:3 says, "Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not." He will guide you into your destiny when you allow Him to direct your decisions.
When you call on the Holy Spirit, you may say, "Holy Spirit, I don't know what to do in this situation, but I know You know the answer. Show me what to do." Spend some time praying in the Spirit and then wait on Him until you hear Him speak to you about it. When you call, He will answer.
You can cultivate your relationship with the Holy Spirit by praising God, praying and singing spiritual songs (Ephesians 5:19). Doing these things helps to build your spirit and makes you more sensitive to His presence. Invite Him into every situation and atmosphere in which you find yourself. When you acknowledge Him this way, He will be able to move in your life.
Since the Holy Spirit was sent to help guide and direct your life, it is important that you set aside time every day to fellowship with Him. Talk with Him as you would a close friend or family member. Let Him know your concerns and confess the Scriptures. He will give you the revelation, insight and enlightenment you need to lead you into the good life God has prepared for you.
Developing a relationship with the Holy Spirit is going to cost you something. It will mean getting up to pray when you don't feel like it and letting go of old habits and mindsets that oppose God's Word. But when you create an environment in which the Holy Spirit can dwell, you will reap the rich rewards of your relationship with Him. Are you willing to pay the price?

Thank you so much and God bless you for this post:yep: God is so Good!

EbonyEyes

Thank you for posting this. I admitted to my mom some years ago that I didn't understand who the Holy Spirit was and what His role was to be in my life. In church, I hear about the Father and the Son, but not much about the Holy Spirit.

Today, I'm building a closer relationship with the Holy Spirit and fellowshipping with Him more.

temfash

This is such a relevant and edifying post thank you. I am really being blessed by this forum thanks to all the sisters in Christ who are contributing and building up others in the Lord.