Homemade Hair Recipes

hope5506

Fruit Smoothie Hair Mask
Blend 1/2 a banana, 1/4 avocado, 1/4 cantaloupe, 1 tablespoon wheat germ oil and 1 tablespoon yogurt. For extra conditioning, squeeze in the contents of a vitamin E capsule. Leave in hair for 15 minutes.

Honey & Olive Oil Hair Mask
Mix 1/2 cup honey and 3 tablespoons olive oil. Work a small amount at a time through hair until coated. Cover hair with a shower cap; leave on 30 minutes. Shampoo well and rinse.

Dandruff Treatment
Boil 7 heaping tablespoons dried thyme in 2 cups water for 10 minutes. Strain and cool. Pour 1/2 mixture over clean, damp hair. Massage into scalp, do not rinse. Use the rest of the solution another day.

Yogurt Hair Mask
Beat 1 egg white until foamy. Add to 6 tablespoons plain natural yogurt. Apply to hair in small sections at a time. Leave in for 15 minutes. Rinse.

Egg & Olive Oil Hair Mask
Mix two whole eggs with four tablespoons of olive oil. Smooth through hair. Wrap head with plastic wrap, and leave in hair for 10 minutes. Rinse well.

Conditioners
~ Mayonnaise is a great conditioner for dry hair. Depending on the length of your hair, apply approximately 1/2 cup of mayonnaise to your dry hair. Work into hair really well and then cover your hair with a plastic bag, allowing to set for about 15 minutes. Rinse thoroughly and then shampoo as usual.
~ In a blender or food processor, combine 2 1/2 tablespoons dried milk, 1 tablespoon wheat germ oil, and 1 egg. Apply evenly to hair and let set for at least an hour. Shampoo and style as usual.

Hair Setting Lotions
~ Try dissolving a teaspoon of gelatin in a cup of warm water and use this as a setting lotion before styling hair. You can use this as a liquid or chill it and use it as a gel.
~ Dissolve 1 teaspoon sugar in 1 cup warm water and apply to damp hair before styling.
~ Combine 4 tablespoons olive oil and 2 tablespoons honey in a glass jar with a lid and shake until well blended. Let mixture sit for 3 to 4 days, and shake it occasionally. Rub mixture evenly into dry hair and wrap hair in plastic wrap, letting set for at least an hour. Shampoo as usual.
~ Mix together 2 tablespoons vegetable oil and 1 egg. Apply to hair and let set for about an hour. Shampoo as usual.
~ To help a flaky scalp, warm 2 to 3 tablespoons vegetable oil in the microwave (make sure it’s not too hot!) and then gently apply to scalp with cotton balls. Let set for at least an hour and then shampoo as usual.

KaramelDiva1978

Thanks Hope, I love hair masks!! I've done some of these a few times and I like the results. I was talking to my brother a few weeks about how you should only use natural foods you would eat on your hair and skin. He was like yeah, I know the chemicals is why we have so many issues with allergies and stuff.:abducted: LOL! He got all philosophical like he know something. :lachen:

SherylsTresses

Alter Ego Garlic Conditioner (substitute from fe6968 on LHCF)
1/2 bottle of vo5 strawberries and cream
4 teaspoons of garlic powder
let sit on my hair for 15 minutes
rinsed out with more vo5 strawberries and cream (my hair felt like butter)
detangled in 4 sections (no shedding or breaking)

Protein conditioner:
1-2 eggs
Moisturizing conditioner
EVOO or an oil of your choice

Daily moisturizers on dry hair:
use any moisturizing conditioner or leave-in
Be sure to clarify as needed

Flaky scalp treatment:
1 tbsp tea tree oil
1 tbsp peppermint oil
1 tbsp EVOO
1 cup moisturizing conditioner