Homemade Natural Hair Gel

Avaya

I haven't tried it yet but I am going to. Any of you made this? Do you like it?

[video=youtube;nT4DTbd93j4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT4DTbd93j4[/video]

Last edited:

lijm83

I made this two times. The first time the batch came out great, but I was under the impression that gel was not for me (I was already natural, but the biggest part of my hair was heat damaged).

I tried a 2nd time after the BC, but the batch failed. I used it as a moisturizer which worked ok for me.

Curlykale

I love xanthan gum and I discovered it through her videos. I just use mineral water, xanthan gum and olive oil (I whip, let it sit, and that's it) as my hair doesn't like humectants (guar, honey, glycerine). I just use xanthan gum until I'm satisfied with the thickness.

It turns out EXTREMELY soft, it's different from flaxseed gel because there isn't any protein and the hold has no amount of crunch (although I like flaxseed gel as well). I also use it on dry hair, on top of my leave in and for braidouts. If you have ever used KCCC... I find it has a similar feel on my hair.

Last edited:

LadyPBC

No I haven't but it is of interest to me. Maybe I'll try the recipe with the flaxseeds since I already have that. THanks!

vainღ♥♡jane

ღ♥♡honey chile♡♥ღ
i am interested in trying to make a linseed gel, even though i do not know how to include gel in my regimen yet. ♥