Homeschooling Vs Public Schools Vs Private Schools

Discussion in 'Education' started by dlewis, Dec 8, 2010.

1. naturalgyrl5199

naturalgyrl5199 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I like private...but they tend to not be as diverse over here for very young. I attended a top public magnet black school. Talk about a diamond in the rough...but soooo worth it. We had EVERYTHING, the marching band, jazz bad, rock band, art, sculpture, I was on the debate team and we were AWESOME, award-winning robotics team, awesome football experience (think FAMU lite from the perspective of someone who loves marching bands and football, plus 100 year old tradition as the HS school is THAT old), performing arts and high technology magnet....err-thing and in-between. Plus a super active alumni group that mentors current students...
    I feel like any public or private school, you have to stay on top of everything either way.
    My friend homeschools and its a LOT. Her oldest is in HS and that's what HE prefers but she gave him a great foundation. She spends a lot of free time just researching and looking for stuff....AND she is part of a homeschool co-op, but its a lot of work...and unless I really have to do it...iCannot.

PrissiSippi and Femmefatal1981 like this.
  2. naturalgyrl5199

naturalgyrl5199 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Charters in my area are super questionable right now in my area. Its a bit of a political issue here right now. One, they are not the be-all end-all and parents are a little miffed that their tax money is going to schools their children couldn't even get in due to the long waiting lists, and not to the public schools in their area. The public schools here are old but A/B schools.

PrissiSippi and GeorginaSparks like this.
  3. NefertariBlu

NefertariBlu Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I'm in the UK so not sure about the education in the states, but I'm not too impressed with ours.

I've taken him out of school and we are in the second week of deschooling.

tiffers and PrissiSippi like this.