Honest Product reviews.........Are you afraid to be honest??? a RANT.

MA2010

I am honest about my reviews... lmao.. ain't a damn person sent me anything for "free" for making good reviews. However, I will say everyone's hair and EXPECTATIONS of a product are different! I cannot repeat that enough. Something that works will on my hair.. might not work well on someone with 6D hair or someone with 1C hair. I try to impart my honest opinion of the stuff and expediently shift that sucker to the exchange forum if it doesn't work for me.. lol.. :lachen:

ITA with alllllllllllll that!!! :yep:

Last edited:

mkd

I've stopped going by reviews unless the person almost has an identical hair type. And I also already know what my hair doesn't do well with, so those products are ruled out automatically.

No offense their are some people who are PJS (admittedly) and love EVERYTHING or will support a business because the owner is black, or because they are getting free ish to advertise it.

I was so mad with my Darcy's Botanical products. They were all horrible. And that was when I stopped listening to 99% of products reviews.

And Lucky's Mom, thanks for admitting this. I figured that was going on, but I was never sure to what degree.
You know I was this close to purchasing a few things from Darcy's Botanicals but I held off and I am so glad. I was going to bump a thread about it and see if anyone else had reviews.

Kay.Dee

Honestly, I really didn't like it. But maybe some others have had better experiences. I think chebaby has purchased from that line too. Maybe she has had a better experience.

Lucky's Mom

Thanks for the support everyone!!!!

I honestly feel that companies - however large or small - should value the consumer....and if the consumer decides that:

a. the product is too pricey ( i.e. - I would never buy Jane Carter products..20 bucks for 4 ozs? Hell no...)

b. The product is expensive GARBAGE ( ie, expensive products full of cheap fillers Miss Jessies- PEG, Mineral oil.........and as soon as it was popular - the price doubled...:rolleyes:)

c. The amount you get is LESS that you got before ( this happens in the industry over all - from Tide to Toothpaste, to many online hair products... and I usually have the old packaging to compare..... This happened to me when I bought Qhemet Detangler.... Olive Oil detanger was 8 oz, the new and improved detangler was 5 oz......)

d. The 'new and improved' formula is not as good as the original...................CON, ORS, Oyin Honey Hemp Condish, ETAE Carmelux.......the list goes on.

I gave up.... and started on a different path. I make my own condish and Shampoo... and the formula is the SAME.

e. INGREDIENTS are not listed or are this state Secret: - Hell - we are going to find out anyway!!!!!! ( ei, BBD curl Cream, Etae, etc....) This is not truth in advertising....

The seller should listen - and when they don't - the Consumer will speak. They won't buy..... I sure in the hell won't.
I am pretty much done with experimantation. I am on the 'make it my self path' - because I can control everything......I think that there are only a few things that work for me...and if the price does not Skyrocket.... I will be a faithful customer....

Thanks again ladies. I had to get this off my chest, and I will continue to Do " brutally honest" reviews.

Honi

There is no board.
I sent an email reviewing Infusium 23 telling them that the old formula was better than the new and why did they change it because it now sucked (didn't use those exact words though). It was a negative review. I suggested they go back to the old formula!

They sent me a coupon for free Infusium 23 which I kindly tossed into file 12 (the trash) :lachen: Why send me coupons for free stuff when I hate it??? :confused:

Lucky's Mom

I sent an email reviewing Infusium 23 telling them that the old formula was better than the new and why did they change it because it now sucked (didn't use those exact words though). It was a negative review. I suggested they go back to the old formula!

They sent me a coupon for free Infusium 23 which I kindly tossed into file 12 (the trash) :lachen: Why send me coupons for free stuff when I hate it??? :confused:

Well, That is still a good thing. It may have worked well for someone else!

Sharing the wealth is always a good thing. They also responded! That is really good!