Honestly, how many of you shared this site...

Lorraine

...with a friend? When I first came across this site I must have sent it to about ten of my girlfriends, including my mom. We had been acting as a supportive network for years, yet doing all the things our stylist told us or following myths handed down to us from our mothers or aunts.

However, there were a few girls on my email who I deleted after thinking twice about it. One in particular never, ever shared her stylist with me and in fact gave me fake names for years. Unfortunately, her stylist dyed her hair blonde and now years later it's still repairing from the damage. On second thought, the Catholic in me feels like I should tell her.

Hmmm...scratching chin.

KinksnCurlz

I have shared this site with ALLLLLLL of my girlfriends. They either feel like they know everything about hair and don't need any help or they think their hair is already the epitome of healthiness (is that a word? if it isn't, it should b). Only now since they've seen my progress r they quickly becoming a member. Shoot, my sister even joined and that's saying something

sengschick

The Bun Master
I hate to admit this, but Lorraine G sent me the link and I didn't send it to one person.
I would have sent it to her though. My other friends aren't hair obsessed. I give them the advice I get here... sometimes.
Stop spreading that Catholic guilt... PLEASE!!!!

Love Ya Though

moneychaser

I haven't. They know about my beloved forum but they have never asked me the name of this site. And you know how it goes, Do Ask Don't Tell, lol... They have recently seen my progress and just brush it off as genetics

ms_kenesha

I shared it with my two best friends...one is a member, but I never see her post and I don't think she visits much. My other friend did not join, but she takes my advice and her hair is healthy and pretty.
My mother knows about it, but never joined either.

candycane

[ QUOTE ]
I don't have any girlfriends.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awwww. You can be my friend. I live in Oakland and you are in Alameda. Just a short drive away.

Candycane

Lorraine

[ QUOTE ]
Chipmunk said:
I have not shared the site w/anyone. I don't have any girlfriends.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah girl. I'll be your friend.

G

I have mentioned this site to a few people..sometimes I share tips..I rarely mention the name of the site though..most aren't interested to tell the truth..by the way Caramelhonee, "epitome" is a word.

14got

My mom knows I am on a hair board but I don't think she knows which one. My hubby ask me if the hair board was like an anoynous meeting

Lorraine

[ QUOTE ]
Kei said:
My mom knows I am on a hair board but I don't think she knows which one. My hubby ask me if the hair board was like an anoynous meeting

[/ QUOTE ]

Kei, my boyfriend calls it the weave board. All the ladies had such gorgeous hair he thought it was fake!

moneychaser

I think my boyfriend loves this site more than I do. Thanks to everyone my skin is clear, nails long, and my hair is healthier
And I started going to the gym again

Angelicus

yea everytime someone says "wow your hair is getting longer," i tell them about the forum and conditioner washes and i get the dumbest look from some people (squint your left eye and hold your mouth open... YEP, thats the look!). anyhoo... no one has taken my advice to join... THEY JUST LURK! I SEE U TIFFANY!

BrEE

only my mom and boyfriend know about this site from me telling them, and they both think i'm crazy and have no life. but i tell you what, when i showed them adrienne's hair pics they were wowed and my b/f said it's a shame you dont see as many black women in real life with hair like ours. i'm kinda scared/hesitant to tell other people about this site, i dont want to hear their stupid comments.
there is this one black girl at my job who just happens to be walking by the desk everytime she sees me on this site and asks about it.i try to turn the screen or distract her but i see her straining her neck just to peek

Lorraine

I definitely wouldn't share it with anyone I thought was going to come on here and hate. I have to admit, it's (unfortunately) rare that there are so many women of color on here helping one another. I wasn't sure we did that anymore!

Lindy

I've shared it with a few of my friends, and also with my Mom. One friend is a member, but she usually lurks -- she's only posted a few times
. My Mom hasn't joined.

Zuppy

I've shared the site with a few friends but I don't think anyone has joined. I had one friend tell me she has no problem with growing hair but her hair is not healthy... although I explaned the site is not just about "growing hair" The others appear to be to busy or don't have home PC's. I was talking about the site on my shuttle bus the other day with a aquantence and when I got off, most of the woman were asking me the name of the site. I don't share as much as I used to because of the lack of interest from many that I told about the site, and mostly because of those that could really use it and still ignore my advice and to check out the site.

Ayeshia

I dont because as soon as anybody asks me about why my hair loks so healthy I tell them that I wash it twice a week. They immediately say that they dont have enuff time to do that. So they definitely wouldnt have much time to come to this site then

Kaela

[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
I dont because as soon as anybody asks me about why my hair loks so healthy I tell them that I wash it twice a week. They immediately say that they dont have enuff time to do that. So they definitely wouldnt have much time to come to this site then

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't tell anyone about it, none of my friends would care.

Dreamn

Chasing the Unicorn
i dont tell anybody, because most people laugh when i tell them how much i do for my hair (all of which i got from this site) they laugh when i take vitamins, they laugh when i dont relax my hair bone straight and then laugh when i tell them how much i pay for products. they laugh when i wear a bun, they laugh when i try to tell them about the baggie method....

doesnt hurt my feelings tho, guess wholl have the last laugh >~~~~~honeydrop215

BrEE

[ QUOTE ]
honeydrop215 said:
i dont tell anybody, because most people laugh when i tell them how much i do for my hair (all of which i got from this site) they laugh when i take vitamins, they laugh when i dont relax my hair bone straight and then laugh when i tell them how much i pay for products. they laugh when i wear a bun, they laugh when i try to tell them about the baggie method....

doesnt hurt my feelings tho, guess wholl have the last laugh >~~~~~honeydrop215

[/ QUOTE ]

the one friend/associate i told about my hair obsession did the same thing,now i just keep it to myself.

aqualung

I told my mom and girlfriends about the site and about Surge. I don't take it personally if they follow the link or not. They acknowledge that my hair's growing nicely everytime they see me. When they ask me what I'm doing with it, I describe my routine and do some URL dropping.

frankie

I've shared with my friends, I turned two of them on to Surge
. One of them joined the board, but she isn't as passionate about this hair journey as I am, so who knows how often she visits.

blue_flower

[ QUOTE ]
Chipmunk said:
I have not shared the site w/anyone. I don't have any girlfriends.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here.