honey and molasses users come in please

Honey or Molasses

• Total voters

tri3nity

I am trying to stock up on everything that I need to grow and retain length in my hair. This is my what, 4th poll. Sorry ladies, but you all shouldn't be so smart!:grin: Then I wouldn't value your opinions so much! Thanks though, cause since Ive joined LHCF, I have gained 2 inches in 3 months. I'm hoping to get that up to an inch a month, seeing that for some reason my hair grows faster and thickens in the summer.

So, my question is. What types of honey or molasses do you use? I have tried raw organic honey, black strap molasses and regular grocery store honey and honestly, I think the raw organic honey worked best, its just so expensive. $9.00 for 4 ounces!

tada1

I've heard great things about black strap molasses :yep: regular clover honey didn't do much for my hair.

Dposh167

when i use honey....it's always organic
the molasses...i use the one with the old lady on the jar

Filmatic

I use the black strap molasses with the bunny. Brother Briar? I loved that stuff when I started my HHJ. It really brought my dry breaking ends back to life. I may restart it with a mix of DC.

mariofmagdal

Perhaps not the answer you are looking for, but I take mine internally. I use one tablespoon of molasses with a hot cup of nettle tea. Twice daily, AM and PM before bed. Both are great for hair, working from the inside out.

Globeleza

I do Motown Girl's pre-poo with 1/4 cup olive oil and 3 tsp of raw honey (not organic). It works well for me!

4evershika

I use honey regularly... I go between regular and organic (we have both so whichever my hand touches first) and I honestly see no difference.

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
I use something call Gunter's Pure Golden Honey, I have been using this for a while and it works fine for me.

Jas123

The Star of a Story
i use all kinds of honey (raw, organic, regular) and it doesn't seem to make a difference i just like adding honey to my conditioners & moisturizer spray... i like that honey is an humectant

honeisos

I use 2 tbs of Eucalyptus honey every week in my con or dc ,i like it much better than clover.. more moisturising

sunnieb

I add 1tbsp of honey and EVOO in my twice weekly DC's. I use regular store brand or brand name honey. I didn't see a difference except store brand was much cheaper.

Ash25

I do both, one week raw organic honey...next organic blackstrap molasses w/ oyin honey hemp conditioner

2themax

I use nothing but Raw Honey....just started it very recently. I used the regular honey and it did absolutely NOTHING for my hair but made it sticky before rinsing it out:wallbash: I read about Raw Honey being best for your hair and your health because it hasn't been heated to give it that flowing consistency you find in other brands. Also I was told that Raw Honey still has all the natural cells and nutrients in it and when heated above 120 degrees it loses it's nutritional value.

I take 2 TBS of Raw Honey and 2 TBS of Conditioner and "warm" them (never hot!!!) for about 5 - 10 seconds and then apply to my hair only, wrap my hair for about 30 minutes and then rinse it very thoroughly....that is my Deep Honey Conditioning. My hair was a little softer than usual after the very first time I tried it.

I haven't tried the molasses yet, but I'm really thinking about it:yep:

Last edited: