Honey Bee's Progress (Aug-Nov)

Honey Bee

I'm not gonna type a lot, because a picture is worth a thousand words, especially with you ladies!

When I first registered in August, I was looking like this:
Aug Straightened.jpg

Not good. :nono:

So, I trimmed to this in early September:
Early Sept Trim and Blowout.jpg

(bad picture, I know, but, in my defense, I was still learning proper hair-pic etiquette). My hair was a little too tightly curled to show much length, but I got rid of those nasty ends, which was my main goal.

By October 22 (according to my camera), it was coming along nicely:
Oct 22.jpg

I admit to not really putting my wrist into the flat-ironing process; I was tired and it was raining. :ohwell:

And here I am today, not yet APL, but >thisclose<! :lachen:
Nov 6.jpgDSC00267.jpg

My original goal was BSL texlaxed (I'm transitioning), but I did the math, and that would take forever :lachen:, so I amended it to APL. Now that I'm almost there... I don't know, I'm not that impressed. I think I'll forge ahead to BSL.

Last edited:

MangaManiac

Great progress! I'm waiting until I take my braids down to do another length check, so hopefully I'll have progress like yours!

And I know exactly what you're talking about with wanting a length faster than it should conceivably take. I was thinking I could be APL by Christmas, but when I checked in October I had a good 2-3 inches to go. So, I'm thinking full APL by April.

But no matter what happens keep the progress posts coming! HHG!

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
Nice progress, the health of your hair has really changed, keep it up and you will be APL in no time.

nikki2229

Wonderful progress. Your hair looks very healthy.
Are you transitioning to texlax or natural?
How many weeks post are you?

Dacia38

Wow! That is great progress. It looks like a completely new set of hair. Whatever you're doing it is truly working.

Keep up the good work.

~Dee

Barbie83

wonderful progress, your hair looks so much healthier! I agree, I'm almost APL too and it just aint enough hair for me :nono: I'm forgin on to BSL with ya girl! :yep:

Honey Bee

Great progress! I'm waiting until I take my braids down to do another length check, so hopefully I'll have progress like yours!

And I know exactly what you're talking about with wanting a length faster than it should conceivably take. I was thinking I could be APL by Christmas, but when I checked in October I had a good 2-3 inches to go. So, I'm thinking full APL by April.

But no matter what happens keep the progress posts coming! HHG!
Don't you hate that?! I grow about .7" per month, so, if I cross my fingers and dc like a madwoman, I might be able to make full APL by Christmas, and then BSL by my birthday (in May)... not counting trims. :look:

Honey Bee

Wonderful progress. Your hair looks very healthy.
Are you transitioning to texlax or natural?
How many weeks post are you?
I'm transitioning to texlax, but, just between you and me, my naps are still very strong, lol, which is how I want it... I'm just sayin'. My eventual plan is to be able to rock natural styles when I want, but to also be able to straighten relatively easily. Plus, that bone-straight-ness was killing my hair... it's already fine, but the perm was making it thin. :perplexed

I got my last touch up October 15, so I guess 3 wks, but I did a hair mask this time, with honey, aloe vera, sour cream, coconut milk, and a little conditioner, and girl, it came out sooooo nice. I detangled from root to tip with no product and only lost, like, 3 hairs. It was amazing. Truly.

Wow! That is great progress. It looks like a completely new set of hair. Whatever you're doing it is truly working.

Keep up the good work.

~Dee
I know, right? That's crazy. As to what I've been doing, that first pic, with the chewed up ends, is the result of Wen (but I still love you, boo, lol). The problem was, I was moisterizing like crazy, but neglecting my protein, so now I do a light protein every time I wash. That, and a few new products (aphogee and chi), are helping me retain the length.

Ann816

Great progress! :yep: What's your reggie?

I'm not gonna type a lot, because a picture is worth a thousand words, especially with you ladies!

When I first registered in August, I was looking like this:
View attachment 46494

Not good. :nono:

So, I trimmed to this in early September:
View attachment 46496

(bad picture, I know, but, in my defense, I was still learning proper hair-pic etiquette). My hair was a little too tightly curled to show much length, but I got rid of those nasty ends, which was my main goal.

By October 22 (according to my camera), it was coming along nicely:
View attachment 46498

I admit to not really putting my wrist into the flat-ironing process; I was tired and it was raining. :ohwell:

And here I am today, not yet APL, but >thisclose<! :lachen:
View attachment 46500View attachment 46502

My original goal was BSL texlaxed (I'm transitioning), but I did the math, and that would take forever :lachen:, so I amended it to APL. Now that I'm almost there... I don't know, I'm not that impressed. I think I'll forge ahead to BSL.

Honey Bee

Great progress! :yep: What's your reggie?
That's a veeeery complicated question, lol. There are some things I do religiously, and other things I do when I think about it. I'm still getting my reggie together.

Things I do religiously
1. Co-wash and dc twice a week. I usually use keraphix for my co-washing, and wen (on my new-growth, applied like a perm) and alter ego for dc'ing. I don't use the alter ego every time, cuz I read it can be drying, sometimes I'll use the smooth-n-shine silk effects (cheapie, but good). Whatever it is, it should be super-moisturizing.

2. I henna twice a month, and when I don't, my hair suffers.

3. Moisturize twice a day, focussing on the ends. For now, I'm alternating between nexus humectress leave-in and chi keratin mist, but I'm planning to make one soon (replacing the nexxus). For a creamy leave-in, I use Paul Mitchell The Conditioner.

4. Tie it up. :)

5. Low heat/ low manipulation. I wear my hair in braidouts most of the time, but when I straighten for a length check, I really pile on the heat protectants.

6. Texlax instead of bone-straight.

7. Eat healthy, which I always tried to do, cuz I'm damn sure not going to the gym. :lachen:

Things I do when I think about it
1. Use chi silk infusion (I love it and have a lot of it, I just forget).

2. Take vitamins/ drink water

3. Ayurveda- I try, and I try, I have all the powders and oils, I just need to get on my game.

New developments

Like I said, this time I used a hair mask, made of sour cream (cuz I couldn't find full-fat yogurt), coconut milk, honey, and aloe vera, and it made my hair felt great. I couldn't believe how easy it was to comb it out, especially since I have about 2-3 inches of, tbh, 'highly textured' ;) hair and the rest is bone straight. It usually takes me quite a while, and in tiny sections. This time, I literally raked the comb through, and lost waaaay less hair than usual, so yay lactic acid. I might actually be able to replace the wen with this for softening my new-growth.