Honey or molasses in conditioner?

southerncitygirl

yep, yep i pre-poo with mayo, oil, molasses and sit under my bonnet dryer with a plastic bag on for anywhere btw 20-30 mins. I do this weekly and have had no issues with protein overload.

Lita

Honey & Molasses are great additions..I sometimes put Honey in my Henna
(No drying & very smooth rinse out).

When I make my own protein treatment I use Molasses & the results are amazing..

Happy Hair Growing!

destine2grow

I have tried the protein treatment with molasses. I liked the result. I willl have to try honey. I might just add a lil honey to the mix.

goodmorningruby

I use both very frequently with no problems, I just get progress. I also use them together and they're great. I recommend them both to everyone.

Taleah2009

Love love love honey in my conditioner. I have used it two ways:

Pre-poo with Suave humectant and EVOO

DC with ORS hair mayo and EVOO,
soft shiny rollersets are the results

Will have to give molasses a try

Fine 4s

Do you have to use blackstrap molasses or just molasses or do they mean the same thing :S? I saw a jar that said 'molasses' on it but wasn't sure if it was LHCF approved?

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
For a pre-poo or hot oil treatment, I've been mixing honey with EVOO and coconut oil. But I think I will start adding molasses to my deep conditioner as well.

DivaD04

i like to use black forest honey, that way over time my hair (and my dd's hair) won't turn light or highted. I have used honey mixed with molasses. when combined it gives your hair a moisture boost imo.

The benefits of molasses
molasses fyi:To make molasses, the sugar cane is harvested and stripped of its leaves. The juice is then extracted from the cane and boiled in order to concentrate it. This promotes crystallization of the sugars. The remaining liquid is called molasses. Boiling it two more times results in Blackstrap Molasses. Unlike refined sugars, Blackstrap Molasses, contains calcium, magnesium, potassium, and iron; one tablespoon provides up to 20% of the daily value of each of those nutrients. Blackstrap Molasses also contains high amounts of copper and that is what is thought to reverse the graying hair.