honey

chebaby

okay.
i ordered some suave coconut conditioner and im planning on adding honey to it. i think that would be good for co washes.
but my question is do you think this would be good for a pre poo?

also i finally tried my vo5 passion fruit conditioner and:nono:. for one thing its too thin but do you think if i add honey that would be good? because i have to use it up. i have five bottles. 1 passion fruit 3 strawberry and creme and 1 champain kiss

what else can i use honey for?
i know some of you ladies love honey

ladylibra

hey if you don't want em you can always ship em out to me! :grin:

i've never used honey as a pre-poo... wonder how that would turn out...

it does help thicken conditioner up some. i like to dilute my conditioner for co-washing, half-water half-conditioner. then i add SAA and some honey... it's like i never watered it down, and VOILA i have twice as much to co-wash with. :yep:

KiniKakes

I love honey. I usually add it to my conditioner washes, or deep conditioners.

I think adding it to your pre-poo is fine too. It will have a conditioning effect, which is also good. Sometimes when i go to my Dominican salon with only a short time to spend there, i opt to pass on the DC under the dryer because im in a rush. On those days i make sure to prepoo, and actually go there with my hair saturated with my con-mix. That way, im like conditioning in advance.

To thicken up ure VO5 maybe honey and Jamaican Black castor oil? Honey alone may add a bit of thickness but i dont think it will markedly change the consistency. Maybe u can just mix this with ure Suave conditioner. Im sure it will smell lovely and have equally positive effects.

ETA: If u Henna, u can always use the VO5 to create ure mix (if you're not going for color, that is). That is one way to get rid of it!

MonPetite

I think adding it to your pre-poo is fine too. It will have a conditioning effect, which is also good. Sometimes when i go to my Dominican salon with only a short time to spend there, i opt to pass on the DC under the dryer because im in a rush. On those days i make sure to prepoo, and actually go there with my hair saturated with my con-mix. That way, im like conditioning in advance.

To thicken up ure VO5 maybe honey and Jamaican Black castor oil? Honey alone may add a bit of thickness but i dont think it will markedly change the consistency. Maybe u can just mix this with ure Suave conditioner. Im sure it will smell lovely and have equally positive effects.

ETA: If u Henna, u can always use the VO5 to create ure mix (if you're not going for color, that is). That is one way to get rid of it!

ITA. Keep in mind though that diluted honey (in conditoner/poo/etc) will lighten hair over time if in too high a ratio to the other ingredients in your mix.

Mrs.TheBronx

i love to add honey to my deep contion, but was un aware of the lighting effects it can have on your hair... whats too much?

ITA. Keep in mind though that diluted honey (in conditoner/poo/etc) will lighten hair over time if in too high a ratio to the other ingredients in your mix.

MonPetite

I have a recipe for a hair lightener that is natural and less damaging in my journals on my fotki. I can't remember it exactly but anything from it being 24% of your total ingredients or high can do it. Half and half definitely. It works pretty quickly too.

chebaby

thanks ladies. i will add a litle honey and JBCO to my suave but im still unsure about the vo5. i've never henna before and wouldnt even know where to start

chebaby

kinikakes i actually got the idea from your blog and was hoping you would chime in lol. thanx for the suggestion

kinikakes i actually got the idea from your blog and was hoping you would chime in lol. thanx for the suggestions

Eisani

I always add honey to my prepoo mixtures. I love Kinikakes prepoo recipe and add more honey than evoo to the mix. I also love to mix honey w/mashed avocado and coconut milk. To everything, actually. It leaves my hair so soft and it's a humectant. As far as it lightening the hair, I guess I'm not using enough to notice but my natural color is very light anyway so who knows...maybe that would explain why my hair is instantly back to blonde around the edges 4.56 seconds after coloring.

chebaby

I wanna hear how it turned out!!!! :yep:
actually i wont do it until tonight. i wont do it as a pre poo i will just add the JBCO and honey to my co wash. the problem is i dont know how much to add. my conditioners(suave coconut and the toasted vanilla) are both brand new bottles so i cant put it in the bottle. im thinking of just adding it in my hand or a seperate container. but i will let you know how it turns out tomorrow.
yaaaaayy KiniKakes responded. gurl you just dont know you are my hair inspiration and i stay on your blog

chebaby

update:
so last night i mixed suave tropical coconut conditioner in a bowl with a lot(dont know if this was bad or not) of honey and JBCO. it felt amazing on my hair. so much slip. sorry people but i dont get that with Vo5. when i steped out the shower my natural curls were beautiful. unfortunatly im thinking of ending my transition but i dont know yet. anyway i have the 150z bottle of tropical coconut but im gonna stock up on the 22oz bottles this weekend. i cant wait to try this with the vanilla floral.
the honey and jbco mix is a keeper for co wash. everyone should try it

thanx KiniKakes

frizzy

The only way I can use honey successfully is to melt it in hot water before adding it to anything. Do you guys do that too , or just mix it straight from the container?

chebaby

i just mixed mine straight from the container but i may try that too. but i wanted my conditioner to be super thick so melting it would have defeated the purpose i think

Ivonnovi

Bump, I just did a baking soda (low-poo) and followed up with a honey rinse.
:grin: On human hair microtwists. I hope it leaves (all) my hair soft and with a nice sheen.

For added moisture I'll use IC's Nighttime Moisture Recovery....spray sumthin'or another. (I'm too lazy to check for the right name right now)

myronnie

I've added honey to the strawberries and creme as a prepoo as well as the Suave coconut and they were great! It's worth a try for your hair!

Lucky's Mom

Been using honey in errthing forever. A Wonderful humectant

Heat up honey for 10 seconds in the microwave - and the lightening properties will not be effective.

LaPetiteCoquette

Been using honey in errthing forever. A Wonderful humectant

Heat up honey for 10 seconds in the microwave - and the lightening properties will not be effective.

Oh thanks for that tip! I use honey and JBCO in condish for my prepoos and cowashes, and so far so good. I love the way my hair feels after doing this.

SilentRuby

I love using honey, too...very moisturizing..

But wait, honey can't lighten hair? Please say yes. And if so, is it damaging?:look: