Hot Air Brush

MissMusic

It doesn't tear my hair out at all, I thought it would but the bristles remind me of my denman so I bought it anyway. It worked when I was natural and works just as well on relaxed hair (however I have Jlbere).

Mandy4610

For the ladies who have the Revlon brand, have you experience it pulling any of your hair out when you blow your roots?

Now I am wondering if I should have gotten the Babybliss one with the boar bristles? Or would I be ok being that I am only doing my roots?
Hey girl.. here is a pic of the one I have...I love the results it give, it is also very convenient when you are in a hurry after shampooing because it drys and styles at the same time...but, if you have relaxed hair you do not want to use it when you are a few wks post relaxer because it will break the hair at the line of dem. It is perfect when you don't have too much NG. I have never used it to blow out my roots, but I would suggest that you be very careful with that, so the relaxed hair does not break from the ng.
I mostly use the brush that is attached to the dryer in the pic, as you can see the bristles are plastic and they are wide spaced, when I use the other attachment, it doesn't do anything but break my hair and the bristles on it are too tight spaced which does not work for me.
Generally my hair does well with it even when I use it on high heat, I don't use it as much any more though, but I definitely like it. HTH

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I use one to blow out my roots sometimes. Be careful because that metal part gets so hot! I find it somewhat awkward to use sometimes because my hair gets tangled around that brush. It works pretty well for roller sets though.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
Ok, I'm going to have to retract my "me three".

After watching the video in the referenced thread and seeing that this thing gets hot enough to smoke I got a little nervous and looked up reviews on folica. There are quite a few negative reviews across the spectrum of products with the number one complaint being that hair gets tangled into the bristle holes and ripped out. The second major complaint is product defect (breaking/melting after a couple of uses).

zzirvingj

Ok, I'm going to have to retract my "me three".

After watching the video in the referenced thread and seeing that this thing gets hot enough to smoke I got a little nervous and looked up reviews on folica. There are quite a few negative reviews across the spectrum of products with the number one complaint being that hair gets tangled into the bristle holes and ripped out. The second major complaint is product defect (breaking/melting after a couple of uses).

Really? Oh no.......:blush:

angellazette

I have the Revlon one as well, mainly due to BlackCardinal's recommendations but I haven't put it to use yet.

ETA, dang it's been so long since I used it that I forgot I even used it lol According to an old post of mine, I used it once and apparently it worked well lol. I need to find that thing.

Last edited:

andavis

Hey Ladies! I used this a couple years ago and hair grew like crazy. Unfortunately, my sister took it.. Bought another one over Christmas at Walmart and purchased a second one at Walgreens. I love this thing! For those of you who are not coordinated like me to use both a blow dryer and roundbrush at the same time, this is for you.....You can view my results at http://public.fotki.com/andavis/blow-out-after-brai/11908/decphotoshots047.html.
I also have pics of my daughters blow out using this tool on wet hair...
It gets very hot but does a heck of a job on your roots. There is no snagging, minimal hair shedding, smoothness and lots of body.....

I suggest purchasing the Revlon Hot Air Brush with the bristles, not the brush.

Here is an image of my blowout without any products...

Last edited: