Hot oil treatment with Castor oil?

luvmesumhair

Has anyone done it before?

Please tell me your experience if so.

Thank you.

I searched and searched this forum to see if anyone discussed this and did not find any.:look:

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
I do one 2x a week, I use to do it with just straight castor oil, my scalp did a complete turn around. Now I mix it with coconut oil because it's easier for me to spread on my scalp.

luvmesumhair

I do one 2x a week, I use to do it with just straight castor oil, my scalp did a complete turn around. Now I mix it with coconut oil because it's easier for me to spread on my scalp.
Thank you Firstborn2. I was not sure if it was a good idea being that it is so thick.

How as it washing out? Did you find it hard being that it is so thick?

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
It rinses out well. I have no issue with that of course I do it in the shower, but it's like rinsing out any other oil. You should really try it, I started doing the castor hot oil at the beginning of January, and after doing the treatment 2x a week for six weeks I noticed that my scalp had done a complete turn around. I've also read somewhere that you shouldn't do hot oil treatments more then 2x a month:rolleyes:. I don't know why, my hair loves them and I will continue to do them as a part of my reggie every week.

ETA::: When I do my hot oil treatments I sit under a dyer with a plastic cap for 10 sometimes 15mins, it feels like butter afterwards.

Last edited:

luvmesumhair

It rinses out well. I have no issue with that of course I do it in the shower, but it's like rinsing out any other oil. You should really try it, I started doing the castor hot oil at the beginning of January, and after doing the treatment 2x a week for six weeks I noticed that my scalp had done a complete turn around. I've also read somewhere that you shouldn't do hot oil treatments more then 2x a month:rolleyes:. I don't know why, my hair loves them and I will continue to do them as a part of my reggie every week.

ETA::: When I do my hot oil treatments I sit under a dyer with a plastic cap for 10 sometimes 15mins, it feels like butter afterwards.
Ok. I will try it. Thank you.

JustSimplyTish

I use Castor Oil mixed with Coconut Oil and Aloe Vera Juice then I put a plastic cap over my hair and sit under the dryer for about 15 mins....My hair feels so soft afterwards