Hot Oil Treatments: A Rediscovery

ShiShiPooPoo

I went to Sally's this past weekend and bought all these hot oils. I used the Proclaim Aloe Sunday and I used the Queen Helene Jojoba tonight. I got it really warm and super-saturated my hair with it and concentrated it on the ends. I then mixed in my condish (a tip from Polly) and let it sit. After rinsing I put a little bit more warm oil on my ends.

A masterpiece I tell ya! My hair looks like liquid glass.

I also bought Aphogee oil and will heat that up too.

I'm about to be addicted to hot oil treatments.

What is YOUR favorite hot oil?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I went to Sally's this past weekend and bought all these hot oils. I used the Proclaim Aloe Sunday and I used the Queen Helene Jojoba tonight. I got it really warm and super-saturated my hair with it and concentrated it on the ends. I then mixed in my condish (a tip from Polly) and let it sit. After rinsing I put a little bit more warm oil on my ends.

A masterpiece I tell ya! My hair looks like liquid glass.

I also bought Aphogee oil and will heat that up too.

I'm about to be addicted to hot oil treatments.

What is YOUR favorite hot oil?

Girl, there you go Again ! With your Products and Discoveries and Revelations and Rediscoveries.:lachen:

So, I guess I'll be back at Sally's tomorrow:lachen:JK. I got oils right here at the Crib. So, I'll bust them out.:grin:

I got some Almond, Avacado,RoseHips, Castor, Vitamin E, Jojoba, Oil, Coconut, Sesame, Macadamian, Soy, Wheat Germ... You name it I got it. So....I'm straight.

But I've never used them in a Hot Oil.:scratchch Thanks

RMichelleM

i thought about doing hot oil treatments but...this is silly...i don't really know how to do it lol. do you shampoo after or condition after or just rinse it?

ShiShiPooPoo

Girl, there you go Again ! With your Products and Discoveries and Revelations and Rediscoveries.:lachen:

So, I guess I'll be back at Sally's tomorrow:lachen:JK. I got oils right here at the Crib. So, I'll bust them out.:grin:

I got some Almond, Avacado,RoseHips, Castor, Vitamin E, Jojoba, Oil, Coconut, Sesame, Macadamian, Soy, Wheat Germ... You name it I got it. So....I'm straight.

But I've never used them in a Hot Oil.:scratchch Thanks

Once I get going there's no stopping me until I run out of money.:lachen::look:

ShiShiPooPoo

i thought about doing hot oil treatments but...this is silly...i don't really know how to do it lol. do you shampoo after or condition after or just rinse it?

Polly (from PollyandCo.) put the idea in my head. I didn't give a second thought about hot oils or oils period because my hair is fine. I just shampoo, then heat up the oil, smooth it in, work it in, then add the conditioner, work that in, sit under the dryer for about 30 min. then rinse. It has made a difference in just the couple times I've done it this way. This is my new method for deep conditioning.:yep:

ceebee3

I use olive oil every 2 weeks. I heat it up and saturate my hair and put my plastic cap on. Sometimes I sit under the dryer for 15 minutes, then add a little conditioner and return to the dryer another 15. I rinse, then shampoo and deep condition.

I love olive oil. It really helps combat the dryness I get from dying my hair. If I don't have olive oil I'll use whatever I have-
Aphogee, tea tree, etc.

LaidBak

I love olive oil for HOTs. It just seems to sink right in. I use it for oil rinses and DCs as well. The way you use it sounds like the way I use it. Except I put the conditioner on before the oil.

danigurl18

I haven't done one of these in sooo long... need to do that tomorrow when I take the rest of these braids out...