Hot Oil Treatments vs. REAL HOT OIL Treatments

shellzfoshizzle

I have always known that Hot Oil treatments are good for the hair. I have even read on LHCF somewhere that someone does a hot oil treatment quite often and has noticed healthy hair=hair growth. Soooo, I went and bought some Suave Hot Oil treatments and used two tubes on my hair yesterday. I didn't notice a difference but I don't like the texture it left my hair in. So I'm starting all over and doing another wash and set. Except this time, I conditioned (Keracare Humecto) and this DRENCHED MY HAIR IN JOJOBA OIL. Drenched, Saturated, Dripping in oil...then I'll put a shower cap over it and sit under the dryer/do stuff.

How many of you all do this instead of using those hot oil treatments in a tube. It's not really oil though. I'd rather use a natural oil and cover my hair in it...is this better? Opinions please...

reformatio

Revenge of the Sith
I am not really sure if using a natural oil is better than using a store bought hot oil treatment. I do believe they produce similar results (having used both). I use a natural oil (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) because it has been proven to be beneficial for the hair. Some of the ingredients in the store bought hot oil treatments I am not sure of their benefits... In addition, natural oils are usually far less expensive.

G

I don't know if they are better. I think they are about the same. I use Safflower seed oil because a huge bottle of it is only 3 bucks at Big Lots and I heard it's more penetrating because the molecules are smaller. I am not sure about that, but it works.

Angelicus

I use whatever is around because I am a PJ: Soybean oil, crisco, proclaim 7 oil, hot six, coconut oil. They are all cheap and help my hair from feeling stripped from shampoo. I use them weekly.

I'd like to try the Brilliant Blond Hot Oil next week from Big Lots because it's cheap /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Height

[ QUOTE ]
shellzfoshizzle said:
I have always known that Hot Oil treatments are good for the hair. I have even read on LHCF somewhere that someone does a hot oil treatment quite often and has noticed healthy hair=hair growth. Soooo, I went and bought some Suave Hot Oil treatments and used two tubes on my hair yesterday. I didn't notice a difference but I don't like the texture it left my hair in. So I'm starting all over and doing another wash and set. Except this time, I conditioned (Keracare Humecto) and this DRENCHED MY HAIR IN JOJOBA OIL. Drenched, Saturated, Dripping in oil...then I'll put a shower cap over it and sit under the dryer/do stuff.

How many of you all do this instead of using those hot oil treatments in a tube. It's not really oil though. I'd rather use a natural oil and cover my hair in it...is this better? Opinions please...

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did you buy jojoba oil that you can drench your hair in? It's so expensive.

PrettyBrownEyes

A really good store bought Hot Oil Treatment is the V05 Shower Works Moisturizing self-heating oil, following the instructions on the package!

I've done pre-shampoo treatments with Jojoba Oil with good results.

Peachtree

[ QUOTE ]
PrettyBrownEyes said:
A really good store bought Hot Oil Treatment is the V05 Shower Works Moisturizing self-heating oil, following the instructions on the package!

I've done pre-shampoo treatments with Jojoba Oil with good results.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also use VO5 Shower Works. It didn't do much on my relaxed hair. It's very penetrating on my natural hair. It does a really good job at keeping my frizz at a minimum. I use it maybe once per month.

I've used natural oils...jojoba, avocado, grapeseed, olive, & a few others. I recvd the same results with my relaxed hair...I haven't tried them on my natural hair.

G

I love that Shower works self heating oil. It's feels so warm and tingly.

Anky, stop saying BIG LOTS... I love going there to pick up odd little things. I bought a huge bottle of Safflower Oil there for very cheap.

LB_Williams

My dear shellzfoshizzle, just so you know, you have been inspirational. I am writing this thank you while giving myself and hot castor/almond oil treatment. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

hairlover

[ QUOTE ]
zanzibardotcom said:
[ QUOTE ]
shellzfoshizzle said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did you buy jojoba oil that you can drench your hair in? It's so expensive.

[/ QUOTE ]
i bought my jojoba oil from ebay. it was really cheap even with shipping. /images/graemlins/cheers.gif

Boadicea

I use EVOO and like it best for hot oil treatment. I find with store-bought ones, my hair doesn't feel the same afterwards. It either feels coated or dried than with natural oil.