Hot Oil Treatments-Winter Care

lonei

Hi ladies, i use to do them b4 every wash so that the poo isnt too harsh on my hair. But as its winter I'm considering doing them after I poo and con. E.G. I will put some keracare essential oils in and go under the steamer for 5 mins. Do you think this will leave my hair too heavy once its washed out? I plan to detangle with giovanni direct and rollerset with water and then flat iron with frizz be gone. Does this sound ok? How do you do yours and why? Thanks

sareca

Sunday I did a hot amla oil treatment, rinsed with water, then with amla tea, and applied Salerm. No poo at all. I do that once a week the day after a poo. My hair doesn't like shampoo so I'm always anxious to get my oil back in there.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I always do hot oil treatments before I shampoo. I use Kemi Oyl or Proclaim Natural 7 Oil. I heat the oil up, apply it to my hair, and put on a plastic cap for a few hours. After that I just rinse it out, and shampoo and condition as usual.

dlewis

I recently started doing a hot oil treatment after I condition, and it does leave my hair feeling a little heavy, but it feel so healthy.

ryanshope

I am a firm believer in hot oil treatments..especially in the winter...I use amla oil, olive oil, castor oil and jojoba oil, mixed with rosemary oil warm the oil in the microwave for 30 seconds shake and put on a conditioning cap. I will then shower and use a castille shampoo to remove the oil, rinse with acv..

lonei

dlewis said:
I recently started doing a hot oil treatment after I condition, and it does leave my hair feeling a little heavy, but it feel so healthy.

I think I may just have to ignore the heavy feeling and go for it because I'm more concern about health....Anyone else do one last? What are your results?

lonei

aloha_bef said:
Would doing a hot oil treatment with braids cause too much build up?

Do you mean extensions? If so it may cause some build up depending on how many you do and how many other products you use, but it may also help nourish the the hair whilst in the extensions, just make sure you rinse well...

Candy_C

sareca said:
Sunday I did a hot amla oil treatment, rinsed with water, then with amla tea, and applied Salerm. No poo at all. I do that once a week the day after a poo. My hair doesn't like shampoo so I'm always anxious to get my oil back in there.

it really is all about the amla.

lenoi...not many people like the smell of this oil but its really the best pre-poo in tha worllllddds

sareca - my hair also loves oils {coconut mixed with almond), but it HaS to be on water spritz hair 4 me..and over the course of the week my hair looks more juicy and moisturized (lol @ juicy, its just the way people have described my hair...its not an oil slick tho)