Hot oil treatments with Castor Oil

Adaj

Is there anyone who uses castor oil for their hot oil treatments? What were the results. Also, I have searched the boards to find out exactly how you do a hot oil treatment. How do you do it? Do you just pour it all over your head and sit with it for awhile? I'm sorry, I know it may be a dumb question to some:perplexed, but I really would like to know the answer! thanks!

Austro-Afrikana

I use a mix of Castor oil, sunflower oil, rosemary oil, olive oil and vitamin e oil. I heat it up for 10seconds in the microwave and apply to my hair and scalp, do four big plaits, wrap it in cling film and then either leave it over night or put a heating cap on for a couple of hours before washing and conditioning.(i do this on dry hair)
I have been using it for a few months and i have No dandruff, thicker hair, softer new growth. I can't go without it.

Adaj

I use a mix of Castor oil, sunflower oil, rosemary oil, olive oil and vitamin e oil. I heat it up for 10seconds in the microwave and apply to my hair and scalp, do four big plaits, wrap it in cling film and then either leave it over night or put a heating cap on for a couple of hours before washing and conditioning.(i do this on dry hair)
I have been using it for a few months and i have No dandruff, thicker hair, softer new growth. I can't go without it.

so you are pouring it on your head? how much to use?

Keen

I also saturate my hair with castor oil the night before I wash. I haven't use it for hot oil treatment though

SmartyPants

Is there anyone who uses castor oil for their hot oil treatments? What were the results. Also, I have searched the boards to find out exactly how you do a hot oil treatment. How do you do it? Do you just pour it all over your head and sit with it for awhile? I'm sorry, I know it may be a dumb question to some:perplexed, but I really would like to know the answer! thanks!

I do this once a week as a pre-poo.

I zap it in the microwave for 10 seconds, use an applicator to put it on my scalp/hair, put a plastic cap on, and sit under the dryer for 30 mins. Then I proceed with my normal wash/conditioning regimen.

Tyra

I do this once a week as a pre-poo.

I zap it in the microwave for 10 seconds, use an applicator to put it on my scalp/hair, put a plastic cap on, and sit under the dryer for 30 mins. Then I proceed with my normal wash/conditioning regimen.
When you use it as a pre-poo what are the results?
What are the benefits?
I've been trying to think of a way to somehow fit it into my regimen but I don't want to have it on my scalp daily.
TIA.

RedVelvet310

I tried it, but it got so greasy and messy it's not for me so now I use coconut oil and keep my castor oil for AFTER the shampoo and condish (as a sealer)

SmartyPants

When you use it as a pre-poo what are the results?
What are the benefits?
I've been trying to think of a way to somehow fit it into my regimen but I don't want to have it on my scalp daily.
TIA.

I find that it makes my hair much softer and much easier to deal with during the wash process. I use a Bee Mine/MT or Bee Mine/OCT mix on my hair everyday. Doing the castor oil hot oil treatment as a pre-poo allows me to stretch my relaxers a little longer with all that treacherous new growth.