Hot oil treatments? with conditioners?

Mahalialee4

How many are doing hot oil treatments separately and how often? How many are doing deep conditioners and incorporating the oils into the conditioners? What kind of hot oil treatments (if any) do you do? and is this your prewash routine? /images/graemlins/wink.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

NAY007

i just started doing the hot oil treatments again. i got lazy for a little while /images/graemlins/blush.gif
i do them once a week. i heat the oil and only put the length of my hair in a bowl filled with warm/hot olive oil. i leave it in as long as possible. then i use my regular shampoo and then condition.
i do not do the hot oil treatment on a day i would use my clarifying shampoo. that would kind of defeat the purpose. the days i use my clarifying shampoo are also the days i do a deep conditioning. but then i think i always deep condition (if i have the time.)
nay /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

LondonDiva

I sometimes do my hot oil and deep conditioners together at the same time. I use the Queen Helene Cholesterol hot oil combined with the ORS Hair mayo. I've only done it a few times and in between I'm experimenting with doing my CPR and ORS Hair Mayo conditioners without heat to see if I get better results (which I do) so my next hair experiment will be with the hot oil and Hair mayo combo without the heat.

I'm tempted to use a lil of that hot oil as a leave in, I like it A LOT.

Paris Belle

Well, I've always done hot oil treatments with deep condition every wash and set (which is once a week for me). I used to use the Jojoba/Tea Tree Oil hot oil treatments I found in the store, but once after running out I used olive oil and found that I liked it better. For the first time today, I combined the olive oil with honey and I loved it!!! I would highly recommend this.

I haven't combined any oils with my deep conditioners as yet because I use CPR (Motions) which already has a lot of herbs in it. I might add it to the Motions Moisture Plus on my next wash to see how that works. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

vevster

I think I will use the Ors hair mayo as pretreat from now on...it is too heavy when used after shampooing.

Paris Belle

That sounds really interesting. I didn't like the ORS Hair Mayonnaise on my hair. I found that it dried my hair out later. /images/graemlins/mad.gif Please tell us how that works for your hair.

CarmenRose,

How does adding honey to the oil improve the treatment? Does the hair feel/look different than when not using honey? also do you use the regular honey bought at grocery stores?

Thanks! Sorry for all the q's /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Paris Belle

I read somewhere (and I don't know where) that honey is good for the hair. I found this hot oil treatment in a hair recipe list someone emailed me.

Anyway, it is in my hair at the present moment. I noticed that the combination of the olive oil and honey produces a slightly thicker oil. I didn't put it in equal parts. You're supposed to use 2 tbsp of olive oil and 1 tbsp of honey.

I also noticed that it really went into the scalp more, really conditioning the scalp and hair. I will repost after I finish my hair, and tell you all how it is when it is dry. But I can tell you now that it is much more moisturized than it was before.

Also, the oils (both honey and olive) were warm (room temp.) before I applied them and then I sat under the dryer for 20 minutes. I hope that helps.

The honey I purchased was Golden Blossom Pure Honey (store bought) and the olive oil was Goya Pure Olive Oil.

sweetcocoa

I mix olive oil with my CPR and aloe vera oil with Fantasia IC deep penetrating cream then sit under the dryer. This works better for me than just a plain hot oil treatment.

Ebony

to be honest, i never quite understood the difference between a hot oil treatment and a deep conditioning. i always felt they were the same, except you're either using a creme with oil in it or straight oil. i use the ors with olive oil overnight once every two weeks. i'm also thinking about using cholesterol? with olive oil as a switch up every month or two.

Paris Belle

That's true. I think sometimes, hot oil treatments are done as a deep conditioning or a pre-shampoo treatment. I usually use them as a pre-shampoo treatment, but others use them as a deep condition. I guess, it can be either or.. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

hairfanatic

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
How many are doing hot oil treatments separately and how often?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mahalialee4,

I haven't done one in so long my hair is probably screaming for some Olive Oil! /images/graemlins/grin.gif I have just been so caught up in life, but your post is a reminder for me to get back on the ball. Thanks girl! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ennyaa

I usually do one of them (and sometimes both) once a week. I most often use Hot Six Oil (and Glovers on the scalp) and sit under the dryer with a plastic cap for a while before I wash. Then do a deep conditioner under the dryer (again with a cap) after I wash. Then rinse.

I should be receiving my Essential oils that I ordered last week in a few days. As well as some Indian oils. I will start switching up and using those for my oil treatments as soon as they arrive.