Hot oil Treatments

Bronxbaby87

do yall do hot oil treatments before you shampoo and condition your hair or after? the way i did it in the past was shampoo, condition and then hot oil. what is the proper order this should be done in?

asha

Hello,

I am not sure what the proper order for hot oil treatments are but I usually do a hot oil treatment before I shampoo. I leave it in for 30 minutes with heat or I will leave it in overnight and wash in the morning. I still oil my ends after I wash, however.

Catt

honeycomb719

I just did one today and I didn't know it was a proper order to do them in. I washed, conditioned then did the hot oil tx last. I've done it both ways and my results are always the same

Jade21

I think the "correct" order is whatever way works best for you. You should try it both ways and compare results.

Personally, I always do mine as a pre-shampoo treatment. Results are best for me this way.

It's a great question because I think a lot of people are wondering with the newer "Hair Masques (Masks)". Some say to use as pre-shampoo treatment and other say to use after you have washed much like a deep conditioner.

I was reading an issue of Allure magazine lately and found it curious that they suggested doing a deep conditioner after washing, and THEN re-condition with your regular conditioner. I have never done that.

Cheers,

Jade

caramelbarbie

<font color="blue"> I use oil before I shampoo. I heat it up and add rosemary. Then put some on my ends...then I add some peppermint and add some to my scalp. Then I leave it on for about 30mins. </font>

foxybronx

I think hotoils can be done both ways, but i have found that a hot oil before a shampoo has worked the best. I put a mixture of oils on my damp hair (my hair absorbs better damp) and sit under a plastic cap without heat for a couple of hours or with my heating cap for 30-60 min. I have had GREAT results doing hot oil treatments (soft moisturized hair). HTH