Hot oil treatments

bee

Hi ladies! I'm trying to convince my daughters (16 & 14) that hot oil treatments are beneficial for the hair. The only problem is I don't know it what way. I remember in high school, a girl had this long wild hair and when I asked her what her secret was, she said it was hot oil treatments.

Help me ladies they are both experiencing extreme dryness and I notice some breakage too.

BTW, what oils would you recommend?

foxybrownsugar

bee said:
Hi ladies! I'm trying to convince my daughters (16 & 14) that hot oil treatments are beneficial for the hair. The only problem is I don't know it what way. I remember in high school, a girl had this long wild hair and when I asked her what her secret was, she said it was hot oil treatments.

Help me ladies they are both experiencing extreme dryness and I notice some breakage too.

BTW, what oils would you recommend?
It sounds like they don't like to fuss with their hair. Some ppl don't like sitting under the dryer or warming in the microwave either (like my sis). Vo5 makes a strengthing and a moisturizing hot oil treatment that are used in the shower. They are very quick treatments.hth

A hot oil treatment is good for dry hair because it lubricates the strands.

A good oil to use is Evoo, warm it up put it on the hair and cover with a plastic cap for 15 minutes, or you can sit under the dryer. Even better you can put the oil on hair and sleep with a plastic cap overnight.

morehairplease

IntelligenceisBeautiful said:
A hot oil treatment is good for dry hair because it lubricates the strands.

A good oil to use is Evoo, warm it up put it on the hair and cover with a plastic cap for 15 minutes, or you can sit under the dryer. Even better you can put the oil on hair and sleep with a plastic cap overnight.

I plan on doing this the next time I wash my hair!:) One question:if I wanted to do a deep conditioning treatment as well should I do it before or after the hot oil treatment? Or should I wait til my next poo day to do either of the two?
tia

tishee said:
I plan on doing this the next time I wash my hair!:) One question:if I wanted to do a deep conditioning treatment as well should I do it before or after the hot oil treatment? Or should I wait til my next poo day to do either of the two?
tia

T,

you can do a treatment before or after you poo, I usuallly do it before or you can add the oil to your deep conditioner before you sit under the dryer. HTH

morehairplease

IntelligenceisBeautiful said:
T,

you can do a treatment before or after you poo, I usuallly do it before or you can add the oil to your deep conditioner before you sit under the dryer. HTH

thanks IntelligenceisBeautiful!:)

Faith

It's funny I went back to hot oil treatments after a few months not doing them. And I went back because my hair was getting drier and frizzier. I can tell the difference already. I prefer EVOO.