• Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters

Chameleonchick

Yes, it's detox. You can take something for the headaches, or scale back a little and work your way up. Initial detox symptoms will also make you feel like you are coming down with the flu. Drinking plenty of water does help. Hope you feel better soon.

Thank you, I hope so. So should I stay at 10 until I feel better?

mariofmagdal

Thank you, I hope so. So should I stay at 10 until I feel better?

Honestly, if you can take something and ride out the detox that would be better. But, if you try taking something for the headaches and you just can't bear it, then go down to at least half the dosage until your body gets used to having it in your system, then go up from there.

I hope this helps. Welcome to the world of GREEN!

Prosperity711

I haven't read through all of this but I am getting headaches. I have only been taking for the past two days and I have had headaches since yesterday. I drink plenty of water, a minimum of 4- 22 oz bottles of water a day. I am active I just don't understand The first day I took 15 200mg tabs, and today I took 10 200mg tabs just incase I started with too much, but yeah I still have the headaches. Is this normal?

I experienced the same thing when I started, I was taking 3 1000 mil per day and had the worst headache :perplexed no matter what I took it would not go away for days, so I took less for a while, the headaches got better, I'm still playing around with the dosage, if I take 3 grams a day I make sure to split it up throughout the day, some days I take 1 gram and sometimes 2, but I don't take more then one 1000 pill at a time, I have the 1000 mil bottle.

Hope you feel better.

Chameleonchick

I experienced the same thing when I started, I was taking 3 1000 mil per day and had the worst headache :perplexed no matter what I took it would not go away for days, so I took less for a while, the headaches got better, I'm still playing around with the dosage, if I take 3 grams a day I make sure to split it up throughout the day, some days I take 1 gram and sometimes 2, but I don't take more then one 1000 pill at a time, I have the 1000 mil bottle.

Hope you feel better.

Thanks, because these headaches are no joke.

Blaque*Angel

I'm about to buy Chlorella/Spirulina pills....I think I'll take Chlorella only for 1-2 months maybe twice a year if my body responds well with it...most detox methods are usually no more than 30 days and I've seen a few that are longer...but since Chlorella is used to detox, why are some people taking it for months/years?...or does the dosage play a big part in detoxing?

You only detox for the first few weeks, I have been taking it for over a year and will continue for life.

It helps my body rid toxins, stay alkaline, my skin is beautiful and I love the energy I get from my greens.
These are the only food supplements I will continue to take for life.

Thicker hair is just a bonus, I take it for all over body health :yep: :)

Blaque*Angel

I haven't read through all of this but I am getting headaches. I have only been taking for the past two days and I have had headaches since yesterday. I drink plenty of water, a minimum of 4- 22 oz bottles of water a day. I am active I just don't understand The first day I took 15 200mg tabs, and today I took 10 200mg tabs just incase I started with too much, but yeah I still have the headaches. Is this normal?

Cut back on your dose a little bit,*(maybe 5 tabs)* see how you go for two weeks, then bring your dose higher.

mariofmagdal

I'm about to buy Chlorella/Spirulina pills....I think I'll take Chlorella only for 1-2 months maybe twice a year if my body responds well with it...most detox methods are usually no more than 30 days and I've seen a few that are longer...but since Chlorella is used to detox, why are some people taking it for months/years?...or does the dosage play a big part in detoxing?

Detox is a benefit. Spr/Chl are Superfoods, consider them like a food/snack not a supplement. There are people who chew on the pills all day long, and even those who consume a whopping 70g per day. :blush: There are so many benefits of taking them.

People regulate their dosage according to their body's sensitivity, and or tolerance of the detox symptoms. 3g-6g is good. 12g is great for medicinal purposes, and those who just want more benefits, added protection so to speak.

Hope you enjoy being GREEN.

guudhair

Thanks ladies...mine should arrive today...I ordered two months worth of both (Spr/Chl)...hopefully I will notice a difference within the first month....is it okay to take liquid chlorophyll with it?...I still have two full bottles left that I need to get rid of.

For those of you who experienced a breakout when you started taking these, how long did it last?...I'm taking a vacation in April and don't want a face full of bumps :nono:

Last edited:

Blaque*Angel

Thanks ladies...mine should arrive today...I ordered two months worth of both (Spr/Chl)...hopefully I will notice a difference within the first month....is it okay to take liquid chlorophyll with it?...I still have two full bottles left that I need to get rid of.

For those of you who experienced a breakout when you started aking these, how long did it last?...I'm taking a vacation in April and don't want a face full of bumps :nono:

It has high amounts of chlorophyll, So I do not think more will be needed.
I did not get any break outs, As i tripled my water intake in the very beginning.

Enjoy your vacation :)

curali

I drink a gallon, plus 32 more ozs every day, and now, I've added DE.

My left hand has amazing nails, but no growth on my right:(

Sleeping better, more energy.

guudhair

I know these are considered superfood but are yall taking these with or without a meal?...are yall taking both (Chl/Spr) at the same time?...which one do I need to gradually increase the dosage?...I'm starting this morning.

Blaque*Angel

I drink a gallon, plus 32 more ozs every day, and now, I've added DE.

My left hand has amazing nails, but no growth on my right:(

Sleeping better, more energy.

lol, my nails on my left hand are much nicer than on my right hand too, i think because we use our left hands less?

Blaque*Angel

I know these are considered superfood but are yall taking these with or without a meal?...are yall taking both (Chl/Spr) at the same time?...which one do I need to gradually increase the dosage?...I'm starting this morning.

I take them both together atleast 15 minutes before food.
You need to gradually increase the dosage of both, start of with the lowest amount you can take and work your way up. :)

guudhair

Is anyone only taking 3g (6 pills/500 mg each) a day and seeing results?...that's the recommended dosage on my bottles and it seems like everyone is taking a lot more...I only took two of each (Chl/Spr) today and will go up to the recommended dose tomorrow...maybe three in the am and three in the afternoon...

Also, is everyone lossing weight?...I'm trying to gain weight and can't afford to loss any...

Last edited:

Prosperity711

Is anyone only taking 3g (6 pills/500 mg each) a day and seeing results?...that's the recommended dosage on my bottles and it seems like everyone is taking a lot more...I only took two of each (Chl/Spr) today and will go up to the recommended dose tomorrow...maybe three in the am and three in the afternoon...

Also, is everyone lossing weight?...I'm trying to gain weight and can't afford to loss any...

I take 3g per day, I have 1000 mg pills, I haven't lost any weight, I wish I had!! only been taking them close to a month I did stop for a few days here and there, I take both chl/spr I usually take them in the morning together, and then in the afternoon I take another chl. It usually take my body awhile to show benefits, but I do feel the energy, now sure if it is from both, when I just take spirulina I still feel the energy.

curali

Mariofmagdal,

Will do.

I put 2 Heaping TBSPs in 32 oz. jug of water, put the lid on it, shake it up and drink it first thing in the morning.

I refill and drink and repeat until I've consumed 1 Gallon.

So far, so good. But I caught a nasty cold(have not had one in years:() so I don't know if this is detox or not.

guudhair

Anyone taking maca with these two?...if so, how much?...pills, liquid, or powder?...what brand?

Last edited:

Vintageglam

I've been taking the Chlorella (in powder form) for a month now. I've noticed I have so much energy since taking it. The taste does not bother me at all. I am going to be introducing spirulina next month.

what brand you taking Z and how much?

Also what brands you other London ladies taking?

TIA :grin:

Vintageglam

Has anyone tried the following green superfood it sounds amazing like a complete multivitamin or something and has a good amount of spirulina, iron and MSM among other vitamins !!! :scratchin:

http://www.iherb.com/Greens-Today-Organic-Frog-Joint-Formula-15-9-oz-450-g/8166?at=0

Description

* Superfood for Daily Joint Support
* 2,575 mg Glucosamine Sulfate & 1,000 mg MSM per serving
* New French Vanilla Flavor
* May Reduce the Risk of Heart Disease
* 72 Powerful Superfoods
* Plus Hydrolyzed Collagen, Chondroitin, Cat's Claw, Boswellia, Devil's Claw, Curcumin, Evening Primrose and More!
* Lab Tested & Approved for Potency
* Guaranteed for Purity
* Dietary Supplement

Greens Today Joint Formula is an Unsurpassed, Advanced Phyto-Nutrient Rich Superfood which contains 72 uniquely combined nutraceutical ingredients plus Glucosamine, Chondroitin, Cat's Claw, Boswellin, Curcumin, Poly-Nag and so much more! Greens Today Joint Formula includes: Powerful Antioxidants, Digestive Enzymes, Plant Fibers, Probiotics, Nutrient Co-Factors, Cell Pigments, Essential Fatty Acids (Omega 3 & 6), naturally occurring Whole Food Source Vitamins & Macro and Trace Minerals that work synergistically to provide optimally balanced nutritional support from enzymatically active and alive foods instead of synthetically made vitamin pills.

Greens Today Joint Formula is designed specifically to help strengthen cartilage, connective tissues and maintain healthy joint functions & to help support those who want a Health Promoting, Energizing, Cleansing, Immune Enhancing, Alkaline Promoting, Complete Nutritional Supplement.

Greens Today Joint Formula provides these powerful bioactive Phyto-Nutrients: Curcuminoids, Lycopene, Zeaxanthin, Cryptoxanphin, Lutein, Sulforaphane, Ellagic Acid, Carotenoids, Isothiocyanates and Indole 3 Carbinols.

"3 grams of oat bran soluble fiber daily, in a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol, may reduce the risk of heart disease." Greens Today Joint Formula contains 3 grams per serving.
Suggested Use

Take Green Today Joint Formula once or twice daily on an empty/light stomach. Pour 8-12 oz of water, juice, soy, rice or almond milk into a shaker container (Here at The Organic Frog, we like to shake it up in water!). Add in portion recommended with enclosed measured scoop. Cover, shake well, and enjoy!

Adults: 2 scoops.

Children over 12: 1 scoop.

We suggest you drink 6-8 glasses of pure water daily.
Supplement Facts

Superfood Ingredients (Formulated with organically grown Earthrise Spirulina) Each 30,000 mg. serving of this proprietary formula contains the following.
Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 2 scoops (30g/1.06 oz)
Servings Per Container: 15
Amount Per Serving % DV
Calories 60
Calories from fat 0
Total Fat <1 g 0%
Saturated Fat 0 0%
Cholesterol 0 0%
Sodium 120 mg 5%
Potassium 900 mg 25%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g 3%
Dietary Fiber 5 g 20%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A (beta carotene) 5000 IU 100%
Vitamin C (buffered) 100 mg 166%
Vitamin D 400 IU 100%
Natural Vitamin E (mixed tocopherols) 200 IU 666%
Vitamin B1 (thiamine) 3 mg 200%
Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) 2 mg 118%
Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) 5 mg 250%
Niacin 20 mg 100%
Pantothenic Acid 10 mg 100%
Folic Acid 400 mcg 100%
Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin) 25 mcg 417%
Biotin 300 mcg 100%
Calcium (carbonate, citrate, malate) 625 mg 63%
Iron (organically bound) 4.5 mg 25%
Iodine (as kelp) 150 mcg 100%
Magnesium (as citrate) 250 mg 63%
Zinc (organically bound) 15 mg 100%
Selenium (as L-Selenomethionine) 70 mcg 100%
Copper (as gluconate) 2 mg 100%
Manganese (chelated) 260 mg 64%
Chromium (picolinate) 250 mcg 208%
Molybdenum (as molybdate) 75 mcg 100%
Phosphorus 50 mg 5%
Potassium (as citrate) 375 mg 11%
Boron (as citrate & gluconate) 1 mg *
Vanadium 50 mcg *
Oat Bran Concentrate 3000 mg *
Glucosamine Sulfate 2KC1 2575 mg *
*Earthrise Spirulina 1600 mg *
Soy Lecithin (oil free/95% phosphatides) 1400 mg *
Hydrolyzed Collagen 1000 mg *
MSM (methylsulfonyl methane) 1000 mg *
Apple Fiber (pectin/cellulose) 1000 mg *
Jerusalem Artichoke Powder 750 mg *
Chondroitin Sulfate 500 mg *
Dairy-Free Probiotics: Lactobacillus Acidophilus (DDS-1) 250 mil *
Lactobacillus Bulgaricus 250 mil *
** Lactospore (B. coagulans) 250 mil *
Bifidobacterium Bifidus 250 mil *
Alfalfa Grass Juice Powder 350 mg *
Barley Grass Juice Powder 350 mg *
Wheat Grass Juice Powder 350 mg *
Carob 350 mg *
Brown Rice Bran (source of tocotrienols) 350 mg *
Flax Seed Meal (source of lignans) 350 mg *
Chlorella (cracked cell-wall) 300 mg *
FOS (fructo-oligosaccharides) 250 mg *
Evening Primrose Oil (Powder) (rich source of GLA) 250 mg *
Devil's Claw 200 mg *
Acerola Berry Juice Powder 150 mg *
Red Beet Juice Powder 125 mg *
Wild Imported Rose Hips 125 mg *
**Boswellin (boswellia serata ext.) 100 mg *
Feverfew (std. ext) 100 mg *
White Willow Bark 100 mg *
Licorice Root Powder 100 mg *
Spinach Leaf Powder 100 mg *
Eleutherococcus Senticosus 80 mg *
Plant Based Digestive Enzymes 75 mg *
(Protease, Amylase, Lipase, Cellulase, Lactase, Bromelain, Papain)
**** Poly-Nag 50 mg *
Bromelain 2000 GDU 50mg *
Curcumin 50 mg *
Ginger (std. ext.) 50 mg *
Cats Claw (std. ext.) 50 mg *
Grape Seed (std. ext. 90%) 50 mg *
Astragalus Membranaceus 50 mg *
Royal Jelly (6% 10H2DA) 50 mg *
*** Cholestatin (rich source of beta sitosterol) 50 mg *
Pau D'arco Powder 35 mg *
Fo Ti Powder (Ho Shou Wu) 35 mg *
Red Dulse Powder 35 mg *
Milk Thistle (std. ext 80%) 35 mg *
Dandelion Root Powder 35 mg *
Hawthorne Berry (std. ext. 4:1) 35 mg *
Spanish Bee Pollen 25 mg *
Ginger Root Powder 25 mg *
Burdock Root Powder 25 mg *
Reishi Mushroom 25 mg *
Silica 25 mg *
Echinacea Angustifolia (std. ext) 25 mg *
Slippery Elm Bark 25 mg *
Alpha-Lipoic Acid 10 mg *
Maitake Mushroom 10 mg *
Ginkgo Biloba (std. ext. 24% 6%) 10 mg *
Shiitake Mushroom 10 mg *
Pine Bark Extract 10 mg *
Japanese Green Tea (source of catechins) 10 mg *
Norwegian Sea Kelp 10 mg *
Bilberry (std. ext. 25%) 10 mg *
Horsetail (std. ext. source of silica) 10 mg *
CoQ10 1 mg *
Octacosanol 1 mg *
In a base of :
Carrot Powder, Tangerine Bioflavonoids, Tomato Powder, Kale Powder, Cherry Juice Powder, Broccoli Powder, Fructose, Stevia, and Natural French Vanilla.
*Daily Value not established.
Other Ingredients

Green Today Joint Formula is Gluten Free and contains:

No dairy; no wheat, no corn, no artificial color, no artificial flavors, no synthetic chemicals, no preservatives, no MSG, no lactose, no sucrose, no dextrose, no egg, no cholesterol, no yeast, and no added salt.
Warnings

Tamper proof outer seal. Do not use if broken or removed!

Refrigerate after opening & use within 90 days!

Last edited:

Nameless

Also what brands you other London ladies taking?

I take this one:

I started on Monday. It's in tablet form. It says that I have to take 4-6 a day with food for the first week and then 4-6 on an empty stomach from week 2.
I don't mind but something about it looks bootleg but I'll try it until I finish the pack and if there's no difference then I'll try another brand.

Has anyone tried this one?

cocoagirl

so I started taking Chlorella, just a teaspoon full mixed with a fruit shake. My stomach would hurt but I figured it was b/c I was introducing something new. Well a few weeks ago I made another shake and this time I vomited. Perhaps I needed to have eaten more food as I read OP's post on that...has anyone else vomited with taking chlorella and if so how did you overcome? I am taking Yaeyama....

caringangel

I started taking 3 chlorella immediately and the second day I had bad stomach cramps. I backed off and took 1 for 3 days, increased to 2 for 3 days, then 3. Now I take 6 a day and I added spirolina 7G today.

At first I noticed more energy, and drifting to a deep sleep (like I was in a coma) at night, and the huge bump on my chin started to go away.

Since then I noticed my hands don't go numb at night, which they used to every night. And the pain in my toes (caused by prediabetes) is gone. I am not green yet, I probably will be after starting the spirolina today.

I think I'm in for life.

Chameleonchick

I feel great now. No more headaches and I started my kids on them too. They are not taking nearly as much as I am but I sure a little will help. They taste good like nori, which they love to eat anyways so it fits in perfect. I also have been taking spirulina for I don't know almost a year and did not know I could chew that too. Tastes a little stronger than chlorella but my oldest(4) can tolerate it.

madamdot

I am up to 17 grams/day. No detox symptoms. I am slowly decreasing my HC. I cant wait until i dont have to take it anymore. But the chlorella is really keeping me steady.

No weight loss :(

nc cutie

I am up to 17 grams/day. No detox symptoms. I am slowly decreasing my HC. I cant wait until i dont have to take it anymore. But the chlorella is really keeping me steady.

No weight loss :(

Wow! 17 grams. That's great. I had to start back over.:wallbash:
I was too lazy to go back to the store. So I am back at
three grams slowly working my way back up to 12.

I got my Dr. Mercola chlorella today. It says take 15 pills daily and that is 3 grams of chlorella. Are u guys saying to at least quadruple that for maximize benefits?