Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters

Daina

it smells awful I know it probably taste like fishy dirt lol

@SlimPickinz and that is why I take the pills. The slight after taste on the pills is bad enough I can't imagine having to choke down the powder. Love the benefits though, my new growth has come in really thick and I am finally getting my Elvis side burns back!

SlimPickinz

Summer where are you?
@SlimPickinz and that is why I take the pills. The slight after taste on the pills is bad enough I can't imagine having to choke down the powder. Love the benefits though, my new growth has come in really thick and I am finally getting my Elvis side burns back!
Yea but I want to up my dosage & it's just not possible with the pills.

beingofserenity

it smells awful I know it probably taste like fishy dirt lol

I see that you are set on taking the powder, but I wouldn't do it either. I also went for the powder form because I wanted to have a good dosage, and after a year or two of trying but failing to use, I finally tossed it in the trash because I couldn't stomach it.

Daina

You sound like a strong woman. :rofl: I'm a weakling who gags at the smell of melted cheese. Hopefully I can get with the taste.

Good luck, I don't have a weak stomach and just couldn't do it. How many pills per day were you taking? I'm currently at 4.

Kimbosheart

Wow, I was just thinking about this thread. I used to be in here all the time. I'm back on Chlorella now and trying to get up to 5grams a day. I think at one point in this thread I was up to 9-10grams per day because I was taking the powder and I read the dosage incorrectly. I should go back and look at my old posts for inspiration.

Kiadodie

Wow, I was just thinking about this thread. I used to be in here all the time. I'm back on Chlorella now and trying to get up to 5grams a day. I think at one point in this thread I was up to 9-10grams per day because I was taking the powder and I read the dosage incorrectly. I should go back and look at my old posts for inspiration.

What good did it do for you?

Kimbosheart

What good did it do for you?

I remember that my nails were beautiful. Long, think and clear like glass. My facial hair was out of control. My eyelashes were longer and my brows were ridiculous, like caterpillars. I did experience hair growth but that's not why I started taking it again. I went through a faux flu like detox that lasted a week. I also remember that I couldn't eat sugar and my appetite was almost non-existent. I craved fruits and vegetables. I was pretty skinny back then so it was more about overall health rather than weight loss. Now I want to lose a few pounds.

In our research back then, I remember reading that chlorella and spirulina repair or reset your DNA. So now I'm taking it for the health reasons.

Kiadodie

I remember that my nails were beautiful. Long, think and clear like glass. My facial hair was out of control. My eyelashes were longer and my brows were ridiculous, like caterpillars. I did experience hair growth but that's not why I started taking it again. I went through a faux flu like detox that lasted a week. I also remember that I couldn't eat sugar and my appetite was almost non-existent. I craved fruits and vegetables. I was pretty skinny back then so it was more about overall health rather than weight loss. Now I want to lose a few pounds.

In our research back then, I remember reading that chlorella and spirulina repair or reset your DNA. So now I'm taking it for the health reasons.
Thanks! SO are you planning on taking both chlorella AND spirulina and if so how much of each? Im really trying to repair my health and detox as well as my overall health so Im just starting to take these.

NaturallyATLPCH

I've been taking a spirulina/chlorella 50/50 tablet (I take 12 a day, 6 in the morning and 6 in the afternoon) and I've definitely noticed a difference in my skin, it's flawless!

I feel less tense as well. I haven't measured hair growth but the overall health benefits are phenomenonal.

The tablets are small so they aren't hard to swallow. I had started with the recommended dosage of 15 but detoxed way to fast and got constipated!

Kimbosheart

TBH I could not stand the spirulina. It was like drinking dirty fish tank water. I plan to get up to 10 grams of chlorella for a few months and then cut back to 3 for maintenance. The best way to take that high of a dosage is with the powder. I did the raw egg shake back then as well. So I would mix the bolthouse farms green juice with one raw egg and my chlorella in a cheap walmart personal smoothie blender every morning. It wasn't huge, just 4 oz of juice is needed to get it all down and I could not taste the chlorella.

I would possibly consider the 50/50 tablet but the smell of spirulina made it impossible to put in my mouth every morning consistently.

Kiadodie

I've been taking a spirulina/chlorella 50/50 tablet (I take 12 a day, 6 in the morning and 6 in the afternoon) and I've definitely noticed a difference in my skin, it's flawless!

I feel less tense as well. I haven't measured hair growth but the overall health benefits are phenomenonal.

The tablets are small so they aren't hard to swallow. I had started with the recommended dosage of 15 but detoxed way to fast and got constipated!
TBH I could not stand the spirulina. It was like drinking dirty fish tank water. I plan to get up to 10 grams of chlorella for a few months and then cut back to 3 for maintenance. The best way to take that high of a dosage is with the powder. I did the raw egg shake back then as well. So I would mix the bolthouse farms green juice with one raw egg and my chlorella in a cheap walmart personal smoothie blender every morning. It wasn't huge, just 4 oz of juice is needed to get it all down and I could not taste the chlorella.

I would possibly consider the 50/50 tablet but the smell of spirulina made it impossible to put in my mouth every morning consistently.

What is the 50/50 tablet?