Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters

ilong

God's Own
@ilong, reduced appetite and lowered to non-existent carb/sugar cravings. I'm all in on spirulina,:yep:

I need to find the least expensive place to order the 1G Hawaian Nutrex pills.

I'm curious, if taking cod liver oil pills will head off, breaking out on my chin?

@Shimmie, do you still take chlorella and spirulina?

ETA: Fellow Costco members the Nutrex Hawaiian Pacific Spirulina has a $6 off coupon through 6/19/16. I just ordered 360 1G spirulina pills for $28.99 :spinning:

That should last me for six months.

LOL - @MileHighDiva on the case. Yes - Costco is where I purchase my Spirulina.

LavenderMint

I haven't taken any in at least a week and I'm STILL green. Next week I'm going to restart, slowly, every other day with just the one tiny pill.
Re: constipation- flaxseeds also help smooth the way.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I'm going go look that up.
@MileHighDiva
You should.

And it doesn't taste bad at all. It actually has a cinnamon/ginger taste to it. It actually gives it a little "kick"

I recently purchased the Beauty one because @shawnyblazes bought it. It use to be called SuperReds.

I got them directly from Nutri-Bullet for $14.99 + Free Shipping. I think Ms. Blazes got hers on Am-a-zon.

junipertree

I tried Now Spiruluna and chlorella powder a few years ago and could not take the taste or smell. Recently I revisited Spirulina but tried the Nutrex Hawaii brand in my smoothie and I barely taste it. I've added ginger to my smoothie and I think this masks the taste a lot. I'm going to try to incorporate chlorella.

SlimPickinz

Summer where are you?
TMI: period related. Gross and graphic.

I am on birth control so I know exactly when my period is coming. When I am consistent with my chlorella and Spirulina my period is light in color and heaviness. It also has a mild smell. When I'm not consistent with my pills, my period is blotchy. Deep dark red mixed with brown and pink. I think the pink is mucus. The smell is also more along the lines of when I was younger and not on BC. It's not a bad smell just strong, we all know the smell. I didn't notice until just now and I was reading my journal. I'm glad I've been journaling my body feelings along with my mental feelings.

Daina

TMI: period related. Gross and graphic.

I am on birth control so I know exactly when my period is coming. When I am consistent with my chlorella and Spirulina my period is light in color and heaviness. It also has a mild smell. When I'm not consistent with my pills, my period is blotchy. Deep dark red mixed with brown and pink. I think the pink is mucus. The smell is also more along the lines of when I was younger and not on BC. It's not a bad smell just strong, we all know the smell. I didn't notice until just now and I was reading my journal. I'm glad I've been journaling my body feelings along with my mental feelings.

@SlimPickinz, I notice some differences as well. I have always been a heavy clotter and pass large ones during my cycle (sorry TMI) and I haved noticed it has lessened some since adding chlorella and spirulina.

SlimPickinz

Summer where are you?
@SlimPickinz, I notice some differences as well. I have always been a heavy clotter and pass large ones during my cycle (sorry TMI) and I haved noticed it has lessened some since adding chlorella and spirulina.
I started the TMI discussion lol I am here for it! Can I ask how on time you cycle has been if you don't mind? One of my friends has a crazy irregular cycle and I am trying to convince her to start S&C.

Daina

I started the TMI discussion lol I am here for it! Can I ask how on time you cycle has been if you don't mind? One of my friends has a crazy irregular cycle and I am trying to convince her to start S&C.

@SlimPickinz, my cycle is regular + or - 6 days. It usually starts between the 6th and 12th each month. This may seem irregular to some but I have PCOS so just having a cycle every month is an achievement for me. So I definitely think they are helping.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I've been taking Biotin and Bamboo as well along with my Chlorella/Spirulina tablets. I'm up to about 14 a day, 7 in the am, 7 midday. The recommended dosage is 15, tried that and I had some problems lol...that one extra tablet did make a difference.

@NaturallyATLPCH
I take x3 Chlorella & x3 Spirulina and x2 Beautifully Bamboo.

I also have Chlorella & Spirulina both in my Supergreens Powder.

I had been taking just x1 Horsetail (Silica). Maybe I'll up it to x2.