• Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters

demlew

i started up again with spirulina/chlorella mix powder in water. Tastes gross :look:

You're brave! I tried that once - never again. Today I mixed my wheatgrass powder with a superfood juice blend. It's still gross, but I sipped it quickly through a straw so I only tasted it a little towards the end. I'm gonna do it that way from now on.

Kurlee

You're brave! I tried that once - never again. Today I mixed my wheatgrass powder with a superfood juice blend. It's still gross, but I sipped it quickly through a straw so I only tasted it a little towards the end. I'm gonna do it that way from now on.
Orange juice, back of throat, so it does not linger on my tongue. Lol or put it in a smoothie that will mask the taste.
I tried the back of throat thing today... :nono: and it was terrible. I think I will mix it from now on or put it in capsules. :nono:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Hi, all.

I plan to begin taking a chlorella/spirulina tablet. I want an organic one that I can chew. Any recommendations? Are there brands I should avoid?

I see these two. I will order for the original website and not Amazon, but what do you think about these brands? Thanks in advance!

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Hi, all.

I plan to begin taking a chlorella/spirulina tablet. I want an organic one that I can chew. Any recommendations? Are there brands I should avoid?

I see these two. I will order for the original website and not Amazon, but what do you think about these brands? Thanks in advance!

I do not know about either one of those. They have to be broken cell wall, or you will get no benefit. I still need to introduce spirulina into my diet, but the Yaeyama chlorella is the only one I know for sure that works.

lindseyerinc

How do you guys mix your powders into juice/water? I had a hard time with my spirulina clumping and ended up taking spoonfuls instead of drinking.

Daina

Hi, all.

@YvetteWithJoy, I use the Triquetra Health spirulina tablets and like it a lot. I've had no issues and good results. Never tried the combo tablet, I use a separate chlorella tablet. By the way I would not recommend chewing the tablet, it smells terrible and I can only imagine it tastes 2000 times worse.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
@YvetteWithJoy, I use the Triquetra Health spirulina tablets and like it a lot. I've had no issues and good results. Never tried the combo tablet, I use a separate chlorella tablet. By the way I would not recommend chewing the tablet, it smells terrible and I can only imagine it tastes 2000 times worse.

I ended up getting the one linked below from the Vitamin Shoppe. It can't have an organic label but basically is (explanation here: http://www.sunfood.com/spirulina-chlorella-tablets-2oz-raw.html).

It's only been 2 days, so I can's say how it's doing my body (except I've been running to the restroom :look:).

I chewed it just to see and it wasn't yummy but not disgusting at all. Very easy to swallow with juice or water, though: No need to chew at all. I love the nutritional content of these tablets, and I hope they help me with my fitness in general . . . and specifically with my running training.

Aggie

Finally Subscribing. Lots of reading to do so I'll get to it. I heard lots of great things about these two green super foods.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
I have absolutely no appetite, which is crazy because I can always eat. I went to a Thai restaurant with friends and could only finish the egg roll. I've also been going green since the third day. I get the biggest energy boost when I take my pills. I'm taking 3g of chlorella and 6g of spirulina
I wish it would kill my appetite. I am at 6.4g daily. Still looking at adding spirulina.

CurlyRy

I'm going to try and get back on track with this. I also wanted to take spirulina and kelp at the same time...we'll see how this goes.

Does anyone have an update? Good results?

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
Yes, updates ladies

I fell off track w/my smoothies at the end of the year, but started this one doing a 10-day green smoothie cleanse. I'm back to spirulina and chlorella and began using camu camu powder because it's loaded w/vitamin C. If I notice a growth spurt, I will let you guys know. But I am also doing the Inversion Method for Jan. week 1, w/o oil, though. I'm eager to see what happens.

nothidden

Causes to much hair growth on my chin and gave my skin a green hue

You cannot beat Chlorella when it comes to resetting the body. It regulates most every abnormality in the body.
Interesting. I've been taking a powder for a year or two and haven't experienced unwanted hair growth.

Do you recall how much you were taking? What brand?

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
Seems as though Earthrise is out of stock (permanently) and it’s hard to find Chlorella @ 300-500mg.

I found a product that has 450mg + eating more greens. Hopefully 4 weeks from Sunday or Monday, I’ll have 2 inches of growth.

gn1g

Interesting. I've been taking a powder for a year or two and haven't experienced unwanted hair growth.

Do you recall how much you were taking? What brand?

Sun chlorella and I forgot how much. Whenever I feel like I have a cold or something coming on, it is my go to supplement - It's king.

nothidden