How are you protecting/caring for your leave-out?

growinghealthyhair

I'm newly natural and using weaves/wigs(glue-less lace wigs) for my protective style this year. My hair is truly flourishing. I usually wore closures while i transitioned and decided to do some leave-out. I have EPRT currently installed and I love it. I have only had it installed for about a week now. But i'm in love, I prefer this better than my EPSRT. My question is...How are you ladies who use weaves as a protective style(and don't use closures or frontals) protect your leaveout? And how are you caring for your leave-out so that it grows and flourishes??

Calia001

Great question, this has been a most pressing issue for me. My bangs grow the slowest because of leave outs.

What's an EPRT?

growinghealthyhair

Its Extentions Plus Relaxed Texture. The type of hair i'm wearing.

I understand Calia. Thats one reason why I started wearing closures so i wouldn't have to bother with leaveout. Now i'm scared of hurting my progress so i want to make sure that i'm taking care of it as well!

EbonyCPrincess

I would say to pick a texture closer to your hair texture so that heat and manipulation are unecessary. Since I am a relaxed girl, whenever I am wearing a curly half wig, I just braid all my hair and place a headband over the wig line so that blending is non-existent. This summer when I switch to a curly sew in (right now I have long virgin indian hair) I will do individual braids around my perimeter so that I won't have to twist and blend all the time. So since your natural and worried about your leave out maybe EPRT isn't the best option. Maybe some more of the natural gals will chime in with a different view.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
i rollerset my leaveout when i wore my weave......not sure if you can achieve the EPRT look with your natural texture by using a rollerset, but it's worth a try.

you could try rollersetting the leaveout and then wrap the hair and tie with a scarf overnight.

you tube has some great roller setting vids by natural ladies.

growinghealthyhair

My natural hair blends into my ERPT perfectly. I think maybe I'm not asking my question right lol. I just wanted to know what you ladies use to care for your leaveout while in a weave protective style. I bought some flexirods i'm washing/rollersetting tonight.

I think I'll just stick to washing/conditioning weekly and taking care of my ends. I just wanted to hear what some of you other ladies were doing as well to make sure no breakage happens. I don't have to manipulate my hair very much , because I also have BKT on my hair. SO it hasn't reverted.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
Well when I am in a weave, I rollerset my leave out. Wash and deep condition weekly. (I wash the braids underneath every two weeks or so)

I lightly moisturize and seal my leaveout daily. I also dust the ends as needed.

My main goal with my leaveout is always to deep condition and to minimize heat usage.

mscocopuff

Well when I am in a weave, I rollerset my leave out. Wash and deep condition weekly. (I wash the braids underneath every two weeks or so)

I lightly moisturize and seal my leaveout daily. I also dust the ends as needed.

My main goal with my leaveout is always to deep condition and to minimize heat usage.

I second your comment. This is exactly what I do to my leave out. I use the S-Curl No drip - when I braid it out but Coconut oil when straight. I am currently wearing Bohyme Egyptian Wave.