How are you wearing U'r hair this Spring/Summer '07

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I'm thinking of giving the curly look a break, I'll still rollerset to dry when I don't airdry but would like to start doing silk wraps, and rollerwraps for a sleeker and straight look. Adding wide headbands and cute hair clips/barrettes for different looks.
When I want a bigger/more textured look I'm thinking twist-outs or braidouts.
I'm also thinking of using different color cellophanes to add color and thin bangs, not to heavy so if I don't want them it won't be hard to camofloge them.
Ponytails and buns are sounding extra cute on those hot days.

So how are wearing your hair?

InnerSoul

I am going to be doing some serious twist and braid outs!! I will still rollerset but I love another option to styling!

Empress Yahudah

Wash/Condition and go or braid outs..very seldum do i wear it straight because even tho my hair is relaxed i still hair my curl pattern i decided to not fight with it anymore.. it tends to frizz up a bit when its all hot and hummid.

ShaniKeys

Not sure yet...I'd love to wear it straight (flat ironing) but heat+sun=damage so I'm gonna have to find an alternative, I'm a little tired of braid outs and wash 'n' go, maybe I should just braid it...maybe cornrows:)

Tresses

Well right now I am on the sew-in challenge. This will be a real challenge for me b/c I don't think I can wear some hot heavy hair in the summer but we'll see, but since I am a vampire and I don't show my face until the sun goes down, I might be ok. I plan on doing a regimen with little or no manipulations. If I'm not wearing a sew-in, hopefully I can work a lf wig(hair braided underneath) w/o sweating my tail off, or I will be rocking braid/twist outs or wet sets.

Cichelle

I will probably keep on with what I've been doing. That means keeping it up in a bun or other protective style. It's not very exciting, true. But it works. I don't like braids in my hair. But I might try doing twists again. I haven't done them in a long time.

Healthb4Length

I think I'll be alternating between weaves and cornrows. I want to do the braided mohawk and a kinky curly sew-in, I'm just going along with the C & G method and keeping it real simple.

blackbarbie

I am hoping for a big growth spurt this spring/summer, so I will be doing wash and go's as well as flat twistouts. These two low manipulation styles will be a good start to getting some really good growth. I am also going for another 6 month stretch so it won't be until August that I will relax again - these 2 styles will be lifesavers for me this spring/summer.

dlewis

blackbarbie said:
I am hoping for a big growth spurt this spring/summer, so I will be doing wash and go's as well as flat twistouts. These two low manipulation styles will be a good start to getting some really good growth. I am also going for another 6 month stretch so it won't be until August that I will relax again - these 2 styles will be lifesavers for me this spring/summer.

You look so pretty in your siggy.

sunshinebeautiful

I haven't really given it much though. I've been toying with the idea of a change... my latest idea has been getting a blue-black rinse. There is something about ultra-dark hair that I've been loving recently. As it gets warmer I expect to wash-n-go rather than wearing my hair straight this spring/summer.

Legend

Trichological Alchemist
I'd love to claim that I will wear lovely roller sets and pin curls........

But, I know myself better than that and it's probably going to be my usual phony ponies all the way. :lol:

(I can't stand taking time to style my hair in the morning. :ohwell: )

BMoreFlyy

I think I'm going to be wearing mainly rollersets... and just a plain wrap, something that will require moisture but no heat. lol

IntoMyhair

I have a plan lol

I'll will wear my hair loose bunned for a month (starting now march) than bunned with ends tucked or bagged(April) for another month than in may 2 strand twists that i can still co wash and deep con I'll scurl them up than re twist every 2 weeks in June relax than July braid up in some C G braids

(right now with the fresh relaxer i can pull off the loose bun next month I'll do phony buns or sock buns to combat the new growth)

the 2 strand twists are also a good way to hide the new growth but i still wear then tucked or bunned under

this are twist with out extensions

Last edited:

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I think buns are going to be sooo fun this summer, and the accessories makes it even funner. I'm going to try my first figure 8 bun the summer, I can't wait :grin: .
crlsweetie912 said:
Probably buns until I reach my goal!

But with lots of cute accessories!

Cleve_gryl

I am also looking forward to wash and go! Its been too cold for me to airdry and when it gets hot, I won't have the patience to sit all up under a hot dryer for hours :ohwell: