How are you wearing U'r hair this Spring/Summer '07

LovelyLionessa

Braidouts, twistouts, ponytails, buns & french rolls. Thank God I got my last self relaxer right, now I'm not co-dependent on heat anymore!

CaliJen

Wash n go, buns, hair in up do with hair clips etc. limit heat as much as I can....also thinking of cellophane maybe a reddish color still thinking on that...:ohwell:

PuffyBrown

:newbie:

I will be wearing twist updoos, cornrows, and singles.
E-Z does it.

Complete creating my new hair regimine so that I have a really good system after the heat is over and I want to take the braids out.

Continue to focus on LHCF forums and improve hair care management skills.

SohoHair

Wash and go's and twistouts until I'm sick of them!!! I should be fully texlaxed from root to tip and full APL all the way around by my next touchup in July, so it'll be a summer of big hair!:creatures

HoneyDew

Priestess said:
Braidouts, twistouts, ponytails, buns & french rolls. Thank God I got my last self relaxer right, now I'm not co-dependent on heat anymore!

I wish I could say the same!!

For me, nothing different. Airdry and flat iron weekly (until I get my hair relaxed correctly, at least.)

I may do a set of braids or 2 for any beach visits or vacations.

bablou00

Rollersets, braidouts, and around months 4-6 I will be wearing cornrows for sure. I had a lot of matting and tangling this last stretch but loved the results from stretching for 4mos. I plan to go to 6 this time. Plus it will be summer so wearing cornrows will help with the heat.

RubyWoo

I'll be alternating between C&G(braids) and wearing my hair out. I plan to relax in April so I'll be wearing my hair out for that month and early May. I will then be back in braids in mid-late may. When I wear my hair out, I plan do rollersets and either follow up with a wrap/silk wrap or leave it curly and pin up my curls into a cute style. I also would like to experiment with accessoriesl such as clips and headbands. Lastly, I plan to put in a very black rinse, cut some swoop bangs and get a haircut/trim(1/2"-1").

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Anything that dosen't require me to sit under the dryer. Probably wng's and braid-outs (hopefully I will perfect these this summer). I will band it if I want a straighter look but the humidity will probably frizz it up anyway.

IrisDaVirus

I'll keep my hair braided. Matter of fact I have some in right now. I'm due to be in a bridal party in June and I plan to have some pretty micros done for the occasion.

Update (5/6/07) - Pixie braids are out now. As for that wedding, it's been called off due to circumstances too outrageous for words :lachen:. I'll probably keep my hair free and wear wash-n-go's.

Last edited:

LovelyZ

Buns and pin-ups. but if i reach my goal length, bye-bye protective styles. Can't wait to swing my hair again.

Ntrlmystik

I have a set of braided extensions in now and I am loving the hair-drama free life that they are affording me. Especially since after my hair hits my shoulders it seems to break as fast it grows. So to get over that hump, this summer I will be doing a slightly modified version of Crown & Glory. I may give it a go until the end of the year with a few breaks in between!

Nanyanika

I'm wearing braid styles throughout spring/summer my hair is a few inches past shoulder length and is prone to breakage, so i plan to acheive APL and BSL using this method.

Bosslady1

Alli77 said:
I think I'll be alternating between weaves and cornrows. I want to do the braided mohawk and a kinky curly sew-in, I'm just going along with the C & G method and keeping it real simple.

Same here. I will probabaly keep my hair out for only 1-2 weeks at a time to take progress pics.
Then it is back to braids! I am popping APL by September this year!
(I hope:look: )

glamazon386

I weaved it up most of the summer last year and had braids for the month of August. I'm getting tired of weaves so I think I'll be getting braids.

shynessqueen

I will be taking my braids out the first of June. DO W & G for the rest of June. Back to braids from July 2007 until May 2008. MY last Tex was Nov 2006. Next Tex was supposed to be June 2007 but I'm not going to Tex until June 2008. I will be 19 months post by June 2008. I know I'm crazy but i really want to be MBL for my wedding.

Last edited:

MsBttrfly23

I am in the process of transitioning and have been using braids every 2 months or so and bunning in between. I have been trimming off the relaxer little by little and hope to be 100% natural by June/July. I plan to get braids again in April and wear until the end of June when any little bit of perm left will be trimmed off when I take the braids off.

lexi08

I will probably wear my hair down as usual, but I may try out some pin-up styles. I get's so humid here, I usually get my shoulder length hair cut to chin length. Not sure that I will cut my hair though. I keep getting protests from my son and SO :rolleyes:

Arcadian

I'll no doubt continue to bun though I need to find something different because my favoite hats no longer fit...UGGG!!!!

I'm also on the lookout for some different styles as well cause I'm a little bored with strict bunning.

-A

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I'm in braids now, and I'll probably take them down at the beginning of May. I'll be re-relaxing and applying a rinse on May 15. After that, I'll do what i do every summer, wash n go's, braidouts, wraps, and phony pony. Basically anything that doesn't involve heat.

MizAvalon

I will probably continue doing what I've been doing:The BORING BUN!!:lol:

I'm a frequent exerciser and sweat and humidity don't really mix with cute hairstyles. If I need a nice hairdo a braidout works fine. Otherwise, it's just buns on a daily basis. They are boring, but boy do they work.

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
moniquekirk said:
I plan to wear spirals all summer! I will wash every week and keep my hair in spiral sets.

http://public.fotki.com/moniquekirk

Me too!

I spent most of the Fall and Winter wearing protective styles, so it's time to whip out the flexirods for the Spring and maybe the Summer (if the curls hold up under the heat).

Last edited:

Lavendar

I like the idea of the buns with cute accessories. I may go look for some cute beaded and flowery ponytail holders this weekend. I also would like one pair of the expensive beaded hair sticks with the jewels that hang down. I love those! I did try the chinese bun with some cheapy ones and it was really, really cute. Curly pin ups would be cute too, now that I can get that great silky wrap with the saran wrap (thanks Poka!!!). But when I hit brastrap in May (please, please) all bets are off with the buns!!!!:lol:

Naphy

I will continue to use the crown and glory method on my head : 1 month in braids, 2 weeks in bun and so on. Hopefully, I will be at APL before summer ^____^

preciousjewel76

MizAvalon said:
I will probably continue doing what I've been doing:The BORING BUN!!:lol:

I'm a frequent exerciser and sweat and humidity don't really mix with cute hairstyles. If I need a nice hairdo a braidout works fine. Otherwise, it's just buns on a daily basis. They are boring, but boy do they work.

Co-signing on that. It gets ridiculously humid here in Georgia, so I'm not even going to attempt to wear my hair down. I'll be doing buns and French rolls. I may also play around with braidouts, but I have to practice those.

Now that I think about it, since I've lived in Georgia, I've hardly ever worn my hair down in the summer. I've been protective styling for years, and I never even knew it!:lol: