How are you wearing U'r hair this Spring/Summer '07

Glitter

I'm so excited. I'm either going to texlax or get a full relaxer (leaning towards texlax) and cut my hair in one of those sleek bobs you're seeing everywhere. This is what I'm going for:

http://www.bastardly.com/archives/2007/02/12/rihanna-49th-annual-grammys-winner-of-the-bastardly-hoochie-award/4/

Star Jones is rocking a bob that looks like this and is fierce as well. I have a summer job at an investment banking firm and I am the only black female in my division...I know I'm going to be judged. I want my hair to be ON POINT.

(note: I'm not saying that your hair can't look good and be professional if it's natural or in another style. For me, I just want a power haircut and I think this is a look that will give me confidence)

RubyWoo

IvyHair said:
I'm so excited. I'm either going to texlax or get a full relaxer (leaning towards texlax) and cut my hair in one of those sleek bobs you're seeing everywhere. This is what I'm going for:

http://www.bastardly.com/archives/2007/02/12/rihanna-49th-annual-grammys-winner-of-the-bastardly-hoochie-award/4/

Star Jones is rocking a bob that looks like this and is fierce as well. I have a summer job at an investment banking firm and I am the only black female in my division...I know I'm going to be judged. I want my hair to be ON POINT.

(note: I'm not saying that your hair can't look good and be professional if it's natural or in another style. For me, I just want a power haircut and I think this is a look that will give me confidence)

That hairstyle Rihanna is rocking is very hot! I love iti!

Maa Maa omo mti

I will be wearing it out. Less clothes in the summer less snagging. Of course I'll be doing protective styles here and there but it will not be my #1 style.

Energist

I like the soft romantic curls in the summer and would like to wear those if it isn't too humid out. If it's too humid like I'm suspecting it will be, I will wear it in some sort of updo or high pony tail.

*Michelle*

Energist said:
I like the soft romantic curls in the summer and would like to wear those if it isn't too humid out. If it's too humid like I'm suspecting it will be, I will wear it in some sort of updo or high pony tail.

Me too...I may be in FL for most of the summer and I already know my hair will be up somehow. But in CA it will mostly be in soft curls.

Energist, you and your hair are so pretty!

Energist

Pixel Lady said:
Me too...I may be in FL for most of the summer and I already know my hair will be up somehow. But in CA it will mostly be in soft curls.

Energist, you and your hair are so pretty!

:blush: Thank u :)

prettypuff1

I am going with the braids. I was doing braid out, twist outs but i want braids. i do like the texture of them but crown and glory is callling my hair now..

tapioca_pudding

I was thinking of getting a cute short wavy sew in (about nape length or so) but I dunno yet. Gonna try a braid out this weekend to see what results I get. After that Im clueless.... Headbands will be my friends. :)

blackbarbie

I have finally managed to do a decent braidout (still a little more experimenting till I completely perfect it though:) ) and this is going to carry me throughout the summer until I relax again in September.

I have done them in the past and couldn't figure out why they didn't look as decent as others I've seen, but trial and error has proven to give me a hassle free style that I will be rocking for the remainder of the summer!! (an old co-worker calls it my "Underwater Hair":lol: )

gymfreak336

blackbarbie said:
I have finally managed to do a decent braidout (still a little more experimenting till I completely perfect it though:) ) and this is going to carry me throughout the summer until I relax again in September.

I have done them in the past and couldn't figure out why they didn't look as decent as others I've seen, but trial and error has proven to give me a hassle free style that I will be rocking for the remainder of the summer!! (an old co-worker calls it my "Underwater Hair":lol: )

Your hair looks beautiful.

Proudpiscean

blackbarbie said:

Love your braidout! :grin:
:lachen: @ "underwater hair" :lol:

blackbarbie

amr501 said:
Love your braidout! :grin:
:lachen: @ "underwater hair" :lol:

Thanks! Yeah, I had to laugh at that one too; the guy finally told me one day that he thought I was coming to work everyday with wet hair and everytime he saw me, (even when I wore it straight) all he could think of was "Underwater Hair!":lol:

asubeauty

I'll probably be wearing a lot of rollersets and flexirod sets, buns and ponytails in the lab (I'm doing research this summer).

I'm also liking headbands and scarfs either with my buns or with rollersets.

baby42

curly twist or braids may be a weave i dont plan to wear my own hair until next summer :lol: trying to get my growth on:lachen: