How can I maintain my ends after getting my natural hair straightened???

JassyMo

Hey you guys, I just had my hair straightened yesterday and my ends are a little bushy (not bad though). How can I keep my ends somewhat straight with less frizz? Also, I have about a inch to trim off but I'm doing that slowly. My thought was to find a mousse or use lottabody mixed with water only on the ends with satin rollers. Any suggestions??? Here's some pics.

Attachments

• IMAG1491.jpg
    IMAG1491.jpg
    473.6 KB · Views: 80
  • IMAG1497.jpg
    IMAG1497.jpg
    399.9 KB · Views: 86
  • IMAG1500.jpg
    IMAG1500.jpg
    380 KB · Views: 92

AtlantaJJ

I don't have an answer for you but I wanted to say that your hair is pretty!
How did you have it straightened? Flat iron? Blow dry, press? Did you DIY or have it done at a salon?

JassyMo

I went to a salon and my stylist, whom I trust would wash, deep condition, blow out and slightly flat iron my hair. There's no burnt smell and she uses heat protection. My hair will stay straight for a very long time but my ends will revert very quickly whether their completely trimmed and fresh or not :-/

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
I think your best bet would be to keep them sealed with some kind of oil--my hair prefers the thick stuff, including grease. Nothing with water in the ingredients because your ends will start to revert. Then keep the ends rolled at night.

I'd avoid mousse and stuff like that because it could cause damage and breakage.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Depends on your hair! My hair doesnt like coconut oil too much, but many people love it. Mine like petrolatum based products--others despise it. So maybe test an area...

What do you normally use to seal? Could use that... or whatever else you have around the house. Grapeseed oil, Crisco (some ladies swear by it!), sunflower, olive. You've got lots of choices!

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
i put a DAB (less than a dime size for your hair length) of olive oil, avocado oil or hot six oil in my hand and concentrate on the ends. then follow with a tiny pin size drop of kerastace serum, or chi silk infusion -- just a drop applied to the ends and then either roll them on satin rollers if you want curls or wrap it. tie down with a scarf overnight.

i love coconut oil but it's too heavy for my fine strands when they are straight. but coconut oil def works for some people. i think if your hair is thicker it won't weigh you down as much...or maybe it just weighs my hair down. no matter what you choose, go light at first application and add more if needed.

ends should be nice in the am.

Carrie A

I just got my hair pressed for the first time in over 25 years so this thread is right on time. So far I've been using coconut oil on the ends then rolling them up with hard plastic rollers (Yes I sleep in these but I'm used to it). So far so good but it's only been a couple of days. I wouldn't use any water though.