How come my money has been taken without my consent

Status
Not open for further replies.

beverly

Admin (November 2020 Photo)
Staff member
Sorry everyone, the computers don't work as perfectly as they are suppose too, its a function that is programed, but it works over 90% of the time.

Most of the time people get emails, sometimes they don't. Most of the time the account renews automatically, but sometimes they don't.

But in any case, they are suppose to renew automatically. If you want a refund, and didn't read the the notice about automatic renewal, just submit a ticket within 30 days of the payment and you can get a refund. Thanks!

LaNecia

Hi Bev,

I had the same problem as Sareca, my payment was made last week but I have been unable to post (and I NEED my fix) so I made another PayPal Payment today.

VWV

Proudpiscean

VWVixxen said:
Hi Bev,

I had the same problem as Sareca, my payment was made last week but I have been unable to post (and I NEED my fix) so I made another PayPal Payment today.

VWV

I just had the same problem too (I submitted a trouble ticket) :(
I had to pay another $5.00 to be able to post again even though I registered and paid back in July....

beverly

Staff member
for the people who have paid twice unecessarily ( i apologize) i should have answered all tickets? You can always check the status of your ticket by going to the link in my signature. Alot of times I respond, but your email spam filter is too high, so you never recieve my respsonse.

i will be happy to send any refund to you, just contact me at the paypal email address that you sent the payment too, with your paypal email address, and explain the issue.

sorry guys!

digitaldiva

This site is freakin amazingly unorganized, out of date and just kind of awful. You have to go through great lengths to read old threads since there aren't enough categories and the ones that are there aren't arranged properly. I'm going to stick to the site below and use this one as a reference until I create my own.

Last edited by a moderator:

HoneyDew

digitaldiva said:
This site is freakin amazingly unorganized, out of date and just kind of awful. You have to go through great lengths to read old threads since there aren't enough categories and the ones that are there aren't arranged properly. I'm going to stick to the site below and use this one as a reference until I create my own.

dang, I have never had those kinds of issues with LHCF. I has never been that serious. (and I do think there is way better info here on LHCF! ;) )

Last edited by a moderator:

rgraham2001

I just started, and i guess I didnt read the disclaimer that this will happen, Im also a student whose money is limited, so i hope that they start notifying people in advance before taking money from someones acct because the idea sucks, sorry i cant afford any overdraft fees for a $5 subscription, so i hope they fix this asap!!!! I agree with everyone on here with a reminder would be nice, people shuld noty be forced to renew it should be a choice.

MsJuly75

Re: My account was debited 2 months in a row. Why?

I just joined LHCF this past December and was charged my $5. My understanding is that this was an annual membership that would renew upon my anniversary date. But, I checked my bank statement this morning and I was charged $5 bucks again. What is this for? The membership agreement stated I would be charged $5 once a year. If this is a monthly draft that is not what was stated. Can anyone explain this to me????? Thanks, ladies.

Allandra

Re: My account was debited 2 months in a row. Why?

I just joined LHCF this past December and was charged my $5. My understanding is that this was an annual membership that would renew upon my anniversary date. But, I checked my bank statement this morning and I was charged $5 bucks again. What is this for? The membership agreement stated I would be charged $5 once a year. If this is a monthly draft that is not what was stated. Can anyone explain this to me????? Thanks, ladies.
You need to submit a ticket indicating this. The link is in my siggy.

GETHEALTHY

when you use paypal, and you don't go in and delete your card info, any subscription will be auto-renewed. really your cancleing the subscription as soon as you renew it. but it actually won't cancle until your subscription time is up. :yep:

Poli

Ok...My money was taken twice..I did NOT sub to 2010

This has also happened to me. My subscription was to end in Dec. but it was renewed after only six months. It now ends In July. I just cancelled my payment subscription all to together, this way they can't charge me again once these few months are over:yep:. It's only 10 dollars so no big deal but I know noone likes to chagred for something they didn't commit to:ohwell:.

Fine 4s

I'd like to prevent this from happening to me.
What informatio must I provide and to whom in order to cancel my subscription?

fluffylocks

SMH. I dont know what happened. I keep my visa bank card empty and just transfer money on it from my saving account when i need it because i get very loose with it when shopping. So I realized it was time to subscribe again, transfered $6.50 over, payed, all good. Next day i realized i was also charged $5.00...I dont know why that happened. Then i had to pay a overdraft fee of $25 :ohwell: But i dont know if i did this somehow or what.
Anyway, Its okay im just wondering if i will not have to resubscribe next year or what.....

beverly

Staff member
Subscriptions automatically renew each year unless you cancel them. After you subscribe, you must go back and cancel any subscriptions you have set up if you do not wish for the subscription to automatically renew. Open the transaction that says "Subscription Creation" then cancel it. Fluffylocks, i am sending you a Private message now.

GoingBack

Bev, if you cancel a subscription, does that just stop it from automatically renewing or will it cancel subscription to the site immediately even if there is still some time left on it?

Gemini350z

My 5.00 was taken out, but my right to post was not granted again. I had to actually come on the site and pay another $6.50 to actually be able to make this post and find out what is going on.

I will be opening a support ticket.

2bmrspotts

My subscription ends in a few days and I DO NOT want to renew
How do I cancel this in advance?
Is it paypal I lot into or is it somewhere on this site that I log into.
Ive seen several notes about this but no clear, precise direction.

Subscriptions automatically renew each year unless you cancel them. After you subscribe, you must go back and cancel any subscriptions you have set up if you do not wish for the subscription to automatically renew. Open the transaction that says "Subscription Creation" then cancel it. Fluffylocks, i am sending you a Private message now.

beverly

Staff member
In paypal find the subscription creation transaction, open it, scroll down to the bottom and cancel it. It will be listed on the day you initially set up the subscription

Butterfly08

In paypal find the subscription creation transaction, open it, scroll down to the bottom and cancel it. It will be listed on the day you initially set up the subscription

When I subscribed it was $5, now it is $6.50. Do I need to go into Paypal and change the amount to $6.50? (Paypal lists it as $5).

Barbara

Princess
I received an e-mail several days in advance, and for some reason I manually renewed my subscription. Now I have to get it credited to my account without losing my posting privileges, because $5 was automatically posted to my account.

trpaige

Girl Bev ain't hurting for yo 5 dolla's so I'm sure you can get it back asap. :lachen: :lachen: Then you can resume using the nonpaying portion of the board.

I wasn't aware of it being a recurring charge either but I know I get renewed automatically and it ain't gon hurt my pockets. Now those damn AOL scoundrels are a whole nother ****. :lachen:

All you had to do was pm a mod or utilize the contact us section below but I guess you needed to vent:lachen: :lachen: . You funny man!

This happened to me too and i did exactly what u said. The admin was so nice about it, apologized and my money was quickly refunded....

Status
Not open for further replies.