How Could Anyone be an atheist?

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
There are some things that happen, that make me puzzled to no end as to how one could be an atheist like:

1) Childbirth--I saw my friend's video of her son's birth. Who could witness a child being born into this world and still not believe that there is a God!?!

2) Plants/Flowers Growing--I planted some lilies last year from Home Depot. They did not last long, but I look up this spring and here they come. They came back! After dying and being buried all winter, they're blooming beautiful and strong. Who could witness that and NOT believe there is a God!

3) Spider Web--I am not a fan of spiders or anything, but we turned on our spotlights outside one night which we rarely do. And because of the light, I could see this huge, intricately weaved in geometrically perfect fashion web with a spider chillin' in the middle. Come on! Things don't just do stuff like that by themselves.

And did you know that spider silk is 5X stronger than steel? It may even be possible (according to some scientists) that a strand of spider silk the width of a pencil could stop a large airliner in flight. (I know some of you are thinking about your conditioners now!)

4) Bees--Did you know bees do a special dance for one another to tell each other where food is?

5) Fireflies--a bug that lights up, 'nuff said on that one

I think God must get tickled at me, because I get fascinated so easily with the little things that make Him magnificent.

I hope you will stop for a moment and notice the God in the world around you today. :)

Last edited:

Nice & Wavy

There are some things that happen, that make me puzzled to no end as to how one could be an atheist like:

1) Childbirth--I saw my friend's video of her son's birth. Who could witness a child being born into this world and still not believe that there is a God!?!

2) Plants/Flowers Growing--I planted some lilies last year from Home Depot. They did not last long, but I look up this spring and here they come. They came back! After dying and being buried all winter, they're blooming beautiful and strong. Who could witness that and NOT believe there is a God!

3) Spider Web--I am not a fan of spiders or anything, but we turned on our spotlights outside one night which we rarely do. And because of the light, I could see this huge, intricately weaved in geometrically perfect fashion web with a spider chillin' in the middle. Come on! Things don't just do stuff like that by themselves.

And did you know that spider silk is 5X stronger than steel? It may even be possible (according to some scientists) that a strand of spider silk the width of a pencil could stop a large airliner in flight. (I know some of you are thinking about your conditioners now!)

4) Bees--Did you know bees do a special dance for one another to tell each other where food is?

5) Fireflies--a bug that lights up, 'nuff said on that one

I think God must get tickled at me, because I get fascinated so easily with the little things that make Him magnificent.

I hope you will stop for a moment and notice the God in the world around you today. :)

These are great ones. I think too about how this earth is suspended all by itself, on the right degree and spinning at the right speed. If any of these things go off, the devastation would be insurmountable.

Just knowing what the human body is like and even how it knows to get rid of waste, is a wonder in itself. Man couldn't come up with this if he tried.

God is a God of awesome wonders!!!

HeChangedMyName

I don't believe that you can be an atheist. That's just my own personal belief. In order for you to say someone doesn't exist, you have to acknowledge them. Also, God is not only in the mind where belief exists. He is in the heart where feelings and love exist. A so called atheist can think and say they believe anything, but at their core, if there is one once of love, then they have experienced God, whether they admit it or not. Love can't be explained by science. Neither can God.

KEWLKAT103

I've thought this about atheist before.
I came to the conclusion that they must actively try and supress any thoughts of God or lifes wonders on a daily basis. Probably until they are too "numb" to be in awe of those beautiful things Supergirl mentioned.
Otherwise, I just can't imagine how they walk through life without ever speaking to God and being thankful for all the wonders of life and this world.

momi

Good Post! The heavens speak of His Glory - it is amazing. Don't even get me started on DNA and childbirth!!! Hallelujah!!!

Romans 1 -
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
18For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
19Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. 20For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I don't believe that you can be an atheist. That's just my own personal belief. In order for you to say someone doesn't exist, you have to acknowledge them. Also, God is not only in the mind where belief exists. He is in the heart where feelings and love exist. A so called atheist can think and say they believe anything, but at their core, if there is one once of love, then they have experienced God, whether they admit it or not. Love can't be explained by science. Neither can God.

That is a good point! I have often wondered if so-called atheists realize that just by acknowledging the date, they are acknowledging Jesus Christ. If it's May 9, 2008--it's May 9, 2008 A.D. A.D.=In the year of our Lord. :yep:

kbragg

It takes more faith to be an atheist, than it does to believe that there is a God or higher power. In order for an Atheist to say "there is no God" then they would need to have all knowlegdge. Since they cannot DISprove His existance, they cannot therefore truly be atheist. I think most atheist are at the bare minimum at least agnostic.:yep:

Another point about Bees. You ladies have GOT to see the Bee Movie!:lachen:I know it's a kid movie, but it's pretty good actually. Did you know that Bees defy all the rules of flight? By all scienctific knowledge bees should not be able to fly, yet they do. Just another one of those things God did on purpose.:grin:

Quote from the movie: "ACCORDING to all known laws of aviation there is no way a bee should be able to fly.A bees’ wings are too short and their bodies too fat. Bees, of course, fly anyway, because bees don’t care what humans think is impossible."

AMEN!:clap:

Farida

I too don't understand. I understand being agnostic, believing in a watchmaker God, but not atheism.

I dunno. The same way some people don't understand how I believe in God.