How Did You Create Your Hair Regimen?

How Did You Create Your Hair Regimen?

• I am happy with my hair regimen. It works very well for me.

Votes: 83 20.2%
  • I already have a good hair regimen but I'm always looking for ways to improve it.

Votes: 237 57.7%
  • I have a hair regimen but I get bored and change it regularly.

Votes: 23 5.6%
  • I have a hair regimen but it isn't working for me at all.

Votes: 8 1.9%
  • I don't have a hair regimen.

Votes: 60 14.6%

• Total voters

Barbara

Princess
I already had a good regimen (bra-clasp length) before I stumbled across this forum.

However, I did learn some new things that were beneficial, like using less expensive quality products and getting salon results for a lot less, learning the difference between moisture and protein conditioners, etc.

Last edited:

JayAnn0513

I make 30 look good!
I don't know what the heck I was doing to may hair before June 2008 when I discovered online hair boards. The only other time in my adult life that my hair looked anywhere near this good was when I was in the salon weekly trying to get my hair in shape for my wedding 05-06. I went weekly for 1 yr and gained a few inches but my hair was too thin and I should have retained more length than I did. She used a lot of heat and trimmed too much. I'm pretty happy with what I use now and I think I can reach my goals if I stick to the plan.

PPGbubbles

I finally have a fairly simple regimen...but I constantly look 4 products to take the place of ones I already use. As tempting as some of these products sound I can pretty much tell what will and wont work 4 my hair at this point.

washize

I started from scratch. During the days I didn't take care of my hair, I noticed immediate growth, sheen, bounce, and softness, when I just put my hair up at night for a few months.

When I came across LHCF I tried protective hair styles 24/7. and just tried to find what methods worked for me.

Now I've got a nice reggie, that always has room for improvement, but for the past 3 months I think this is going to be Permanente

Stella B.

I didn't even know you were supposed to have a hair regimen before I joined LHCF in 2007. I have learned so much from you all! Thanks for putting me on the path to healthy hair. Even after 2 years, I'm still in the process of finding my regimen, but it seems like its constantly being tweaked, especially with the change in weather and seasons. Also still working on the moisture/protein balance which seems to go off every time I do a process of some sort to my hair. I'm always learning and trying something new on here. I don't mind, cause I'm luving this journey, and my hair seems to be thriving.:yep:

Chevelure618

I started with Cathy Howse's book which is a strong simple regimen based on hair science. She refuted the 'myths' we've been fed about our hair. I tried it, it worked. I haven't veered too far away from it since.

magviv

My journey to health hair began when I started going to the salon weekly to make sure that I always looked professional for my job. Because I was in a rush I always requested a blow dry and then curling with a curling iron rather than a roller set. After a year or so of this I started to notice hair on the floor of my car behind the driver's side and people were always brushing hair off my shoulders. Then I also started to notice that my hair was getting thinner.

I mentioned the thinning, the severe shedding and the fact that I would like for my hair to grow past shoulder length to my stylist. Her response was that my hair didn't look like it was thinning to her and some people's hair would only grow a certain length no matter what they did. That comment made me very angry and I had an epiphany right there in the stylist chair (it felt like time stood still) Why was I relying on someone else to feel a sense of ownership in my hair and expect them to be responsible for maintaining it?!!

That's when I began my search for healthy hair and thank goodness happened upon LCHF! Since joining I've survived many bandwagons, suffered some setbacks :ohwell: and discovered some wonderful products along the way that I now use as staples:yep:. Like ORS creamy aloe poo, keracare humecto and garlic treatments. I've greatly reduced my product buying but I'm always interested in hearing about new products. :lick:

sparkle25

I just played around a little until i found what my hair likes and doesn't like. I just started with the basics, like cowashing as much as my hair likes & shampooing once a week or less, then adding leave in conditioner. What my hair actually likes, how much of the products etc is what im just now getting to learn. I use to think my hair hated protein, but now it actually likes some kinds of protein. Then i found a good deep conditioner. Basically my hair tells me what it likes and what it doesnt and i stick to what it likes.

Taina

All i know about hair care for natural hair is thank to this board. When i was relaxed i had my not-so-wow regimen, but it worked ... after BC i was lost, so i came here and read, and read, and read ... and then i figured a regimen xD

MizzBrit

dnt really have a regime , i just listen to my hair and it tells me what it wants done:rolleyes:

if it gets buildup..gotta wash
if its knotty even after i plait it every night..time to detangle
if its dry..time to moisture
if its frustrating me..protective style...
ect

Last edited: