How did you learn to braid?

Sweetyb

I'd like to know how you all learned to braid your hair with extentions. I want to braid my sis' hair by mid February with extentions but don't know where to start! I don't wanna buy some braid video with 20yr old styles on it. I saw that the Hair Lady sells her own braid video on her website www.growafrohairlong.com. What resources did you use to learn to braid with extensions, and how long did it take you to learn? And, if you remember, where can I get them?

Thanks!

Karonica

I played around with it and practiced on pieces of my hair before I felt comfortable enough to do a whole head of it.

G

I watched the person who used to braid my hair. I think the hardest part about braiding is parting straight, or atleast halfway straight
The easiest braids in the world are the braids done w/wet'n'wavy hair that's not braided to the ends. I used to do those on myself when I was in high school

Nonie

Like Caramela, I learned from watching. I'd get to the salon earlier than my appointment was scheduled and just watch how they did it. Then I used my kid sis as a guinea pig, bless her heart, until I got the hang of it (
Thank you kiddo!). Next I tried to undo one of the salon-done braids in the back on my head and rebraid it.

The very first time I did 'em, they felt loose... I found attaching the piece at the very base to be the hard part in the beginning (I don't wrap the hair around the base to start like a lot of pple do). But with practice, I finally got it.

About the partings.... With micros, it doesn't matter if the partings aren't completely straight. No one can see them with all the hair in the way. I usually do my braids while watching TV without worrying about the partings. I only go to the mirror when doing the front coz there's a parting or two there that I reveal when I style my braids and THAT I like to have looking decent.