How Do I Edit My Thread Title?

Isis

How Do I Edit My Thread Title So It Appears On the Discussion Board?

When I get a typo in my thread title and notice it only after I submitted it, how do I go back and correct it? This has happened a couple of times and although my preview shows it has been corrected when I edit it, it doesn't show to everyone else who sees it. Am I missing something? Thanks.

Last edited:

Allandra

Changing the Title of This Thread

It should work Isis. Try editing the title of this thread and see what happens (click on the edit button and go from there).

Last edited:

Isis

Allandra said:
It should work Isis. Try editing the title of this thread and see what happens (click on the edit button and go from there).
Thanks Allandra. I know how to click on the edit button and correct it (just as I did in the past). It's just that this time, it doesn't appear corrected when the threads are listed. It does when I am posting something. Other posts get the orginal typos.

Allandra

I have no clue why it isn't working for you. I just changed the title to my other post in this thread.

Nonie

Allandra, I understand Isis' predicament. You see if you, Allandra, change the heading it will change for your post. But anyone responding to your post will not automatically have your changed heading in their response unless they manually change it. The response takes up the very original title of the thread. A good example is Isis quoting you above, where you'd change your title. Instead of her post recognizing the new heading, it used the original. I noticed this when I posted a thread about Mr Six. Notice how my heading ends with Kindly and yet all the responses even teh ones that quote my post days later use the original heading that ended with Dearly (and one can't edit after 24 hours so y'all know I edited the same day I posted, yet responses days later ignored my edited title. http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=42910

BTW, I just tested this phenomenon on this new format and it seems to work as it should. In other words, if I respond to Allandra's post with the new title. My response adopts the new title. So I dunno... (Isis are you talking about NOW or in the past?)

Last edited:

Isis

Nonie said:
Allandra, I understand Isis' predicament. You see if you, Allandra, change the heading it will change for your post. But anyone responding to your post will not automatically have your changed heading in their response unless they manually change it. The response takes up the very original title of the thread. A good example is Isis quoting you above, where you'd change your title. Instead of her post recognizing the new heading, it used the original. I noticed this when I posted a thread about Mr Six. Notice how my heading ends with Kindly and yet all the responses even teh ones that quote my post days later use the original heading that ended with Dearly (and one can't edit after 24 hours so y'all know I edited the same day I posted, yet responses days later ignored my edited title. http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=42910

BTW, I just tested this phenomenon on this new format and it seems to work as it should. In other words, if I respond to Allandra's post with the new title. My response adopts the new title. So I dunno... (Isis are you talking about NOW or in the past?)
Hello Nonie!

I'm talking about now or since I posted about this situation. People are not necessarily going to deliberately look for my post with my corrected title to post a message from. They just click on "reply" and post their message. I'll go get the recent thread with my example.

Isis

OK. I just edited this thread title to read "How Do I Edit My Thread Title So It Appears On the Discussion Board?". It still reads, "How Do I Edit My Thread Title?" on the list of threads in this forum. I don't know how to change that.

And here is the thread I was trying to edit a few days ago called, "How Do Your Deal With Racial Stereotypes?" I saw my typo and edited it that day to say, "How Do You Deal With Racial Stereotyping?" But the corrected title doesn't show when listed on the forum.
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=46042&page=1&pp=10

Last edited:

Lindy

I guess you can't change the "main" thread title once it's submitted... it only appears as changed once you get inside of the thread...:( This just happened to me on the Entertainment board... I was trying to change my thread which I mistakenly typed as "The Bachelor Tonight" to "The Bachelorette Tonight" and couldn't... :ohwell: